Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? (19017 Views)

10 Categories Of People That May Not Afford To Browse When Data Rates Increases / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2016
Those of you who have data that'll last for months.. .. Send us the codes!! cry embarassed
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2016
If they like let them charge #1,000 /MB, I must always be online. Other countries are giving free data and creating free Wi-Fi zones to the citizens but our 'leaders' want to indirectly block online criticisms of their incompetence and cluelessness.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2016
bestspoke:

same here...bought 10gb for 5k....any idea of the new pricing?
It seems the regulatory body is still silent on the new pricing. Inasmuch as they may be looking for newer ways to generate some income, some things should just be left affordable for the masses at this time. Let's hope it won't be much a difference. If it is, I will just cut off streaming and downloading heavy files from my list
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by flistyl(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2016
Nace5:
just praying Airtel keeps Their Free Basics

i tell you the next thing na airtel freebasic

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by TVTKOKO(m): 8:36am On Nov 30, 2016
TrueHeart365:
typical Nigerians. you are already planning on how to cope with another suffering.

there's something seriously wrong with us in this God forsaken hellhole.

this is why this clueless nomad will continue to use us for lab pigs for his inhumane and wicked policies.

enjoy your sufferungs o ye unserious youths cos you are about to lose your freedom
as in eh,, the tin tire me.
Trust Nigerians, anything to show superiority!!!
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Segadem(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2016
Wadosky:

after dec 1,their will be less traffic.you will be surprised how fast the network will be.
hmmmm, I think this is Nigerians mentality, in China there are over 500 million internet users with video calling, Skype streaming without any congestion, u whey never reach 150 millions users dhey complain about congestion
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Prechy08(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2016
Will buy my airtel #1500 for 6gb and manage it very well till January 1st atleast, it a BlackBerry plan but works on Android ios
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Tobitrueman(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2016
honourhim:
The increase has its advantage and disadvantage here. It will reduce the number of useless threads here. But on the other hand it will reduce patronage in online business.

For me, whether the price is high or low it will not affect my internet usage. I know FG did this as a control measure to Nigeria's internet users who abuse every opportunity available to them. At least people will stop posting useless pictures and comments in nairaland, facebook and other forums.

Person go climb tree snap and post on facebook. Another one go enter toilet snap and post on nairaland. Another one go hang on window snap and post here. Arrant nonsense.

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Dare2Try(m): 8:43am On Nov 30, 2016
Yes the change is real APC well-done
Fuel - #145
Rice - #20k
Electricity tarrif a no go area
School fee a no no
Data subscription #3k
and yet salary remains #18k minimum wage
by the time the change is 80% loaded then the gullible and coward youth of Nigeria will wake up from their slumber
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by KealDrogo: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2016
Strongbest:
Why? Are you truly expecting it to happen?

You see, we just can't stand our ground and say no. We are already feeling defeated.

This is why these people will keep hitting us from every angle until there's no breath left in us.

Because they know the worst you all can do is come online and make a hell of noise and thereafter withdraw into your shells.

In my own opinion, this thread is totally uncalled for. It's not going to happen.

Join us here and thank me later:

www.nairaland.com/1798724/
Bro, you said it all. I begin to wonder what the op and the people that reason like him are up to Even suggesting to do subscription 5 times a day with N5000, just imagine the madness
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Itoro350(m): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2016
kekakuz:
[size=30pt] I give up on this change[/size] But wait o. Nobody said three would be a price hike. What if it's a reduction Let's wait and see
Reduction = increase??
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by alizma: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2016
edebemba:
We don't need to panic because l am certain that the NCC will soon reverse it's decision. When data sales begin to drop the telecommunication companies will start to complain to NCC because they have wages, taxes and contractors to pay. That is the major reason why the companies are giving out bonus and other mouth-watering promos to increase sales. So relax and pretend as if nothing is happening. NCC wants to test our reactions.
I think you are wrong somehow. if data rate is increased by over 100% and subscription rate drops by about 20 to 30%, they are not going to bring down the price.
you think they just wake up over night and come up with the plan abi? though I am yet to support or kick against the idea because I am not through with my investigation on its cost and benefits but I believe the proponent of this idea have done that.
most of the online shops sell higher than the rd side shops, majority of the most visited sites online has not positive impact on the society no in those who visit those site etc.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by usman15gmail: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2016
I just called NCC on their toll free number 622 to complain I I was told this whole news is a lie that NCC didn't approve any of such about data increase. So this is all rumors you can confirm yourselves
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:

Normally i subscribe the #1000 for 1.5Gb monthly and i use it all month. But with the advent of this new prices,i have been forced to load #5000 airtime and subscribed five times subsequently........

i wont need to sub again till May next year.

