Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland (3953 Views)

Car Dealers Can Still Make Money In This Lockdown Period!!! Check It Out / Some Things Car Dealers Do Not Tell Their Prospective Customers. / Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Trash. I didn't bad mouth you. You created a wailing thread and you deserved to be taught that such nonsense you posted here shouldn't go unchallenged.

Did you see me ask for clients here? People know me very well here and I don't need any advertisement to get clients.

You created a thread because you couldn't afford to buy a Lexus when you visited a dealership. Stop blaming car dealers. If your budget can only buy you a 1998 Toyota Corolla, why don't you go for that instead of trying to buy Lexus? Get a better job that can get you enough money to buy a Lexus.
Guy would u stop stroking out my post. It's kinds silly. Plus u sound pained. Wats Ur deal. Did I spoil Ur market. Maybe I did(lol) . Wats d deal with I can't buy a car. It's that how u think. Poor guy. Who told u I don't have one or is it because am replying u here on nairaland or u even c me here at all. Na wa. C wat nairaland has caused.
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by calculusx(m): 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
I saw this thread this morning, couldn't help than to ignore it. Some people are yet to wake up to reality on ground.

Let's watch and see how $1 will skyrocket to #500 before Dec 10. Not my prayer though but we have to face reality on ground. Only GOD knows how we got here sef

@ OP, if things continue this way, with your money you may not even get to see a vehicle to buy because right now,cars are very scarce,demand far outweigh supply

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
calculusx:
I saw this thread this morning, couldn't help than to ignore it. Some people are yet to wake up to reality on ground.

Let's watch and see how $1 will skyrocket to #500 before Dec 10. Not my prayer though but we have to face reality on ground. Only GOD knows how we got here sef

@ OP, if things continue this way, with your money you may not even get to see a vehicle to buy because right now,cars are very scarce,demand far outweigh supply
I understand bro. We just pray. Nd why do u think I don't have a car (s) .
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by calculusx(m): 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
OneTruePrince:

I understand bro. We just pray. Nd why do u think I don't have a car (s) .

I mean the new on u r abt to Purchase. We too dey pray in this Country. We pray more than Pope grin. We pray soo teee some people stole our commonwealth with $15m in their account grin grin
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by FastShipping: 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
[s]
OneTruePrince:

Guy would u stop stroking out my post. It's kinds silly. Plus u sound pained. Wats Ur deal. Did I spoil Ur market. Maybe I did(lol) . Wats d deal with I can't buy a car. It's that how u think. Poor guy. Who told u I don't have one or is it because am replying u here on nairaland or u even c me here at all. Na wa. C wat nairaland has caused.
[/s]

Go sleep and sin no more. wink

grin grin
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Fast shipping u have been humiliated.. Forget wat I posted biko. Do not let it bother u.
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Go sleep and sin no more. wink

grin grin
Am ashamed. U can quit Ur job u know. If its no longer paying well. Not everyone is a mugu.
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
calculusx:

I mean the new on u r abt to Purchase. We too dey pray in this Country. We pray pass Pope grin. We pray soo teee some people have $15m in their account grin grin
I
God will provide for us as always. We will buy better rides by his Grace
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by FastShipping: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
OneTruePrince:
I
God will provide for us as always. We will buy better rides by his Grace

Go and work hard and stop bringing God into this conversation.

Go for 1998 Toyota Corolla for now till you are able to make good money.

Cut your coat according to your size.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
FastShipping:

Go and work hard and stop bringing God into this conversation.

Go for 1998 Toyota Corolla for now till you are able to make good money.

Cut your coat according to your size.
Lol.. U are quoting my post to others. U must be crazy or something. Are u on drugs. U talk like a dull person. Wat am I saying, u are dull.
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by FastShipping: 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
[s]
OneTruePrince:

Lol.. U are quoting my post to others. U must be crazy or something. Are u on drugs. U talk like a dull person. Wat am I saying, u are dull.
[/s]

Delusional little boy you are.

Find a mat and get some sleep.

Arindin.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by LagosismyHome(f): 3:11am On Nov 30, 2016
OneTruePrince:

U just want to prove Ur nonsense increase in the price of cars. Wicked extorters. Everybody wants to rob others

that calculation is right even before profit.....i recently bought a car and shipped it not as a dealer but on my own for personal use ....... with clearing fees and all i see why cars will be so expensive as the full cost of buying and bringing to Nigeria is ridiculous . the value of the dollar plus clearing cost is not funny

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 30, 2016
LagosismyHome:

that calculation is right even before profit.....i recently bought a car and shipped it not as a dealer but on my own for personal use ....... with clearing fees and all i see why cars will be so expensive as the full cost of buying and bringing to Nigeria is ridiculous . the value of the dollar plus clearing cost is not funny
Sister I get it.. Bt dat Bros wanted to prove rubbish
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Delusional little boy you are.

Find a mat and get some sleep.

Arindin.
Guy u have no sense of humor.. U came in which so much hostility.. Maybe it's Ur mentality.. Either way u have been melted.. I wish u happy sale in Ur now ruined biz
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by FastShipping: 5:54am On Feb 26, 2017
Revived.

