Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS (29579 Views)

Enough Is Enough: A Letter From Mohammed Zakzaky, Son Of Shiite Leader, Zakzaky / Burial Of Shiite Member Shot Dead By Police In Kano Yesterday (Photos) / Kaduna Youths Drag Body Of Shiite Member Through Refuse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by ItsawrapOutfit: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
I reserve my comment
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by elopee3000(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
okay
northern nigeria i see trouble by the time northern nigeria unleash what they re planning i hope nigeria will not turn to somalia or yemen northerners leave SE to be on thier own u people refused ok allow us to farm on our land u people refused ok create islamic north and ve arewanistan as a country u people refused what else do u people went from we SE ? angry

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by buffalowings: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
I smell another boko haram brewing

God just let them restrict it to that side grin
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by buffalowings: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
saaedlee:
Please two of my goats are missing... One called endihno and the other dwinmason... Who has seen them? They like arguing blindly!

Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by oweman: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=Zendinho post=51484206]GEJ must be a prophet
By looting Nigeria with his cronies and wife !
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by Onyocha: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
This is very commendable by the police commissioner of sokoto.

All the bloodshed against the Shia up north is not needed and can be avoided if there is channel of communication between the security agencies and citizens. For peace to reign it's not always about force.

The Sunnis and Shia have long lived in peace. The problem is Wahhabis among Sunnis who insist on declaring the Shia as heretics. Thus many would suspect foreign (Saudi Wahhabi) influence going by the magnitude of force that dealt with the Shia since last year.

Nigeria is for all Nigerians regardless of their creed. Therefore this visit is commendable and let's hope to see more of its kind. This commissioner is a good person going by this move. Building bridges and peace making are good thing in the country. Bloodshed justified or not is a bad thing and stinks of backwardness and retrogression.

I see nothing so complicated in this Shia brouhaha that cannot be peacefully resolved without bloodshed. Before the 2015 elections, El Rufai himself visited Zakzaky in his house. I don't understand why El Rufai couldn't have made a repeat visit after the election to avert misunderstanding and bloodshed.
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by Leez(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
Today, 29/11/16 the Sokoto state police commissioner arrived at the residence of Sheikh Qasim Umar, a leading member of The Islamic Movement, ostensibly on a fact finding mission.

The Police Commissioner told the Sheikh that he was was at the centre to verify security reports reaching him that Shiites will hold a "Grand African Shi'ah Congress" in Sokoto, which according to him, might cause a breach of the peace in the state.

Sheikh Qasim commended the Police Commissioner for setting a record of coming personally to verify the security report. He however denied knowledge of any Shi'a conference in Sokoto, stating that "I am hearing about it now from you for the first time."

Sheikh Qasim recounted to the Police Commissioner, how IMN members have previously been victims of police brutality in the state, adding that "we are still awaiting the payment of compensation by the state government after the courts discharged and acquitted us of all charges and awarded us compensation for damages done to us."

The Police Commissioner left the residence evidently satisfied with what he saw by himself concerning the Sheikh and the IMN.

Earlier on, the news of the intended visit by the Commissioner was met with apprehension by IMN members, as it was coming berely two days after Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai paid a condolence visit to Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal at the Government House, where he used the occasion to announce the establishment of a new Army Division in Sokoto to enhance security in the zone.

SIGNED BY
IBRAHIM MUSA
PRESIDENT MEDIA FORUM OF IMN
29/11/16

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/apprehension-as-sokoto-police.html
grin
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by hbs85: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Intelligent moves
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by shinaking: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Zendinho:
GEJ must be a prophet.

Prophet ko I think you want to say toddler
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by adedehinbo(m): 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Zendinho:
GEJ must be a prophet.
u mean a fake prophet right?
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by Omeokachie: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
What is Buhari's priority as president of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by Edwinmason(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
fathomberry:

2 of your are high
zendiho is high on ukani weed
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by juman(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
Sai Sheikh Qasim!

