Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? (1229 Views)

Gabon Minister Humiliated In France; Will Nigerians In Diaspora Copy Trend? / Omokri: Osinbajo Outshines Buhari, Will Nigerians Want To Go Back To PMB? / When Will Nigerians Wake Up And Ask For The Real Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2016
When will Nigerians get angry?

This question keeps popping in my head each time govt slaps us with a levy aimed at maintaining their obscene lifestyles.

Hardly have we come to terms with the CBN's draconian policy, directing telecoms companies to charge us more if we have any reasons to make phone calls beyond 2mins.

Here comes an NCC again, instructing the same telecoms to increase data charges, effective from next month.

We need to ask the Mr Minister of Communications, which categories of Nigerians are the most active data users?

Aren't they Students, Youths entrepreneurs? Unemployed graduates, youths seeking job advertisement online? Programmers? Et al.

Have these govt officials lost their minds? For God sake we employed this people to serve us and not to kill us.

When will Nigerians be angry?

Why is NCC hq and its state branches yet to be occupied by now?

The claim is Nigeria is broke and needs more revenue sources. Yet, some vagabonds in the national assembly are making orders for luxurious cars worth billions of scarce nairas?
Executives are pocketing billions of naira every month in the name of security votes?

The former minister of finance, Okonjo Iweala, at the end her tenure proposed that luxury items like imported wines, private jets and their owners be taxed/levied. Govt seem not to have enough courage to impose taxes on this items and individuals. Yet they look in the direction of hapless masses?

When will Nigerians get angry?

Godwin Emefiele & Mr Shittu wants Nigerians, whose income have not increased since the commencement of the leadership induced recession, to pay more in order maintain an overbloated, ineffective and imprudent govt?

I ask again, when will Nigerians get angry.

Nigeria belongs to us all and not the few in govt. The decision for better life should not be left in the hands of those within the corridors of power.

Influential leaders, Progressive Students Union Movement, NANS, Leftist organizations, should call for a mass action now!

Lalasticlala and mynd44 when will you guys be angry?
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by pchukwudi: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2016
LONG OVER DUE REALLY. angry

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by Waspy(m): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2016
We will one day... We still dey flex for now.... By the time the shiiit hits the fan and it's right there in our faces, we will.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by lytech1(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2016
When they truely stop mmm

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2016
pchukwudi:
LONG OVER DUE REALLY. angry

My brother, govt officials are taking everyone for a ride. NCC officials are barely up to 30 people and they call the wrong shot for millions. They could reverse the policy when Nigerians besiege their gate and demand for an immediate suspension of these draconian policy.
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2016
Waspy:
We will one day... We still dey flex for now.... By the time the shiiit hits the fan and it's right there in our faces, we will.
Can the situation be worse than it already is?

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by bonechamberlain(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2016
I don't just know, the elite are just playing games with the people. angry

Nigerians would prefer to club, party etc, while they are suffering. Suffering and smiling. angry

What kind of country is this
When would Nigerians get angry.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by babyfaceafrica: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2016
Later,not now.and I know when we do, it will be brutal.but don't force us to be angry,when we are ready to be agry, we will call you...kachifo!!!
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by OneManLegion(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2016
I've been hoping, praying to see the day we'd prove that we're not mindless _morons. That when you continually grind the masses, the proletariats to the dirt, the insurrection would be inevitable.

I don't know if we'll ever get there but judging by the comments on social media where I see poor, deprived youths leaping to the defense of their oppressors, I reckon we're a long way off from reaching the point of national rage.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2016
OneManLegion:
I've been hoping, praying to see the day we'd prove that we're not mindless _morons. That when you continually grind the masses, the proletariats to the dirt, the insurrection would be inevitable.

I don't know if we'll ever get there but judging by the comments on social media where I see poor, deprived youths leaping to the defense of their oppressors, I reckon we're a long way off from reaching the point of national rage.
This your second paragraph is the part that breaks my heart daily. Why the heck should I struggle to buy data and use same to defend fani Kayode when he picks an argument with Jimoh Ibrahim. Or Fayose and buruji kashamu the fugitive.
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Later,not now.and I know when we do, it will be brutal.but don't force us to be angry,when we are ready to be agry, we will call you...kachifo!!!
Is it until we get taxed before having our bath? I feel sad to note we are still yet to decide when this will stop.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 10:45am On Nov 29, 2016
bonechamberlain:
I don't just know, the elite are just playing games with the people. angry

Nigerians would prefer to club, party etc, while they are suffering. Suffering and smiling. angry

What kind of country is this
When would Nigerians get angry.

That question is worth a million dollar, when will Nigerians ever get angry?

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by OneManLegion(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2016
citizenjuwon:

This your second paragraph is the part that breaks my heart daily. Why the heck should I struggle to buy data and use same to defend fani Kayode when he picks an argument with Jimoh Ibrahim. Or Fayose and buruji kashamu the fugitive.

This is the unfortunate fate that befalls us as a nation.

And these people don't see anything wrong with their warped mindset. They are not amenable to corrections, either. They term us "haters".

It's regrettable, really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by babyfaceafrica: 11:34am On Nov 29, 2016
citizenjuwon:

Is it until we get taxed before having our bath? I feel sad to note we are still yet to decide when this will stop.
yes till then...
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by mcangelo(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2016
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]I propose the way forward. Lets us occupy the street unto they vacate the state for us......dead serious on this. The more we keep quite the more they oppress us .

