Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,853 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (81869 Views)

Connotation Of Salary Structures In Nigeria (CONTISS,CONUASS,CONRAISS,CONTOPSAL, / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria / Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by dbbest(f): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2011
@ All,

Kindly advise if the private universities in Nigeria also apply the same salary structure with the federal universities. If not, anyone with info about the salary structure for private universities in Nigeria should kindly advise.

Thanks,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Mcleo007(m): 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2012
Pls I need guidelines/guidance on pursuing a career in lecturing. I intend starting my masters this year and follow it up with a PhD. For the moment, can my bachelors degree earn me a position in a federal or state university? I studied Philosophy.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by ozota: 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2012
Pls pals picking up a job as graduate assistant in a Fed. University and joining nigerian navy as DSSC which is better?
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by dubaiprince: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
mikeywise:
hello sir, u cant possibly get dat disposable income.i think there is mistake somewhere because when you deduct 7.5% pension alone, what you have left will be less than that amount.i am just pointing this out, i think its a mistake.thank you.

u may be right and u may be wrong. But note that the 7.5% is calculated on basic, housing and transport.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by dmajesticjoe: 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
ozota: Pls pals picking up a job as graduate assistant in a Fed. University and joining nigerian navy as DSSC which is better?

How can u compare Navy and GA job. What u should be asking is hw u can work ur way into the Navy because its just too difficult(to men any way). I earn abit less than 100k per month currently as aa GA in one of the fed Uni whereas, a sub lieutenant in the Navy earn above 200k with well furnished accomodation, access to car loan, interrnational and local trainig opportunities to enhance career development and a lot of other benefits. In the Uni, all we get is the monthly pea, no accomodation, infact, nothing aparrt from the monthly pea. Imagin working for five years and still trecking when ur peers will work for few months and they are on good cars.DON'T GO THERE IF U NEED MONEY.

3 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
dmajesticjoe:

How can u compare Navy and GA job. What u should be asking is hw u can work ur way into the Navy because its just too difficult(to men any way). I earn abit less than 100k per month currently as aa GA in one of the fed Uni whereas, a sub lieutenant in the Navy earn above 200k with well furnished accomodation, access to car loan, interrnational and local trainig opportunities to enhance career development and a lot of other benefits. In the Uni, all we get is the monthly pea, no accomodation, infact, nothing aparrt from the monthly pea. Imagin working for five years and still trecking when ur peers will work for few months and they are on good cars.DON'T GO THERE IF U NEED MONEY.

And after 15 years, you will be retired when ur contract is not renewed. and that lecturer would have become a Professor with another 20 yrs of service ahead of him and possibility of of becoming a VC,DG or Minister while you roam the street bragging about ur days in the military and introducing urself as Retired Captain dmajesticjoe.
If you can't join Military through NDA, pls forget abt it.

7 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by fayowole1(m): 6:45am On Oct 13, 2013
please I have this question. Can someone with NCE(PHY/MATH),''BSC''(MATH).MAS,....... Become a lecturer without that one year of ''pgd''? Must it be NCE(PHY/MATH),''BED''(MATH).....
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by oluwatomiwa(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2013
[fayowole1]please I have this question. Can someone with NCE(PHY/MATH),''BSC''(MATH).MAS,....... Become a lecturer without that one year of ''pgd''? Must it be NCE(PHY/MATH),''BED''(MATH)

Yes,you can become lecturer without BED because you have NCE already,NCE is the minimum educational qualification for teaching/lecturing.Therefore you don't need PGD again since you have NCE.

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by fayowole1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
Yes,you can become lecturer without BED because you have NCE already,NCE is the minimum educational qualification for teaching/lecturing.Therefore you don't need PGD again since you have NCE.[/quote]
thank U so much.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by profemoral(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 19, 2014
Mcleo007: Pls I need guidelines/guidance on pursuing a career in lecturing. I intend starting my masters this year and follow it up with a PhD. For the moment, can my bachelors degree earn me a position in a federal or state university? I studied Philosophy.
yes it can, you start as GA ( graduate assistant) but you may have to present a masters degree before you are allowed to 'lecture' students

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 19, 2014
ozota: Pls pals picking up a job as graduate assistant in a Fed. University and joining nigerian navy as DSSC which is better?
if you like freedom go for university but if you like power go for navy
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2014
dmajesticjoe:

what do you do with plenty free time you get?
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by aliceace: 5:30am On Oct 13, 2014
Hello Dr. Elipter,

Thanks for your contributions on this thread. Kindly furnish me with the current remuneration of both Lecturer 2 and Lecturer 1, after 5 years.

Kind regards.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2014
aliceace:
Hello Dr. Elipter,

Thanks for your contributions on this thread. Kindly furnish me with the current remuneration of both Lecturer 2 and Lecturer 1, after 5 years.

Kind regards.
lecturer ll - CONUASS 3, Step 5- 1,838,156NGN per annum

lecturer l - CONUASS 4, step 5- 2,382,003NGN per annum.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
My sister working with UNIPORT as lecture with a masters degree earns N120,000 per month and confirmed that a PHD holder starts with N160,000 per month. THE CHOICE IS YOURS

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
chibabe3:
My sister working with UNIPORT as lecture with a masters degree earns N120,000 per month and confirmed that a PHD holder starts with N160,000 per month. THE CHOICE IS YOURS
thats not how salary of academic staffs is computed. i guess your sister is on CONUASS II ( assistant lecturer), depending on her step the figure you qouted may be right. those with PhD are employ as lecturers II ( CONUASS 3) with variable step depending on 'post-doctoral teaching experience. those on CONUASS 3 step 1 ( PhD) don't earn upto 160k a month.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by JohnDanApeh: 5:54am On Nov 07, 2014
Hello, what are some likely questions expected during Lecturing interview for Graduate Assistant because am going for one on Monday 10/11/14 please.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
JohnDanApeh:
Hello, what are some likely questions expected during Lecturing interview for Graduate Assistant because am going for one on Monday 10/11/14 please.
I attended two interviews for lecturer 2 in the past few months, I was never asked any serious question. I was given a written exams in one though.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by oluwafemi89(m): 7:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Let the thread keep rolling...

I have a Bsc. in Agricultural Extension and Management. Currently processing a Master in Food Science.
After much thought, I decide to choose Lecturing as a Career. can i use my Masters to apply for lecturing work??
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Mpyaw: 2:44am On Jan 05, 2017
grin
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
elitper:
@pato405, sorry I meant to write LII, not LI please. Getting a job after PhD was not difficult for me. I had three letters about a month after my defence, but I chose a postdoc fellowship I got instead. I only came back to take a position after the six month-fellowship. Getting a job was for me as easy as it was difficult without a PhD. But the money too small sha.
Wish I could get your contact to at least talk with you. I wanna go into lecturing. I wish to know more about it but when I checked your profile, you were last seen in 2015. Perhaps you just come online again I'm here. Thanks
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by vic82: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2020
Please anybody with the salary structure of Lecture II and Assistant Lecture at Achievers University, Owo Ondo State?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NBC Management Trainee 2017 DragnetNG / N-Power Teacher Corps Programme: Incoming Aspirants, Let's Meet Here / Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria (FAAN) Recruitment 2015 – Application Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.