Sai Sheikh Zakzaky!!

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by greenermodels: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
whether we like it or not, the only solution to Nigeria's problem is dissolution of the union. atleast arewanistan would be a Sunni Muslim country where the minority Muslims and Christians would know the existing conditions and behave accordingly
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by lereinter(m): 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Zendinho:
GEJ must be a prophet.
prophet of doom....
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by ganye1: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
Guyman02:
Sunni Vs Shiite war has entered Naija. Under GEJ they were together as 'Muslims', even El'Rufai went to campaign at their leaders house for votes, today he says they are banned in Kaduna State and are belligerents who dont recognize him as Gov and Buhari as President after using their votes to help get rid of Jonathan (a man who never persecuted them during his tenure). Now their fellow Muslim brother has killed thousands of them in just one year and threatening to unleash more violence on them with their members detained without trial.

This is what I think of the 2 sects
To set the records straight during GEJ the army attacked them and a number of them were killed, including El-Zakzaky's three children.
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by crosbreaka: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
ganye1:

To set the records straight during GEJ the army attacked them and a number of them were killed, including El-Zakzaky's three children.

And Jonathan personally telephoned Zakzaky to apologize for the incident and Zakzaky rejected the apology. El rufai went online to celebrate that Zakzaky rejected Jonathan's sorry. See below captions. Jonathan did not justify the incident in 2014 that happened because of road blockage.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by topzeezo: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hmmm..... Nigeria is now burning to Ashes under this brutality government.no freedom of religion..
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by greenermodels: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
crosbreaka:

And Jonathan personally telephoned Zakzaky to apologize for the incident and Zakzaky rejected the apology. El rufai went online to celebrate that Zakzaky rejected Jonathan's sorry. See below captions. Jonathan did not justify the incident in 2014 that happened because of road blockage.
it would be great if you open a thread on this attached pictures,the Nigerian army has always been Sunni witha murderous approach to other sects especially the shias who are heavily present in the north and expanding rapidly(shia is actually newly introduced into Nigeria but spreading quickly). all of them were against Jonathan yet he humbled himself in ways that no other president would to accommodate all and ultimately sacrificed his second tenure ambition to avoid widespread bloodshed. he has his faults but he's a humanist.
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by ganye1: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
crosbreaka:

Does it change the fact that 34 of his followers including 3 of his sons were murdered during Jonathan's regime? My point is that these people have been at the receiving end of injustice from the Nigerian governments.
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by toshmann(m): 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
Guyman02:
Sunni Vs Shiite war has entered Naija. Under GEJ they were together as 'Muslims', even El'Rufai went to campaign at their leaders house for votes, today he says they are banned in Kaduna State and are belligerents who dont recognize him as Gov and Buhari as President after using their votes to help get rid of Jonathan (a man who never persecuted them during his tenure). Now their fellow Muslim brother has killed thousands of them in just one year and threatening to unleash more violence on them with their members detained without trial.

This is what I think of the 2 sects

If there is an election today, these same shia would still elect "another Buhari" than any sound xtian southerner. Sometimes i feel like saying "serves them right" but one thing stops me from doing so; if we don't cone together to fight against this apparent tyranny and unconstitutional harassment of free citizens, these agents of tyranny will turn to is after they have finished off the shias.

What is it about the Shias that is making the Buhari govt ill at ease? Can some sensible muslim who understands what is going on, and is not biased towards Buhari explain to me
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by Emassive(m): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Finish una self. 2019 will have only 1Million voters in all Nigerians with their right minds. The rest will battling with hunger by that time
Re: Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS by yarimo(m): 1:02am On Nov 30, 2016
BURATAI please over to you grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamawa Governorship Election Inconclusive – INEC / FG, US Discussing Extradition Of Abba Kyari Over Hushpuppi - Malami / North-West, South-West Lead As INEC Registers 96.2 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.