Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) (31533 Views)

Outrage As Miss Earth Contestant Emerges 2nd / The Final Moment Of Crowning Chioma Obiadi Stephenie As Miss Nigeria 2016 (Video / Neurite Mendes Wins Miss Africa 2016 In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by KingsleyCEO: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
dainformant:
were they served cucumbers ?

Receive sense with slap!

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
amarachi06:
Bia nwokem, why spend such amount of money on a beauty queen that will produce more cucumber users?

Why are u so pained, cuz you aren't fine enough to win it, Must every girl be using cucumber like you undecided
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
Anybody still wonders why Africa,especially Nigeria is grossly under-developed ? N11million for promotion of international prostitution while there are many researches in our various Universities and other research centers begging for funding !

How does this generate employments and fix our already collapsed infrastructures ? The winner is even an Angolan which means the money won't be invested in our economy. Chai!,nkan bee o !

2 Likes

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
You see how embecillic these idiots can be? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Some people are hungry and you giving away N11m just to get her to sleep with you undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by nwakibie3(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
Can someone tell me the economic importance of this useless pageant? This man may be owing workers and they coughed out $25000 for their useless beauty whatever and they tell us there is no forex for genuine business men. I don't think Nigeria will come out of this recession anytime soon with all these misplaced priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Krystale: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
And they will say they cant say salaries
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by kellyshuga(f): 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=Splashme post=51459279][/quote]nope...they were served yam...we are in the change era
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by kodded(m): 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
[s]
don4real18:
Cross river is a failed state, yet they can afford to buy this for the winner
[/s]

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Emecson(m): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
scrapNG:
good
[color=#006600][/color]?
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by yinkslinks(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
joy
PrettyCrystal:
Cross River Governor Presents $25,000, Brand New Car To Miss Africa Winner.

Governor Ben Ayade today presented the cash award valued at $50,000 dollars to the winner of the Miss Africa pageant and the first and second runner-up . The stunning Neurite Mendes from Angola beat 17 other contestants to win the 2016 Miss Africa pageant. The pageant took place on Saturday, November 27th in Calabar. She took home $25,000 and a car.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/cross-river-governor-presents-25000.html

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
PrettyCrystal:

Governor Ben Ayade today presented the cash award valued at $50,000 dollars to the winner of the Miss Africa pageant and the first and second runner-up . The stunning Neurite Mendes from Angola beat 17 other contestants to win the 2016 Miss Africa pageant. The pageant took place on Saturday, November 27th in Calabar. She took home $25,000 and a car.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/cross-river-governor-presents-25000.html
this is just a misplaced priority. Has he paid his teachers salary cos they protest for unpaid allowances. Calabar governor should kindly pay the salaries oooo. Not giving a foreigner money.
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Progressive01(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
AntiWailer:
No money for best graduating student.
It is just pathetic my brother.
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Aajumi(f): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Another miss cucumber. ...first Class governors olosho. ..
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by misspicy(f): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
joey150:
11 million? Are you kidding me?? For what? Being beautiful??
I watched the live show,she was able to answer the question she was asked perfectly and her confidence is out of this world.

she Is also pretty and outspoken,and has a vision to help the depleting climate of Africa

The second runner up did well too,unfortunately Nigeria did not make the last 5

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by DammyOlu123(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Akshow:
Misplaced priorities.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I have nothing against beauty pagents, but #11,000,000?? Ha... Half that amount would do great good to hospitals in 2 or 3 local government areas of choice. Then you now add the car

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by irumanle(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
varmint:
Pathetic I must say.
$25,000 to Mrs Africa. That can do a lot of empowerment to the jobless people in his state.
In my opinion, Nigeria as a whole has no hope again. We will never get better. We keep seeing things like this and we keep hoping we improve but we do nothing to make the wish come true. What do we do instead? We rig elections, do stomach infrastructure, tribalism, owe workers in the education sector, put religion and faith ahead of hard work....where the mess are the colonial masters and the slave trade ships when I need them most.
When you say Africans need to be recolonised you hear people calling you names. Confused race.
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by crackhouse(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Meanwhile the best graduating student receives an exercise book.

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by joey150(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
misspicy:

I watched the live show,she was able to answer the question she was asked perfectly and her confidence is out of this world.

she Is also pretty and outspoken,and has a vision to help the depleting climate of Africa

The second runner up did well too,unfortunately Nigeria did not make the last 5
Really confidence is now worth this much?

