Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data (21341 Views)

Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / Airtel Complete List Of Data Plan, Bundles, Subscription Codes And Prices / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Realdeals(m): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
I think NCC overreacted to the cry of the small operators, I was discussing this issue with a friend about impending massive job loss in these small broadband operators. A customer service operator from Spectranet call me to ask why I did not resubscribe. I told her since GLO, MTN now offer 4G network at a cheaper rate and wider coverage, the lady just hung up.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by jolak5(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
"Food Increase" Nigerian youths might just Grumble.... But Data increment will lead to a lovely Youths Revolution.

Its Atiku 2019
If I may ask, how old are you? How long have you been around? Why would a youth that has nothing less than fifty years canvass for a man that would not be part of his future. What did atiku do during his time as d vice pres? He built a university from your tax and bought oil well all over the country and here you r using your myopic brain to shout Atiku2019. Can't we look before we leap for once. Critically analyse who is going to govern you and what plan he has for d future. Atiku20never

2 Likes

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by holluphemydavid(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
It's part of change agenda
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Atiku2019: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
jolak5:

If I may ask, how old are you? How long have you been around? Why would a youth that has nothing less than fifty years canvass for a man that would not be part of his future. What did atiku do during his time as d vice pres? He built a university from your tax and bought oil well all over the country and here you r using your myopic brain to shout Atiku2019. Can't we look before we leap for once. Critically analyse who is going to govern you and what plan he has for d future. Atiku20never

Stop using the word how old are you when mentioning someone. I Choose whoever I want to support same way you choose whoever you want to support. The last thing I'll ever do till I leave planet earth is to insult someone over his/her choice. We must not settle for the same Leader. If you have someone better support that person in Peace bro without Mentioning Me. Good Night. This is Nairaland always mention without insults.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by TEYA: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
"Food Increase" Nigerian youths might just Grumble.... But Data increment will lead to a lovely Youths Revolution.

Its Atiku 2019
STOP POSTING THIS STUPID MAN'S PICTURE, I WILL NEVER REGRET VOTING HIM OUT, I OPPOSE THE DATA HIKE PROPOSED THOUGH.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by youngjoy(f): 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
please beloved senators help us intervene ooooo abeg above all na dis hardship for pain me pass oooo

wic kin wahala we vote for like this.. God help us ooo
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Atiku2019: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
TEYA:

STOP POSTING THIS STUPID MAN'S PICTURE, I WILL NEVER REGRET VOTING HIM OUT, I OPPOSE THE DATA HIKE PROPOSED THOUGH.

Why are you against the data hike Bro? wink
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by MAKABBEY(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Laple0541:
Nigerian youth are damn too docile, half of what we encounter here has not happened elsewhere when everything were scattered! It's high time we took a revolutionary action.
my man, I beg tell me the plans, I am in.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by musicwriter(m): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nigerians, do not be fooled!!. This is all a game to protect the interest of the telecommunication companies. It is the telecommunication companies that increased pricing and disguised as if its not them.

This is how and why......................

You have to understand data price plunged across all the networks due to competetion, and it was even heading to free data offers, if they didn't do something about it. If the telcos didn't come up with this elaborate plan, data prices would've crashed to the point some networks would've started offering free internet by Christmas. The telcos must have held secrete meetings where they warned each other that if the principles of free-market is allowed to continue, the data competetion would force them to begin offering free internet to Nigerians. So, they simply made a U-turn to suffocate free-market.

Believe it or not, the telcos do not want data prices to be anymore cheaper than it is now.

And this is why Noam Chomsky argues that capitalism is anti-people and that there's really nothing like free-market, because what he calls "the principal architects of policy" (in this case the telecommunication companies) control governments, and therefore, always lobby a goverment to create favourable policies for them all the time. That's exactly what's going on here.

1 Like

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by eleko1: 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
why dem dey intervene? I don follow Aisha, I nor go support dis govt in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
project50:
Don't worry soon buhari will die
please that bastard should die please God may buhari die in jesus name amen

4 Likes

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by kechywillz(m): 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
What Buharis govt can offer to us is to take our Joy away and give us sorrows and groaning angry
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by TEYA: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:

ITS WRONG AND UNNECESSARY! iI VOTED BUHARI AND EXPECTED HIM TO STEER NIGERIA TO GREATNESS, I DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO GET EVERYTHING RIGHT, BUT I WANT TO SEE THE WILL POWER AND STRENGTH OF CHARACTER TO CLEAN THE MESS THAT NIGERIA HAS BECOME, SOME OF HIS CHOICES WILL NOT BE RIGHT AND I WILL ADMIT THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE I AM OBJECTIVE. NO PERFECT PRESIDENTS WORLDWIDE AND WE DONT NEED THAT, WE ONLY NEED THEM TO BE ABOVE AVERAGE. BUHARI IS ABOVE AVERAGE AND GOODLUCK IS NOT!
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by TEYA: 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:

