Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

INEC Bill: Senate Moves To Amend INEC Act - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Bill: Senate Moves To Amend INEC Act (9283 Views)

Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing / Senate Moves To Amend 1999 Constitution With 13 Bills.. / Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Bill: Senate Moves To Amend INEC Act by SycophanticGoat: 6:27am On Dec 02, 2016
dominion001:
Nonesense. I tot they will take away the power to appoint d inec chairman from the president and allow d inec to be totally independent. Till dis is done My drivers Lincence will always be more important to me than a voters card.

One of the best comment so far..
Re: INEC Bill: Senate Moves To Amend INEC Act by freeze001(f): 7:31am On Dec 02, 2016
ddippset:
the supreme court told us to our faces that card readers were as worthless as toilet paper.

And so it us until it is recognised by the law as an electoral tool. That is why the INEC was also instructed to do the needful at the legislative level because it's electoral guidelines cannot suprcede the actual INEC Act.
Re: INEC Bill: Senate Moves To Amend INEC Act by freeze001(f): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2016
dominion001:
Nonesense. I tot they will take away the power to appoint d inec chairman from the president and allow d inec to be totally independent. Till dis is done My drivers Lincence will always be more important to me than a voters card.

Took this right out of my mouth or is it my fingers now...
Re: INEC Bill: Senate Moves To Amend INEC Act by made1(m): 7:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Too expensive and advanced to implement here
GoggleB:
Can't we emulate American voting system??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " / See Tinubu Fingers, Does He Bath At All? - Photos / British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.