Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget (15107 Views)

2017 Budget: Nigeria Is In Big Trouble – Minister Of Power, Fashola Says / Lagos Presents Biggest Ever Budget Proposed By A Nigerian State / Ambode Presents N813bn 2017 Appropriation Bill To Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by Smooyis(m): 9:43am On Nov 30, 2016
SIRmanjar:
If I carry u go lagos u must luv LAGOZI oooh.
Lagos the only west African mega city.The envy of the yiboz.The city that mentor other city.The city that makes ancient kano look like a refuge site whenever dem wanna measure up.The city that makes aba,porth,onitsha,uyo joined togther look like a pig houz.Haters if Im dey pain una make una do danger roll enter lagoon.

Am so disgusted with this kind of write up. Why do we love to fan the embers of tribalism and hatred? Nigeria cannot progress with this kind of attitude. shocked
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 30, 2016
i hope they are not playing with debt sha
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by Lyoncrescent: 10:27am On Nov 30, 2016
lharstborn:
I believe JUSTRITE is building a mega shopping mall in Ikorodu..at Ogolonto junction. Watch out for this franchise, they might just blow out Shoprite, SPAR etc out of the water in the coming years. And the ideal part is that it is solely owned by a Nigerian.

Yes you are right. I hope just rite opens in time for Christmas. We still need a mall though so that Ikorodu people can go to cinemas in Ikorodu and eat pizza.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by yomexp(m): 10:36am On Nov 30, 2016
kayzat:

I set my goals and objectives in
accordance with my vision. I study them and
strategically execute them. My detractors
discuss my successes and failures because
they have nothing to execute. --- Asiwaju
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
copied
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by mindtricks: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2016
Always good on paper as usual?

Will the cursed masses ever really benefit from all this?
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by omonnakoda: 11:01am On Nov 30, 2016
Lyoncrescent:

Yes you are right. I hope just rite opens in time for Christmas. We still need a mall though so that Ikorodu people can go to cinemas in Ikorodu and eat pizza.
Ijebus do not eat cheese

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by yedidiah(m): 11:14am On Nov 30, 2016
na wa o. I remember when this was the budget of the entire country embarassed
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by KevinDein: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2016
SIRmanjar:
If I carry u go lagos u must luv LAGOZI oooh.
Lagos the only west African mega city.The envy of the yiboz.The city that mentor other city.The city that makes ancient kano look like a refuge site whenever dem wanna measure up.The city that makes aba,porth,onitsha,uyo joined togther look like a pig houz.Haters if Im dey pain una make una do danger roll enter lagoon.
I live and work in Lagos but I genuinely wish I can get a transfer to any of the other states you mentioned.

I hate Lagos . I hate it smell. I hate the traffic. I hate everything about it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by 989900D: 11:57am On Nov 30, 2016
Giving the key components of the budget, Governor Ambode said recurrent expenditure would gulp N300. 535 billion while N512.464 billion would be dedicated to capital expenditure, representing a Capital/Recurrent ratio of 63 percent to 37 percent.

Shame on Nigeria.

Recurrent almost 90% at some time, with 10% for capital.
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by austin360: 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nice one emerging Africa tiger bigger than many African countries budget.
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by SIRmanjar(m): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
KevinDein:
I live and work in Lagos but I genuinely wish I can get a transfer to any of the other states you mentioned.

I hate Lagos . I hate it smell. I hate the traffic. I hate everything about it

Guy kindly Lesign ad LeLOcate to kano,onitsha or Nnewi now the land flowing wit milk ad honey.no be only tranfer na western union transfer.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by KevinDein: 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
SIRmanjar:

Guy kindly Lesign ad LeLOcate to kano,onitsha or Nnewi now the land flowing wit milk ad honey.no be only tranfer na western union transfer.
yeah.
I'm actually thinking of transferring or even resigning.
Anything to get me outta this hell hole called Lagos
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by Josmila(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
oduastates:
How is he going to raise such a sum ?

This goes to show a lot of people don't read beyond headlines, they stop at the very catchy headlines. Laziness to reading has become the order of the day among the youths of today. Shameful!

Now take your lazy a$$ back to the news and READ the entire thing. Your answer lies therein.
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by ificatchmodeh: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
CriminalIkedi:
[s][/s]

Enemy of progress. You are only good at insulting Tinubu and the Yoruba people. You will just die of enviness over nothing.

Dayo.. you're wasting your time.. on. Nairaland..

I've told you... you can hide from nairaland but can't hide from the law.

And when it finally gets to you..won't be funny you know.

I know your house, your office..your mother and siblings.. every information I need about you I ve got it..

You think your smart..from princeikedi to criminal ikedi..you have to proof that..

You come online to blackmail me and detroy my reputations.
I've got your pics..2verything..

Or you think I don't you're the one all the while I chat with you?

No worry.... you will oon understand..what blackmailing and libel is all about.

Otunba is. Fully aware of this.. so believe me..
Arresting you won't be that difficult..

