Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? (18877 Views)

10 Categories Of People That May Not Afford To Browse When Data Rates Increases / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by nmreports: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2016
It can't be that bad.
Worst case scenario NGN200 more.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by TVTKOKO(m): 7:04am On Nov 30, 2016
All these oversabies smh! Una wan buy data store abi The data no go finish?? So after e finish what would you do

Now, this is the problem with Nigerians and why we can't make progress! Instead of us to collectively find out solution to it,, you're now buying datas in advance as if it won't finish? Oh! How i love the whites. They would never accept such nonsense even though they have the money to pay. It would be protest upon protest!
In our own case now,, you can even see someone that can buy for the next five years just to show how buoyant they are

7 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2016
I use 1k for 3.2gb glo for daily surfing. while I do my heavy data usage with Airtel midnight browsing from 12am-5am .. now everything will be High and unaffordable huh undecided
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by theunmistakeabl: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2016
How can I prepare for what I don't know the price yet?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by duduade: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2016
The only source of our joy is been snatched from us..
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Adeoba10(m): 7:06am On Nov 30, 2016
Have Just Checked My Box, My Nokia E50 Is Still Intact. Am Back To Symbian Phone. Thunder Fire Buhari Regime

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Xionez(m): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2016
Same here. Did and done. Till July 2017.
On MTN.
Cant do it on Airtel. Dont want to hear that my accumulated gigs has expired just like that.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by cybriz82(m): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2016
edebemba:
We don't need to panic because l am certain that the NCC will soon reverse it's decision. When data sales begin to drop the telecommunication companies will start to complain to NCC because they have wages, taxes and contractors to pay. That is the major reason why the companies are giving out bonus and other mouth-watering promos to increase sales. So relax and pretend as if nothing is happening. NCC wants to test our reactions.

and when nairaland costomer begin to dey reduce nobody go tell dem mek dem go fight for us....

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by pofolo(m): 7:08am On Nov 30, 2016
data price increase will not happen......
quote me.....to say i said so
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by adebayosun02: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2016
We need to upturn this proposed crazy dev/policy from our govt
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2016
Guys pls don't let us keep mute, let's begin to call NCC to let them know, increment of data price isn't a welcomed idea, we don't want it. Pls start calling now 622, its a toll free line. This is recession period, we can't withstand this. #We no go gree.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by profhezekiah: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
I suggest we fight against d dullard n his useless policy,d man is a curse to nigeria now I knw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Wadosky(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:

But their network is crap. That is what people say.

Never used glo or airtel before
after dec 1,their will be less traffic.you will be surprised how fast the network will be.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by yaki84: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:
It is no longer news to us that from dec 1 the prices of data bundles will increase. This is saddening because we all know how important cheap and affordable data is to our daily lives,buisnesses,relationships,research work and school assignments etc.

The essesnce of this thread is to find out how we have been preparing for this new prices. I have been preparing too. I am not a heavy data user and my favourite network is MTN just because it is reliable. Normally i subscribe the #1000 for 1.5Gb monthly and i use it all month. But with the advent of this new prices,i have been forced to load #5000 airtime and subscribed five times subsequently. If i use my data the way i normally do plus other things i will do to my uc browser like stting my images to low and even putting them off at times,i wont need to sub again till May next year. That is how i have been preparing oo.

So share with us your preparations so that others can learn too and do one or two things. 500mb for #1000 is nonsense
no be small preparation we dey do o, my mama don cook rice n stew sef.
Me ayaf iron my old suit n polish my new (comod) shoe.
Infact d preparation is inline with the current recession.
Everything is done kajadly kajadly.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by redsceptic: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
Now I know Nigerian youth are mainly stupid. The government wants to f __k you over with obscene data rates and someone is asking "How are you preparing?"

There is a good article here on what to do https://www.nairaland.com/3492406

Nigerian youth should act and stop doing mumu.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Billygee2u: 7:13am On Nov 30, 2016
any zombie who has complained or will complain,I am forced to say ,may they never know peace ....
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by purem(m): 7:13am On Nov 30, 2016
Nace5:
just praying Airtel keeps Their Free Basics

DAT all I wanted 2 and their 3gb for #1500

Notin consign wit mtn
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by cybriz82(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2016
shey na browsin i go chop? i go switch to ps4 to kip myself busy na.mek dem kuma come collect our phones join.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by jamalchance(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2016
wait i subscribed to the glo 1k for 3.2GB about a week ago and i havent exhausted it... if i subscribe again 2day would it be added to my existing GB ?
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by DJBIGGY(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2016
Ahhhhhhaps! only thing i would do is go offline and hope to God one cheat comes up. But i already subbed glo 3k for 12gb to last till february. lol! lipsrsealed
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by kayzat: 7:22am On Nov 30, 2016
serikiYCU:
It will not work, we must resist any form of data increment.

I think the main reason for the increment is to the no of people on social media especially the youths.

I foresee the return of cheats and guys will go back to the drawing boards .
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Xionez(m): 7:23am On Nov 30, 2016
All those who built up their fortunes using subscriber base like notjustok, LIB etc etc will see a steady fall in webpage views.

It will be pre-2010 all over again.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by godwin120alex: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2016
No big deal the way we accepted the increase in pump price of fuel and we were happy that the change govt introduced it. So no protest no complain

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by NevetsIbot(m): 7:26am On Nov 30, 2016
airtel freebasics has me on this one
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by buchilino(m): 7:26am On Nov 30, 2016
honourhim:
The increase has its advantage and disadvantage here. It will reduce the number of useless threads here. But on the other hand it will reduce patronage in online business.

For me, whether the price is high or low it will not affect my internet usage. I know FG did this as a control measure to Nigeria's internet users who abuse every opportunity available to them. At least people will stop posting useless pictures and comments in nairaland, facebook and other forums.

Person go climb tree snap and post on facebook. Another one go enter toilet snap and post on nairaland. Another one go hang on window snap and post here. Arrant nonsense.

I AGREE WITH U 2 SOME EXTENT. IF IT'S TRUE D USELESS FG R DOING DIS DELIBERATELY. THEN THEY SHOULD B ASHAME OF THEMSELVES. MISS PRIORITIES.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by zicoraads: 7:27am On Nov 30, 2016
I want to resell the new Android device I just got sad angry

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by kayzat: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2016
Xionez:
Same here. Did and done. Till July 2017.
On MTN.
Cant do it on Airtel. Dont want to hear that my accumulated gigs has expired just like that.

abeg teach me how its done. As in the prices and how to subscribe for it.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by SailorXY: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2016
Shatap & enjoy your change abegi!! No be una dey carry Sai Baba like gala for head??

Sai Baba till 2034!!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by MayhorE(m): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2016
those bunch of thieves are trying to stop us from using social media against them because they know that all there doings are wrong, I just pray that God should punish them if they try to punish us
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2016
First of all, I don't use MTN, secondly my data budget is 3k max, monthly and again WiFi is around me. I would only have issues if it has surpassed my budget.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reverse Airtime Back To my Bank Account, I Want To Sue MTN / Share Your Glo Free Data Day Experience Screenshots (photos) / Nokia 1202-2 Security Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.