Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? (18074 Views)

PLEASE HELP- Flip Cash, I Have Been Scammed 25k / I have been Scammed by Austin Chukuma (Nairaland @Drisklef) / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
Been scammed before by someone close to me in Nigeria for a little over 2million Naira about 10 years ago. The biggest scam is Trump winning the election in US . A lot of Americans fell for his con game.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by drsugar: 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
chinedu2412:

RIGHT FROM TIME..

The government de scam
Pastors de scam..
Yahoos boys de scam.. .
Our lecturers them de scam
You are a genius. But my own question : Is love a scam too? I don't understand that thing called love at all
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by nwaimoroseyaho: 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
OMOTOWO:
u re a cheat?pls I registered my account with MMM on 20th of November and I suppose to pay a lady using keystone account detail.a lady called me n told me he is not using the keystone bank again because of BVN issue she directed me to pay into first bank account(her neighbour account ).The money involve is #500,000 ..what should I do?even the no she called ne with doea not correspond with the no on the MMM site!!!na scam she wan scam me so?wgat should I do pls?
Don't pay into that account if you love yourself.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was scammed out of my infinix hotnote. I forgot the golden rule, "If it is too good to be true, don't believe it". Used that phone for only one month fa... E pain me

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by iyobs7(f): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
Yes I have been scammed, some persons will not believe this because of the coincidence. The guy is a Jehova Witness.

He studied in India and was introduced to me by a close friend of mine when I was seeking admission in India.

His name is Trust Joseph and stupidly enough I trusted him foolishly.

He billed me 100k for the admission citing that he'll need to authenticate some documents in another state in India and he'll need to take flight to and fro and secondly since he knew nobody in the state he'll have to stay in a hotel that's how he came about the 100k.

I thought he was being honest and promised to add 20k for his effort. But things did not work as I have intended so I could not pay the 20k I promised him voluntarily. But I paid the 100k complete.

Fast forward to when I got to India I needed the Original admission letter to do my clearance and this guy refused giving it to me unless I pay the 20k I promised him. I was dumbfounded.

I later learnt from guys over there that he did not take a flight to any where that the total cost for the admission is not even upto 18k. I was mad with anger. I told him whenever I lay my hands on him I will demand for my money even if it is 20 years from now.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by HAkorehdeh(m): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lol, one reason why i fear some **** guys. I fell a scam to one guy back then in Lagos. Just about 3 years ago. I was asked to deposit 5k into a father's friend's account at first bank. That day, I had another plan of buying some clothes which I had saved money for. The queue was too long so I was becoming impatient. Btw, there was this Igbo guy before me, we both already had had some little conversation upon my arrival. So I foolishly thought if leaving the money to him to help me deposit. It wasn't that easy tho, I considered other alternatives but he kept convincing me (never knew he was yahooing me).
Lol, in short that was how I got scammed. Funny enough, these **** guys have been the ones helping me in my online business. I just fell unlucky with the bad one that day.

Post modified cuz I don't wanna defame any tribe.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by odada74: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
chinedu2412:
Okay. Guy see them scam me to the extend.. i was forced to turn a scammerr myself,...

You see, it get the way them go scam you reach you go ask God If Na only you de this life..

RIGHT FROM TIME..

The government de scam
Pastors de scam..
Yahoos boys de scam.. .
Our lecturers them de scam

Why.you go dull my guy.. you nor need laptop, carry your Nokia begin join the queue
*enlightenment please*
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by KangaIye: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Yes was scammed by Jumia. I bought one rechargeable fan during this their black Friday only for me to start using the fan and realized that the fan is not working cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by femijay8271(m): 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
how?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Donshemzy1234: 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Don't let me talk about my scamming experience if I try it the mods will end up banning me
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by 4nobody4every1: 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by KBdownloads(m): 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Venice789: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
no ooo scam me ke, nah me dey scam person nah
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Skillz4u(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was scam yesterday by a nairalander +2348175587538 he sold me andsence account that is not approve yesterday. I have been calling him since yesterday no answer and no reply on my message. he thought the money will make him rich mumu like him

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
NOPE. ONLY GREEDY PEOPLE GET SCAMMED.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Effizy12(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
kvngveektour:
Yes. By ultimate cycler

How did you get scammed by ultimate cycler ,am about to register oo
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by abysirius(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
Yeah.. kind of. As a kid, i would go selling stuffs for my mum with my sister after school. Usually our routes are between Santos Layout, Dopemu and Akowonjo axis. On the fateful day we were on the road selling as usual when one big sis called us. She acted as if she was going to buy a lot from us that we were already gushing about returning home after selling to her. Alas! She was going to scam us. In fact, we were scammed.
She was going to pay us, then she asked us to quickly get her something from the next street. In her word, " bring your money let me keep it for you two so that you don't misplace it running errand for me".
One thing that still amazes me till today is that the lady emerged from a particular flat. When we returned, we knocked the same door and they told us they didn't know anyone by that description. She was wearing Celestial Sutanah we were shouting but no one was listening. She had gone with all our money and the rest of our goods.
When it was clear that we had been duped, i held my sis and returned home. At first We couldn't enter thinking that my mum would kill us. A gentle man on the street had to go home with us when he saw us crying on the street. I was surprise that my mum didn't beat us... she was already worried that we didn't normally keep so late. Guessed she knew something was wrong. So when the man explained to her what happened, she was just thanking God that the scammer wasn't a kidnapper.

