Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,135 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said (4446 Views)

FG Orders NCC To Reduce Costs Of Data In Nigeria / Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC / I Called Her But Number Switch Off, After An Hour She Called Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2016
I just called the Nigerian Communications Commission and the lady who answered told me the alleged directive wasn't approved from their end. I told her how frustrated people are and adviced that they put out a press release asap to let Nigerians know what's going on angry and she said they'll work on it.
I also told her about the message MTN sent and also made her see how lack of a press release would give these telecom coys the opportunity to cheat Nigerians but she said that won't happen as they'd put out a press statement soon.

The question is this, Who's fooling who?

Seun Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2016
Who should we believe now? You, NCC or tele companies?
........................................................................................
Update:
I put a call to NCC and surprisedly, NCC doesn't know about the data increase.. According to them, they are doing something to enlighten the public.. I also tried putting a call to Airtel and MTN customer care but unfortunately, they claim not to be updated with any info in regards to the new development. Let's wait till 1st DEC and see what happens then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:19am On Nov 30, 2016
By the time bu ha ri finish with us, our neck go long like TOLOTOLO own cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 30, 2016
HenryDion:
Who should we believe now? You, NCC or tele companies?

I just wrote what NCC told me. U can call them yourself on 622. It's toll free.

2 Likes

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by samtee37(m): 10:21am On Nov 30, 2016
Make I just wait here dey look una.
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Chugavey(m): 10:34am On Nov 30, 2016
BUBU be frustrating zombies sinx 2015... wailers shall wail high data plan or not. We'll get to have less zombies on social media. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by dennisworld1(m): 10:38am On Nov 30, 2016
I dun call the useless NCC them nor even know work

1 Like

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Snakeeyes08: 10:38am On Nov 30, 2016
I gues they only want to see our reaction,thank God it's a joke
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2016
Qummie:

I just wrote what NCC told me. U can call them yourself on 622. It's toll free.

Check my update.
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2016
Snakeeyes08:

Yinmu. They are backing out because Nigerians aren't taking that BS. #damagecontrol

1 Like

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by airminem(f): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2016
Snakeeyes08:

really

1 Like

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by midashenry(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=Snakeeyes08 post=51506412]I gues they only want to see our reaction,thank God it's a joke

I don't think its a joke but lets wait and see. Cos now the NCC are in denial lets see if the telecom companies will still carry on.

This whole country is becoming one very big SCAM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2016
Ok
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by elliotkid: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2016
watch video make #35000 everyweek

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by ycmdng(m): 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Multiply your money by 4X within a week, no long wait like mmm. check: ultimate cycler . com / ref / McApata (remove the space to makeup a url) or whatsapp me on 08061191767

1 Like

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by MerryMonody: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
cry

6 Likes

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Jerryojozy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
I just called NCC and the agent I spoke with said NCC did not give telecom service providers directive to review their data price. After I dropped the call, call my service provider and the agent said the directive is from NCC. Naija which way? NCC and service providers are really playing with Nigeria masses. U can reach NCC with 622 its toll free.

1 Like

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Agimor(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Qummie:
I just called the Nigerian Communications Commission and the lady who answered told me the alleged directive wasn't approved from their end. I told her how frustrated people are and adviced that they put out a press release asap to let Nigerians know what's going on angry and she said they'll work on it.
I also told her about the message MTN sent and also made her see how lack of a press release would give these telecom coys the opportunity to cheat Nigerians but she said that won't happen as they'd put out a press statement soon.

The question is this, Who's fooling who?

Seun Lalasticlala
It's true I just called NCC and the guy said it's a rumor and we should discard it... I went further to suggest they put up a press release to that effect, he told me they were working on it... And that as long as it's not their website it's a rumor....

Mtn must be the brain behind these heinous and coward act and it should be resisted with all might.

1 Like

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by leksbore(m): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
guyz u know glo didn't even say anything about increament in data it's only mtn,,,,it's about time mtn should vacate Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by emmchi(m): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Who are they deceiving? Jst called ncc and I was told they never gave the telcos such directive.I should call my network provider.
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Kassidy90(m): 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Maybe we carry both NCC people n Telecom People go Ogun or Amadioha shrine to swear cos me I no dey understand again..

3 Likes

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Snakeeyes08: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
So sad,can't believe dat d crying Buhari can be part of d SCAM.

[quote author=midashenry post=51506902][/quote]
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Chrisx1x(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
I called them yesterday.the lady who answered tactically denied.i knew she was lying
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by 4peace(m): 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
Agimor:
It's true I just called NCC and the guy said it's a rumor and we should discard it... I went further to suggest they put up a press release to that effect, he told me they were working on it... And that as long as it's not their website it's a rumor....

Mtn must be the brain behind these heinous and coward act and it should be resisted with all might.

I said it yesterday that it is fake news but nobody look at my comment grin
If any of them increase their data charges tomorrow they will be sanction. cool
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
4peace:

I said it yesterday that it is fake news but nobody look at my comment grin
If any of them increase their data charges tomorrow they will be sanction. cool
Naso
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by nis70: 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=midashenry post=51506902][/quote]
Big Scam! I tell you. Now i'm convinced this Country is a big joke nd the Government is utterly confused.
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by hrykanu231(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
I just called them too and one Kelvin picked the call and debunked the claim on the proposed increase. So who do we believe?
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
I just called NCC and they guy i spoke with denied! He said its a rumour
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Ealiserwest(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
Lol.. .make una join me collect money jawe
Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Guys I'm so angry as i type this.

I called MTN customer care and the agent who answered said, "i don't know who picked your call at NCC but we were given a mandate by NCC to increase data prices.". The agent also said something about NCC asking all service providers to unify prices.

Next i called Airtel, the agent first asked what NCC office i spoke to before proceeding to say, the mandate is from NCC head office and cuts across all network providers. The agent also mentioned something about FG but i was too angry to pay attention.
Hope for the best, expect the worst. #Peace.

2 Likes

Re: So I Called Ncc... Here's What "They" Said by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Qummie:

Yinmu. They are backing out because Nigerians aren't taking that BS. #damagecontrol

I called the number and I was told they are unaware of the proposed price increase.

Damage Control To BADT!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sending Sms And Withholding Ur Number / Samsung Galaxy A50 Vs. Infinix Zero 6 Pro: Which One Would You Choose? / Help Me Decide Btw Tecno H6 And The Infinix Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.