Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

MIDNIGHT (A Nigerian Take Of Horror And Stubbornness) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MIDNIGHT (A Nigerian Take Of Horror And Stubbornness) (404 Views)

The Midnight Encounter (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) / Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) / Horror In Two Sentences.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MIDNIGHT (A Nigerian Take Of Horror And Stubbornness) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
The house is haunted.
Lol. Balderdash.
Absolute nonsense. People are far too superstitious these days. Or so I used to think… Back then- oh well. A lot has changed since then.
A lot.

It was the perfect house, located in a sweet cosy corner of suburban Lagos. The asking price was decent, just a couple of millions of naira, the electricity supply was steady, and the water didn’t trickle either. It gushed. It was also furnished- tastefully. What else could a man ask for?
So I asked the realtor if it was up for sale. His face went pale, if it could be described that way, and he instantly began extolling the virtues of the house on the other side of the crescent.
I used to be very persistent back then, so I asked again. I’ve changed now. I’ve learnt patience. But again, I digress. Forgive me, if you can. It’s not easy being me.

Eventually he couldn’t ignore my questions anymore and had to fess up. I seemed like a good guy, a decent guy you know, the kind of person you just trust from the get go. As such he really didn’t want to lose me to that house.

I remember him saying it. I remember how earnest his tone was. I remember him trying to convince me that the house was bad for me. But I didn’t listen. I didn’t listen much back then. But as I said, I was a different man. A very different man. I’ve changed...

Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

(1) (Reply)

New Book: The Other Side Of Other Rooms By Wale Ayinla / 11 / Ignite Your Day! “keep Your Dream” [boost Reloaded]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.