How is that possible
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Ubiman(m): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2016
honourhim:
The increase has its advantage and disadvantage here. It will reduce the number of useless threads here. But on the other hand it will reduce patronage in online business.

For me, whether the price is high or low it will not affect my internet usage. I know FG did this as a control measure to Nigeria's internet users who abuse every opportunity available to them. At least people will stop posting useless pictures and comments in nairaland, facebook and other forums.

Person go climb tree snap and post on facebook. Another one go enter toilet snap and post on nairaland. Another one go hang on window snap and post here. Arrant nonsense.

Is freedom of speech and expression and access to the internet to use as one deems fit a right or a privilege? You need help. Seriously! It's people like you that vote bad people into government...
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by simtosul: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2016
Meanwhile I av subscribe ahead their data increase using mtn pulse of #500 for 1 gig after loading #5,500. Before February next year I wil av money for another subscription

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by McDoe(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=ThatIgboBoy post=51493971]

But their network is crap. That is what people say.

Never used glo or airtel before

Aitel is fantastic
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by amnesty7: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:

But their network is crap. That is what people say.
Never used glo or airtel before
Glo is a big time crap I tell u. I had to break the sim, in fact.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Alexdon200089: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2016
grin grin
Basildvalour:
Do 1 year GLO sub tomorrow. 11k
grin grin angry grin grin grin..very very funny!
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by somadinho10: 9:21am On Nov 30, 2016
purem:

DAT all I wanted 2 and their 3gb for #1500

Notin consign wit mtn

pls what the code for the 1500 own
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:26am On Nov 30, 2016
data resellers prayer hv bn answered
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by An0nimus: 9:31am On Nov 30, 2016
So far so good, only TechCabal has given another angle to this data increase episode. And I kind of tow their line of thought.

Newer entrants and smaller businesses are dying because of this competition. There is no way Spectranet can compete with Glo when the latter now has same 4G and sells data dirt cheap. According to TC, NCC even issued a caveat earlier that it could pull a trick like this when competition starts killing smaller firms. It's likely someone complained to NCC to step in and create a level playing field.

It's inevitable that if data prices are left to market forces, a couple companies will fold. While I feel for them, I'm considering the greater positives of more internet penetration. Either way, let's all blame Buhari for this.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by ibawon(m): 9:46am On Nov 30, 2016
Buying 3 months of Data from MTN Today
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by purem(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2016
somadinho10:
pls what the code for the 1500 own

*435# press 2

it's actually 4 BB but usable on all devices
Am using it on ma android fone
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by chi074(m): 9:52am On Nov 30, 2016
me I don add to my data now now.... na till January be DAT...
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by eezomatic: 9:55am On Nov 30, 2016
MtN,10g for 5000 naira

emmieaddiz:

Which network? How? How much? sad
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 30, 2016
I prefer Using an ISP that is only an ISP to avoid stories that touch i buy the minimum from networks because they Nickle and dime alot and it jusy runs like a tap. If you can use a modem you will save
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by ephi123(f): 10:03am On Nov 30, 2016
honourhim:

So that's sufficient reason to try and restrict a country's internet usage? We should simply just run a Communist + Military government combined in that case undecided
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Obiwiz(m): 10:03am On Nov 30, 2016
kekakuz:
[size=30pt] I give up on this change[/size] But wait o. Nobody said three would be a price hike. What if it's a reduction Let's wait and see
Reduction? Under apc government? Impossible
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Kazrem(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Jarus:
Normally renews my data 1st day of the month. Current one to auto-renew tomorrow.

Quickly renewed it this morning, 1 day in advance.
Exactly what I want to do only that I renew every 3rd of new. The dilemma now is that money to renew today is incomplete.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 30, 2016
this thing will only make people do panic buying of data which will mean more profit for the telcos. the tariff might not change at the end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hw 2 Suscribe For 25MB & 50MB Day Plan Wit Just #150 & #200 On MTN.. / Border Closure: Telecom Operators Warn Of Network Disruptions / 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.