3 Likes

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by dra1987(m): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2016
Copied Trump,I hate to see my country cry,i hate to see my country heading to destruction,truly indeed when are we going to get angry?I felt pain in me when I read and heard my country is now the 3rd most poorest country on planet earth,my country is in recession, how did all this come to be?Nigeria has abundant resources the land is green the land is blessed yet we cried of hunger and starvation (this is like someone living in the middle of a river and still dying if taste) my fellow country men and women this is no longer funny is this how we are going to continue watching our leaders lead us to doom?things are not working well everywhere in this country our leader are spending our money,they embezzle to their satisfaction they live in houses worth billions drive cars worth hundreds of millions their children attend the most expensive schools in the world,they spend millions on foreign vacation and medical checkup,our hospitals and our school is no longer functional there is no more people security the become only for the poor not for the rich,the rich steal billions and becomes God to the ordinary man . ordinary man steal bread and get thrown to prison if not death everyday because they can afford to buy paracetamol.,people hardly feed on one meal a day
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by drnoel: 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
citizenjuwon:

Lalasticlala and mynd44 when will you guys be angry?

Really yet Nigerians rose up in masses to protest the fuel subsidy stuff in GEJ administration cos it was backed by political bigwigs who paid some people peanuts but failed to rise up again as they did when Bubu claimed he removed subsidy. Then u come here to ask us when Nigerians will get angry?
To answer ur question, when they stop being used as puppets by agents of political parties and start clearly thinking for themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by dra1987(m): 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Copied Trump,I hate to see my country cry,i hate to see my country heading to destruction,truly indeed when are we going to get angry?I felt pain in me when I read and heard my country is now the 3rd most poorest country on planet earth,my country is in recession, how did all this come to be?Nigeria has abundant resources the land is green ,the land is blessed ,yet we cry of hunger and starvation (this is like someone living in the middle of a river and still dying of taste) my fellow country men and women this is no longer funny is this how we are going to continue watching our leaders lead us to doom?things are not working well everywhere in this country,our leader are spending our money to theatre way they like,they embezzle to their satisfaction,they live in houses worth billions,they drive cars worth hundreds of millions, their children attend the most expensive schools in the world,they spend millions on foreign vacation and medical checkup,our hospitals and our school are no longer functional,there is no security, the law becomes only for the poor to obey not for the rich,the rich steal billions and becomes God to the ordinary man,ordinary man steal bread and get thrown to prison if not killed, the judiciary the last hope of ordinary man is no longer serving the ordinary man, people are dying everyday because they can't afford to buy paracetamol.,people hardly feed on one meal a day, my fellow youths of this country when are we going to act on this?The hope of this country depends on u we can make this country better is not late,we need to voice out let the whole world hear our cry,we need to make Nigeria a better place for our children. I am always here to make any type of sacrifice if any person has plan on how to deal with this looters we called our leaders they all deserve to be punished. God bless my dear country Nigeria.
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by malton: 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by Tremor007: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
You won't see all those hungry plebs here to come and chant their "Buhari is working" mantra now they will stylishly avoid this beautiful Eye-opener even they are mentioned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by thegentile: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nigerians will never get angry, because the youths of this country lack history and we are so divided that we don't feel each other pains anymore. Take for example the way Igbo's and Yoruba's fight on nairaland, the people who come here to abuse tribes and ethnic groups are they foreigners? so until we correct this wickedness we are doing to ourselves we will continue to suffer in this country called Nigeria. Nairaland is suppose to be a platform to unit youths in this nation and not to divide us.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by Arrow24: 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Una just dey find who Una go waste Im time.... The youths are already angry... Can't you see how fast we type on nairaland.... Dragging FTC position... Looking for who to push to the front and then u buy your popcorn and watch as the person is used as shooting practice.... Mtchwwwww
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by roolnaado(m): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nigerians will get angry in 2019
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tremor007:
You won't see all those hungry plebs here to come and chant their "Buhari is working" mantra now they will stylishly avoid this beautiful Eye-opener even they are mentioned.
I think we owe this country a duty to whip the govt into line when they derail.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
thegentile:
Nigerians will never get angry, because the youths of this country lack history and we are so divided that we don't feel each other pains anymore. Take for example the way Igbo's and Yoruba's fight on nairaland, the people who come here to abuse tribes and ethnic groups are they foreigners? so until we correct this wickedness we are doing to ourselves we will continue to suffer in this country called Nigeria. Nairaland is suppose to be a platform to unit youths in this nation and not to divide us.
Nairaland should be a platform for conscientious deliberation, but it saddens one's hearth to note that ethnic machinations always takes the front burner.
The oppressors are always united when they want to share our common patrimony. But the oppressed are often divided when its time to hold them accountable.
Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by citizenjuwon(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
roolnaado:
Nigerians will get angry in 2019

After 2019, you will repeat the trend by 2023.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: When Will Nigerians Get Angry? by roolnaado(m): 8:07am On Nov 30, 2016
citizenjuwon:

After 2019, you will repeat the trend by 2023.

The shortcomings of democracy, I think Nigeria should have midterm elections to keep government on its toes.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Youth Forum (NYF) / Why Obasanjo Walked Out Of Police Event In Lagos: Full Details. / Sahara : Buhari Appointed DG Of NTDC Folorunso Coke A Panama Paper Fraudster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.