Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. (2827 Views)

Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Flight That Took Off In 2017 And Landed In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2016
Boat rides through glowing forests and floating mountains.

New pictures offer a sneak peek of Disney World’s next big attraction Pandora, The World of Avatar.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3978312/Boat-rides-glowing-forests-floating-mountains-New-pictures-offer-sneak-peek-Disney-World-s-big-attraction-Pandora-World-Avatar.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:27am On Nov 29, 2016
The World of Avatar will be housed in Disney’s Animal Kingdom and recently released pictures show how visitors will be able to take a boat ride through bioluminescent forests and dine in a Na’vi canteen.

Guests will be able to venture down a mysterious, sacred river hidden within the bioluminescent rainforest.

The full beauty of Pandora reveals itself as the canoes pass by exotic glowing plants and amazing creatures. The journey culminates in an encounter with a Na'vi shaman, Disney said.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:29am On Nov 29, 2016
New images have been unveiled that offer a tantalising glimpse of Walt Disney World Resort’s big new attraction for 2017 and it looks out of this world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Atiku2019: 7:37am On Nov 29, 2016
Explorer? grin SpaceBooked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Oliviaxx(f): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2016
that place looks seriously scary....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:46am On Nov 29, 2016
‘From the place-making to the two extraordinary attractions that will be in the land, both the Na’vi River Journey as well as Avatar Flight of Passage.

These promise to set new high-watermarks for our experiential magic we give our guests.

’Chapek shared details of the two new signature attractions, Avatar Flight of Passage, where guests will fly over the jungles of Pandora on a Mountain Banshee and Na’vi River Journey, a family-friendly boat ride through the bioluminescent forests.

The latter ride is described as a journey 'down a mysterious, sacred river hidden within the bioluminescent rainforest'.

Canoes 'pass exotic glowing plants and amazing creatures' as 'the fullbeauty of Pandora reveals itself'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2016
Oliviaxx:

Really scary, but those guys are really genius to create or construct an amazing and scary jungle like that.

4 Likes

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:49am On Nov 29, 2016
This rendering shows the new Satu’li Canteen, which is the main dining establishment for Pandora, featuring Na’vi art and cultural items.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:50am On Nov 29, 2016
Pongu Pongu (pictured here) will be an exotic location in which to purchase drinks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:51am On Nov 29, 2016
At Windtraders (pictured here), travelers will be able to find Na'vi cultural items, toys, science kits and more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2016
Using Na'vi-inspired shovels and assisted by a Na'vi (left to right) George Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort; Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, United States and France; Tom Staggs, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts; Jon Landau, Avatar producer; Bruce Vaughn, chief creative executive of Walt Disney Imagineering and Joe Rohde, creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering, pose during the ceremonial groundbreaking of the Avatar land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Tobitrueman(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:

Really scary, but those guys are really genius to create or construct an amazing and scary jungle like that.

I salute sir. My unreserved deference for your amazing posts.Good work.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Oliviaxx(f): 7:57am On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:

yea....i guess so
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2016
Walt Disney Imagineering's Joe Rohde (right) shares highlights of the project model with Cameron (left) and Walt Disney Parks & Resort Chairman, Tom Staggs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 8:03am On Nov 29, 2016
The ‘awe-inspiring’ land of floating mountains, bioluminescent rainforests and soaring Banshees will give guests a transformational experience they will never forget, Disney said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by iOluwaMichael(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:
Using Na'vi-inspired shovels and assisted by a Na'vi (left to right) George Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort; Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, United States and France; Tom Staggs, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts; Jon Landau, Avatar producer; Bruce Vaughn, chief creative executive of Walt Disney Imagineering and Joe Rohde, creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering, pose during the ceremonial groundbreaking of the Avatar land.
Sir Explorers, I used to think those creatures in the movie Avatar were fictitious. Do they really exist?
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2016
iOluwaMichael:

Sir Explorers, I used to think those creatures in the movie Avatar were fictitious. Do they really exist?

They dont.

1 Like

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by knostbrown01(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:

They dont.
no distraction.... continue bro

1 Like

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by ichommy(m): 10:52am On Nov 29, 2016
Following, Explorers Well Done.
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Oxytocin(m): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:
The ‘awe-inspiring’ land of floating mountains, bioluminescent rainforests and soaring Banshees will give guests a transformational experience they will never forget, Disney said.

How will/did they mange to pull this off??... the floating mountains??
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Oxytocin:

How will/did they mange to pull this off??... the floating mountains??

It will be constructed also, like suspending huge rocks with iron cables. They know how to do it and make it look like a real jungle.
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tobitrueman:

I salute sir. My unreserved deference for your amazing posts.Good work.

Smiles...Thanks bro.
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
I give up

I told a friend that aliens don't really exist, but we will eventually live in a world where everything exists, including man made aliens.

We already have robots, Chinese made an ear on one guys arm (NL thread) and now this....floating mountains.

There's a lot of close to impossible creations that we currently are enjoying as it is.

Bigup Explorers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by QuietHammer(m): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:

It will be constructed also, like suspending huge rocks with iron cables. They know how to do it and make it look like a real jungle.

I think the "mountains " are dummies. They are beyond reach anyway so tourists may never know.
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by engrobidigbo: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

Chaiii.... See how people are recreating fiction into reality....

I honestly pray that 9ja will get to this level before 2050

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
engrobidigbo:
shocked shocked shocked

Chaiii.... See how people are recreating fiction into reality....

I honestly pray that 9ja will get to this level before 2050

Imagine, and that will cost millions of dollars. Their love for tourism is going to the extreme and their making millions also.

1 Like

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by DEIFIED(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
This Disney sef.
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
I hope one get to see Neytiri . cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by kunlesehan(m): 10:56am On Nov 30, 2016
This is awesome !!! kudos Sir Explorers
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Explorers(m): 4:15am On Dec 01, 2016
kunlesehan:
This is awesome !!!
kudos Sir Explorers

Thanks bro.
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
How wonderful!
Re: Tourism: Walt Disney To Open 'Pandora, World Of Avatar ' In 2017. by Kyllahmc(m): 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Oliviaxx:
are you kidding me, it looks beautiful... If you are an avatar fan you should love that place.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

From U.S To Canada / Which Country Can I Travel To With 500k To Hustle. / Japa: It’s Now Getting Expensive To Japa Through Student Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.