I watched cowebell match competition and i saw the next Einstein's and genuises given far less than this beauty queen.

Why is it just in this part of the world where many are poor and impoverished that we spend lavishly on this?

To me...4 million and a car was more than ok. Waste of extra 7million that could get drugs or school books for people that desperately need them.

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by pennytrate: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
I just wonder why academically related awards cannot fetch you such? Damn I think we've missed it undecided

Anyway, beauty pays

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by ojgallant: 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
joey150:
11 million? Are you kidding me?? For what? Being beautiful??

i think something attached to it may she is Chidima Okeke second,the cucumber girl
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by pedro4hope(m): 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
evansjeff:
With which money?
tax payers money.... Our money.. na their way
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by varmint: 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
irumanle:
When you say Africans need to be recolonised you hear people calling you names. Confused race.
May be I'm not talking about recolonisation, I just want out... I want to leave this country, all hands are not on deck to move the ship forward, we have as much hands drawing it back as those pushing it. What a country.
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by misspicy(f): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
joey150:

Really confidence is now worth this much?

I watched cowebell match competition and i saw the next Einstein's and genuises given far less than this beauty queen.

Why is it just in this part of the world where many are poor and impoverished that we spend lavishly on this?

To me...4 million and a car was more than ok. Waste of extra 7million that could get drugs or school books for people that desperately need them.
You have a point dear,but I don't think the money was funded by Nigeria or even Akwa-Ibom state alone,the pegaentry is called "Miss Africa", different African countries participated,they only chose Nigeria as the venue for the event.

The prize money was definitely funded jointly by Africa
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by oluwashedy: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
While the rest of Nigerians are dying because of unpaid salaries, hunger etc.... Someone is dolling out millions and car gift to one yeye geh.

Misplaced priority
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by drealj: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
ifit

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by chiscodedon(m): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
uxdesigner:
Yeye people, if it were a first class graduate the gifts wont cost more than 100k. Nigerians be celebrating mediocrity. who beauty queen epp?

and to shock u,that's an academic professor of law, same calabar am in that he can't pay workers,his office I serve that his aids and workers are being owe, $50,000 for beauty pagents but corps members serving in his state he never paid dime to them, see him dining with the ladies where he never took out time to visit corps members deployed to his state both during camp and after camp,
calabar is trash, leaving on past glories, killings looming in calabar south the dullard cares not....only God will punish all this bigots calling themselves our leaders

1 Like

Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by chiscodedon(m): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
misspicy:

You have a point dear,but I don't think the money was funded by Nigeria or even Akwa-Ibom state alone,the pegaentry is called "Miss Africa", different African countries participated,they only chose Nigeria as the venue for the event.

The prize money was definitely funded jointly by Africa

look at that car....what logo is there?? Cross Rivers state, Ayade gave the money
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Tombilly:
And what they do offer to best graduating student is a laptop and N50k
The thunder that will fire all these our politicians is still undergoing training.
11m just for cucumbering themselves rubbish
shocked
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by jontim: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
PrettyCrystal:

No bursary for students of this statetill the next decade embarassed
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
chiscodedon:

and to shock u,that's an academic professor of law, same calabar am in that he can't pay workers,his office I serve that his aids and workers are being owe, $50,000 for beauty pagents but corps members serving in his state he never paid dime to them, see him dining with the ladies where he never took out time to visit corps members deployed to his state both during camp and after camp,
calabar is trash, leaving on past glories, killings looming in calabar south the dullard cares not....only God will punish all this bigots calling themselves our leaders
hmm thats serious
Re: Neurite Mendes Gets $25,000 And A Car As Miss Africa Winner (Pics) by gonkraziiiiii: 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hmmmm ayade....d potholes on calabar roads Na die...Oya like a gutter in d middle of d road....when u guys r coming for s carnival he wld patch it up asap n once it spoils again its till next ur carnival before dey get repaired and he is here dashing money....d dustbin crew,cuda can't pack dirt regularly cos he is owing 1 ur salary....d siren he blows with stunt power bikers Na die ....yet he is giving 11m....dumb short man devil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kourtney Koko, Little Girl Wears Ripped Jeans In Style (Photos) / Precious Nwodo Wins Miss Charming Nigeria Beauty Pageant / Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.