So keep playing..

I ve all evidence I need.

You can't Bleep with everyone aand go free..not person like me.

You choose the wrong man.
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by ironMind: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ambode she is accountant. So she is sabi what she is talk in the budget
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by SIRmanjar(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
KevinDein:
yeah.
I'm actually thinking of transferring or even resigning.
Anything to get me outta this hell hole called Lagos
Pls post ur tranfer letta or resignation letta here when u do so.Tankz

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by ificatchmodeh: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
CriminalIkedi:
[s][/s]

Enemy of progress. You are only good at insulting Tinubu and the Yoruba people. You will just die of enviness over nothing.

Bbe the strong man.. you dreamt to me.. don't chicken out..please..

Am pleading..

More of your slander and. Talks..just don't stop keep it coming..

You don run from Whatsapp..please no run from nairaland or deactivate your account.

Will plead with mods to allow you..
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by shamecurls(m): 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
2n2k:

And it is the same Obiano that Nigeria government (that is more informed than you) relies upon to make Nigeria net exporter of rice in 2017.

Uncle, You can LIE!

Can you share source of your information?
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by 2n2k(m): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
shamecurls:

Uncle, You can LIE!

Can you share source of your information?

http://punchng.com/nigeriall-begin-rice-export-next-year-says-cbn/
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by CriminalIkedi: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
[s]
ificatchmodeh:

Dayo.. you're wasting your time.. on. Nairaland..

I've told you... you can hide from nairaland but can't hide from the law.

And when it finally gets to you..won't be funny you know.

I know your house, your office..your mother and siblings.. every information I need about you I ve got it..

You think your smart..from princeikedi to criminal ikedi..you have to proof that..

You come online to blackmail me and detroy my reputations.
I've got your pics..2verything..

Or you think I don't you're the one all the while I chat with you?

No worry.... you will oon understand..what blackmailing and libel is all about.

Otunba is. Fully aware of this.. so believe me..
Arresting you won't be that difficult..

So keep playing..

I ve all evidence I need.

You can't Bleep with everyone aand go free..not person like me.

You choose the wrong man.
[/s]

Get away from here and stop pouring spits on me. Who the f.uxk is dayo, get lost jor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by CriminalIkedi: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
[s]
ificatchmodeh:

Bbe the strong man.. you dreamt to me.. don't chicken out..please..

Am pleading..

More of your slander and. Talks..just don't stop keep it coming..

You don run from Whatsapp..please no run from nairaland or deactivate your account.

Will plead with mods to allow you..
[/s]

Who is this one? It seems you have some mental problem, get away from here and stop making noise.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by edoyad(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
austin360:
Nice one emerging Africa tiger bigger than many African countries budget.

That's just like $2bn na
Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Yoruba's are at the finish line while Igbos are no were to be found grin shocked cool

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by aresssa: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
[s]
three:
Not the 'biggest budget' if shed of 'paddings'

Below is the summary of the Lagos State budget for 2011 as presented by the Lagos State Government.

(Full document is available at http://www.lagosbudget.org/pdffiles/352653_Lagos_State_budget[1].pdf)

Recurrent Expenditure N198.18bn
Personnel N68.23bn
Overhead N129.95bn
Capital Expenditure N252.59bn

Total Budget Size N450.77bn

[size=15pt]
The 2016 budget is almost double the 2011 budget!!! Where is the money going to? Which projects warrant such costs? Have new staff been employed in hundreds of thousands?
[/size]

Below is analysis of spending in America's largest cities (note average city budget)
https://ballotpedia.org/Analysis_of_spending_in_America%27s_largest_cities

Abi #SomebodyNeedsToFundANewPoliticalParty?
[/s]

Lagos state is the second largest employer of Labor in Nigeria and the wage bill in 2011 is not the same today and last I checked, Lagos state commissioned hundreds of projects including the best bridge in Nigeria to the largest public works project in Nigeria, the 10 lane Lagos Badagry expressway and the Lagos Metro Rail.

If I'm not mistaken, some elements of the 4th mainland bridge is tied to this budget...

Lagos state is a productive state where they have a whole lot to show for their budgets.

You should worry more about states with less than 5 million people and larger budgets than Lagos state within the same period, I'm talking about Akwa Ibom and Delta state with N700 billion debt with nothing to show...

It's funny when your kind spend your days and nights worrying about Lagos, but run around NL praising and hailing GEJ who didn't commission 1 single dog cage when he was a governor and achieved nothing as the president of Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by Nationalman: 11:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
kayzat:

I set my goals and objectives in
accordance with my vision. I study them and
strategically execute them. My detractors
discuss my successes and failures because
they have nothing to execute. --- Asiwaju
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
hmmmmmmmm true talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana On Grazing Routes: Under Land Use Act, FG Only Controls FCT / Man Calls Out Voters With Bell As Polls Open For By-Election In Surulere / 13 States Attracted $ 5.3bn (n1.9tn) Investments In The Last Quarer Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.