The creator of this thread ran away by deactivating his moniker after I broke him down with facts. Most dealer are not greedy. Dealers can't eat or drive their cars themselves. They are in business to sell fast and not to hold on to cars forever. If you can't afford to pay for car of your choice, don't blame dealers for your inability to come up with enough money to buy car. It means you should work a lot harder to buy car of your choice or buy what your money can afford. You don't go to car dealership with money capable of getting you 2001 Corolla and be expecting to go home with 2007 Camry.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by FastShipping: 6:11am On Feb 26, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Dominque, pls move this to the front page so we can discuss this issue extensively. It's worth to be debated on.

Too many misconception about car dealers out there that people need to be educated about.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by jd1986(m): 7:38am On Feb 26, 2017
FastShipping:
[s]Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Dominque, pls move this to the front page so we can discuss this issue extensively. It's worth to be debated on.

Too many misconception about car dealers out there that people need to be educated about[/s].
psychological view...YOU CANT BE TRUSTED! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by FastShipping: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
jd1986:

psychological view...YOU CANT BE TRUSTED! grin grin

I don't need your trust. Just find a better job that pays enough before going into car market.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by tripoli007(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
Philadelphia:
With all these said, how much can I get a clean and sound used car big daddy. My budget is 600k. Please advice.
Thanks

You cant even get a sound Nigerian used pencil light for that amount

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
valarinz:
Nigerians and wahala, if someone puts up this prices you say the dealers gave you, you'll still keep coming here to price peanuts, of course it's the Internet and it's free

The point of nairaland/Internet adverts is to let you know there's a car at a certain place which you might not have known if not for the online broadcast, that someone puts a car for sale for 5m here doesn't mean you'll buy the car for 5m if you're serious.

Serious buyers don't stay online and throw tantrum, they call and go for physical inspection and in most cases buy the car if it's good at a reasonable price too, forget what you see being quoted here most times

That being said, you can easily spot the third party agents who overload all their problems on someone's car by the ridiculous amount of money usually tagged on their ads and avoid, for the more realistic ones, if you're serious then call, go for inspection and bargain

Nairalander/Nigerians too dey price and if I want to sell a car for say, 1m, I won't advertise it for 1m cos they'll keep pricing ridiculously as if it's a stolen car, I'll usually place it at say, 1.2m or so, if you're the pricing type, after all your pricing/bargaining skills, you'll still land at my preferred price of 1m, it's simple logic which we all practice in our daily lives, why will it be different on car sales

Why do people keep saying Nigerians like to price.

Its done everywhere even in the US. If I don't go to a delearship to buy a car in the US, I have the liberty to negotiate with you if you are a cottage seller. It happens everywhere.

People should stop stereotyping like its a Nigerian thing. No its not.
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by calculusx(m): 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Why do people keep saying Nigerians like to price.

Its done everywhere even in the US. If I don't go to a delearship to buy a car in the US, I have the liberty to negotiate with you if you are a cottage seller. It happens everywhere.

People should stop stereotyping like its a Nigerian thing. No its not.

Not in all Cases in USA. Aside their advertised price which in most cases are not negotiable, there are still other hidden fees like (sales tax, Internet fee, buyer fee and so many other fees) to be paid bt reverse is the Case here in 9ja.
I'v tried it many times by stating clearly on my adverts that price isn't negotiable, but trust my people, it's in our blood. Last Price, Last Last Price , Rock bottom Price, is that the last grin grin
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by bigcil2(m): 11:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
Check this post out , the first is my question and the second is the dealers reply.

bigcil2:
Kilode. Why would you want to sell a matrix 05 for over 2m. Why are Nigerian business men so so greedy. Must you make a 700k profit in just one vehicle? ?

tysa:
Well, i'll cease to make my expression hitchy like u've done..like i stated,it's negotiable but u shouldnt go ahead to usea wrong word to make urself known.
And i must say u are trapped in the walls of myopia to have said i'm making 700k from this. Moreover,as an investor i can always determine my ROI on my investment,not by a 3Rd party...anyway, i drop the pads at this juncture

I thank God for the Op bringing This topic up
Re: Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2017
calculusx:

Not in all Cases in USA. Aside their advertised price which in most cases are not negotiable, there are still other hidden fees like (sales tax, Internet fee, buyer fee and so many other fees) to be paid bt reverse is the Case here in 9ja.
I'v tried it many times by stating clearly on my adverts that price isn't negotiable, but trust my people, it's in our blood. Last Price, Last Last Price , Rock bottom Price, is that the last grin grin

It is also not in all cases that prices are negotiable in Nigeria.

Its a 2 way thing. Nigerians realize that sellers mark up their prices outrageously so they try to get a good deal by bargaining. How do you explain going into a boutiques for instance and a piece of item that shouldnt cost more than 5000 is priced at 25000. After bargaining you end up buying it at 6000. How do you explain that. Which means if the buyer had not bargained he would have been cheated of all that money.
When people enter into formal stores they dont bargain cos they know the price is fixed. You go to an informal store setting in the US and see which one is worse. Their own negotiating skill is even off the roof. After pricing downwards they would even tell you that they want to take x amount for a far more reduced price.

You wey dey complain sef you no dey price. I sure say na your own gan go bad pass.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2011 Lexus RX 350 Silver Color / Sold. Sold. Sold. Reg. Toyota Corolla 09 For Sale @1.2m / Grade A Toyota Corolla 2014 Model With Custom Paper And Reverse Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.