Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) (850 Views)

My Experience With A Corporate Begger / See Two Sure Ways To Earn Income Online Without Spending Money! / See Two Sure Ways To Earn Income Online Without Spending Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by geniuspro: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hi NL,

Happy new month everyone!

This is the last month of the year,2016.

May every hanging blessings remaining for the year come to us speedily. Amen.

So am starting this thread for a purpose.

I work at a dayjob that keeps me at work for an average of 12 hours every day. I have always thought of creating another source of income online.

I have read a lot of ebooks on different business models but the truth is I have not taken lots of action on most of what I read; a terrible weakness on my part.

While my online source of income at the moment is my job (and I can be fired anytime),I want to think out of the box and take action.

I want to change and do something for myself!

And I want to change now!!!

I am going to use this medium to chronicle my journey into the online business space.

I am going to share with you my struggles and my failures.

I am doing this for a reason.

To keep me accountable and to keep taking action till I get results.

And who knows? Perhaps I will be able to look back in the next one year and see some amazing results and perhaps I will inspire someone as well.

I hope to God am able to achieve this.

THE ONLINE BUSINESS SPACE

Like I said earlier,am not new to the online space.

I know there are way too many online business models one can harness to make money online.

By online business model,I mean a particular set of strategies used to make money online.

Before I go on, I want to point out this mentality that unfortunately I possess.

It is this "I want to make money online" mentality.

I really think it is one of the mindsets affecting me from actually making any money.

When I think this way,it makes me feel like I want to grab from another individual.

Having that mindset switch me on to an opportunity seeker; It makes me want to grab without giving.

So....

THE VERY FIRST WEAKNESS AM ADDRESSING

I have decided to change from the mentality of "I want to make money online to "I want to build a business online".

Will this mentality help me in the long run? Does it even make any difference?

It is too early to tell now.

But let us see how far it will get me.

SO, AM ON A JOURNEY OF BUILDING A BUSINESS ONLINE.
Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by geniuspro: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
ONLINE BUSINESS MODELS

I know so many Nigerians are building businesses online and generating income for themselves everyday.

I have come across quite a number of business models which are but not limited to;

1. Running Ecommerce store.(Jumia,Konga,Personal Ecommerce store)

2. Freelance services (Fiverr et al)

3. Affiliate marketing (Clickbank and JVZoo)

4. Domain flipping

5. Website flipping

6. Media buying.(Facebook ads, Google ads and GDN,Twitter ads, Native ads)

7. Kindle Publishing

8. Teeshirt selling (Teespring et al)

9. MLM/Networking

10. Consulting services.(Website design,conversion and optimisation, SEO and Social Media)

These and many more business models exist for one to explore.

So which one should I start out with? *indecisive*

Atimes when you have too many options, you find it hard to choose.

That is the spot I find myself right now.

Am at the point of making decision on choosing one.

Perhaps you can suggest one?

I welcome all suggestions. Thanks for reading.

P.S By the way am not afraid of failing.

Even if I fail in any of the models,I have just learn one way of how it cannot work yea? Good.
Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by Chickychic(f): 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Pls chart me up via whatsapp on 08065250319
Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by Alhajipablo(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by Alhajipablo(m): 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
The T. Shirt selling, do you know how viable it is? Well I think it should be, both online and offline. This is the first time I'm coming across the business model, so I don't know anything about it, I'll also be interested if anyone can share what it fully entails.

1 Like

Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by DonX001: 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
Wish you all the best in your journey. It can be difficult, but can be truly rewarding if achieved.
Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by geniuspro: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Alhajipablo:
The T. Shirt selling, do you know how viable it is? Well I think it should be, both online and offline. This is the first time I'm coming across the business model, so I don't know anything about it, I'll also be interested if anyone can share what it fully entails.

Hello Alhajipablo,

If you are interested,you can drop your email here. I'd forward a manual to you.
Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by Raintaker(m): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
geniuspro:

Hello Alhajipablo,

If you are interested,you can drop your email here. I'd forward a manual to you.
mowrites60@gmail.com
Please send me d manuel.
Re: Can A Corporate Slave Truly Create Another Source Of Income Online? (My Journey) by Alhajipablo(m): 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
Raintaker:
mowrites60@gmail.com Please send me d manuel.
abiolau@live.com

(1) (Reply)

Rocket Internet’s Jumia Records 49% Fall In Nine Months Revenue / Dangote Making Way For Efficient, Effective Refinery / How You Can Start A Business In Lagos With Small Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.