ITS WRONG AND UNNECESSARY! I VOTED BUHARI AND EXPECTED HIM TO STEER NIGERIA TO GREATNESS, I DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO GET EVERYTHING RIGHT, BUT I WANT TO SEE THE WILL POWER AND STRENGTH OF CHARACTER TO CLEAN THE MESS THAT NIGERIA HAS BECOME, SOME OF HIS CHOICES WILL NOT BE RIGHT AND I WILL ADMIT THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE I AM OBJECTIVE. NO PERFECT PRESIDENTS WORLDWIDE AND WE DONT NEED THAT, WE ONLY NEED THEM TO BE ABOVE AVERAGE. BUHARI IS ABOVE AVERAGE AND GOODLUCK IS NOT!
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by eleko1: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
jolak5:

leave that one to continue with his noise/one man protest. ATIKU is wasting his time

1 Like

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
lai Mohammed said weeks ago that social media is their biggest worry, so this is their ploy to gag the ordinary Nigerian from airing their views
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by onatisi(m): 11:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
By the time that go at finish with us our neck go long like rope according to onatisi grin

Broda mi,you no dey forget things ooo.
Now I just dey observe and laugh.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by rio8484(m): 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
buhari was a confirmed mistake
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 30, 2016
The demonic nomad must be chegkmated & sent back to his cows in daura! #NEVER AGAIN will i vote an heartless oppressor!

1 Like

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 30, 2016
I've always tell people that some humans are WORSE WICKED than lucifer! e.g BUHARI!...cursed was the day i voted that demon!

1 Like

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by topemirates(m): 12:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Frankiss44:
The youth running back to the senators they hate with passion for help... Warri people say when army slap you na that time you go no say police na your friend.. Lol

True talk ojare
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Dare2Try(m): 12:41am On Nov 30, 2016
Nigeria youth are all gullible and coward, well lets see what our senate will do to help us for now I don't want to make the headlines
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by 989900D: 1:07am On Nov 30, 2016
If the figures flying around are anything close to the truth, then I must say:

Buhari's administration is clearly trying so hard to burn whatever is remaining of the trust the people have in it; aggressively advertising for a massive revolt and utter rejection with all these ill-thought-out stupidities.

ATEOTD, Buhari and his entourage are probably somewhere forgetting they are NOTHING without 'we the people', we revolted against 'almighty PDP' and left it in tatters, we will do it again.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by jojothaiv(m): 1:40am On Nov 30, 2016
All said and done...
I guess i will be offline for a very long time..
I have been breaking some sim cards lately, seems i might do that to MTN too..
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by jojothaiv(m): 1:41am On Nov 30, 2016
989900D:
If the figures flying around are anything close to the truth, then I must say:

Buhari's administration is clearly trying so hard to burn whatever is remaining of the trust the people have in it; aggressively advertising for a massive revolt and utter rejection with all these ill-thought-out stupidities.

ATEOTD, Buhari and his entourage are probably somewhere forgetting they are NOTHING without 'we the people', we revolted against 'almighty PDP' and left it in tatters, we will do it again.

We go dey watch wetin una go do this time..

Sleep dey my eyes, jare.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 30, 2016
I know it will definitely come to this. You support bad governance, hardship, disrespect to rule of law, you call fellow citizens wailers... Now your jagaban has been boxed to a corner, recession has catch up with you, hike in data plan lurking round the corner and you don't have a job, business or handiwork. All you do is shout Sai baba and jagaban...I bet your suffering has just started.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by nubanyguy1: 2:45am On Nov 30, 2016
Baby, bad APC
Rasmega:
APC bad cry sad angry embarassed
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by southernbelle(f): 3:11am On Nov 30, 2016
NCC has made Nigerians cry out to the very same people we've been crying out against.
Does this mean Buhari's government has no empathy for millions of Nigerians? Everyday, people are still struggling to meet up and survive in such a harsh economic environment and yet they still churn out unfavorable policies in an Oshiomole style: if you can't take it, go and die.
It's so unfortunate that our insensitive leaders have even more insensitive advisers. I still don't trust the senate to do anything about this though but I'll see.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by amhealed: 4:02am On Nov 30, 2016
The only way out now is for the Senate to impeach Buhari. Period

1 Like

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Let's tax our way out of recession; it only happens when you vote in someone who came only to enjoy what he missed out on as head of state. The biggest fvckers here is You, yes you reading this piece...you are gullible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 5G: Infinix Releases Its First 5G Phone Into Nigerian Market / Help! How Do I Delete Measure,cast Studio And Engriks On Android? / Infinix Unveils The Hot 8 device In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.