Moral of the lesson, child hawking should be discouraged. As a parent, you risk a lot asking your child to go sell so that you all can eat. I guess that's our/your responsibilty to fend for your kids, not the other way round. I know some of your here will start throwing shade at me and my sis that we weren't smart. May be or may be not, but we were just kids. It happened 2.5 decades ago. We all should learn.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by mayoor15(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
abysirius:
Yeah.. kind of. As a kid, i would go selling stuffs for my mum with my sister after school. Usually our routes are between Santos Layout, Dopemu and Akowonjo axis. On the fateful day we were on the road selling as usual when one big sis called us. She acted as if she was going to buy a lot from us that we were already gushing about returning home after selling to her. Alas! She was going to scam us. In fact, we were scammed.
She was going to pay us, then she asked us to quickly get her something from the next street. In her word, " bring your money let me keep it for you two so that you don't misplace it running errand for me".
One thing that still amazes me till today is that the lady emerged from a particular flat. When we returned, we knocked the same door and they told us they didn't know anyone by that description. She was wearing Celestial Sutanah we were shouting but no one was listening. She had gone with all our money and the rest of our goods.
When it was clear that we had been duped, i held my sis and returned home. At first We couldn't enter thinking that my mum would kill us. A gentle man on the street had to go home with us when he saw us crying on the street. I was surprise that my mum didn't beat us... she was already worried that we didn't normally keep so late. Guessed she knew something was wrong. So when the man explained to her what happened, she was just thanking God that the scammer wasn't a kidnapper.

Moral of the lesson, child hawking should be discouraged. As a parent, you risk a lot asking your child to go sell so that you all can eat. I guess that's our/your responsibilty to fend for your kids, not the other way round. I know some of your here will start throwing shade at me and my sis that we weren't smart. May be or may be not, but we were just kids. It happened 2.5 decades ago. We all should learn.

Thanks.
But you can't blame your mum either....kowo le pe noni now
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Hisolak(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
This happened recently and its by a member here on Nairaland, scamming with data sales.
I fell victim recently.
Nairalanders should

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Ikwerreboy(m): 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
winkmart:
Scamming will soon come to an end in the country when I start my middleman business website.

Wat do you mean by Middleman business website?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Greenbullet(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
HAkorehdeh:
Lol, one reason why i fear some **** guys. I fell a scam to one guy back then in Lagos. Just about 3 years ago. I was asked to deposit 5k into a father's friend's account at first bank. That day, I had another plan of buying some clothes which I had saved money for. The queue was too long so I was becoming impatient. Btw, there was this Igbo guy before me, we both already had had some little conversation upon my arrival. So I foolishly thought if leaving the money to him to help me deposit. It wasn't that easy tho, I considered other alternatives but he kept convincing me (never knew he was yahooing me).
Lol, in short that was how I got scammed. Funny enough, these **** guys have been the ones helping me in my online business. I just fell unlucky with the bad one that day.

Post modified cuz I don't wanna defame any tribe.
lesson learnt:NEVER TRUST AN IGBO MAN WITH MONEY.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Emmanuel602(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was scammed sometime last month or there about by Bet9ja. Then I had a rollover that was already at 49k I played a 1.2 odd game (double chanced Manchester city vs Celtic FC) I was going to pay out 50k after the game but lo and behold, the slip was marked red after the game ended 3:3. I cried but I've gotten over now.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Greenbullet(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was scammed on nairaland by the son of a slut who parades himself as a data reseller,if I could lay my hands on him enhh na jungle justice ,I swear
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kvngveektour(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Effizy12:

How did you get scammed by ultimate cycler ,am about to register oo

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by steryj(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was scammed by DHT Africa, Ibadan chapter in 2014 to the tune of 186k. Thank God i survived it. But, they won't know peace.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by starwar(m): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
comradespade:
bitter xperience it was the first and the last time I was scammed and can u believe it happened on nairaland by one godforsaken guy named TIPMASTER he said he has a booked game for me to play that I should transfer #500 naira Mtn card to him and I complied, the guy collected the recharge card and send a game that has been lost before being played I still believe in him and I stake #1000 naira on it and I lost the game woefully (sobbing) can u believe the guy blocked me immediately on WhatsApp I tried to call him not reachable, I was pained simply because that was the last bar on me and I was a student then, BITTER

TIPMASTER, I know u are reading this that is if u are still on earth anytime I come by you anywhere even if am on suit I promise u am going to tear ur scrotum from ur bloody asss and feed u with it, I mean every single word above. angry angry
Na im dey control the pad from im room ni.... which one b sure game?.... take heart
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by philcz(m): 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Venice789:
no ooo scam me ke, nah me dey scam person nah
no be girl you be? na scam una be..
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Maspeky(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was scammed by one Ayangbola Sunday that claimed to be a forex trade (binary.com) expert years ago. The money plenty!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Kelvin3028(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
Some dude here on Nairaland was lucky to scam me of 3500 for data subscription... not that he was smart enough but I saw the 3500 as nothing so it didn't hurt too much when I realised I have been scammed...
HOW DID HE DO IT?
He advertised SME and I called him, I had already vowed not to pay before I see the data on my phone so he said I'll see the data before I pay. As promised, he sent what I later found out to be a customised SMS to me informing me of data sub, I checked with the fast code of sme but nothing so I called him, he said that is because the data is locked until I pay. I sent the money to him and boom... I still chat with him till date, he be street guy now, I was there before so I know how it feels to be hungry...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Nisorla(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
yeah

I have been scammed some one promise to love and later refuse after I gave them my heart...... is that not scammed?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Kelvin3028(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nisorla:
yeah

I have been scammed some one promise to love and later refuse after I gave them my heart...... is that not scammed?
Lol, pure scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Come In: Which Of These Is Holding You Back? / Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 / Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.