Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Honda Accord 2006 Steering Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2006 Steering Problem (576 Views)

DIY Tips On How To Fix Your Power Steering Problem / Corolla Steering Problem / Hyundai Accent Electronic Power Steering Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2006 Steering Problem by moty4all: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello,

I am having a steering problem with my Honda Accor 2006 which i just got 3 weeks ago.

I have changed the Steering pump and steering Rack.. But i can still feel some stiffness when steering. What do you advice.\

Regards
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Steering Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
moty4all:
Hello,

I am having a steering problem with my Honda Accor 2006 which i just got 3 weeks ago.

I have changed the Steering pump and steering Rack.. But i can still feel some stiffness when steering. What do you advice.\

Regards

was the pressure pipe welded? Replace if welded. Replace pump again if pipe was not welded, it is very notorious

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Steering Problem by lonelydora: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Let's start frim the LCM of power steering,

1. Was the system well bled after the steering and rack change? There may be some pockets of air in the system.

2. How sure are you that the 'new' pump is in good shape? Hope it wasn't removed from another engine and sold as tokumbo? The pump may not be in top shape as you think.

3. As GAZZUZZ suggested, is there any welded joint on the pressure hose?

Check these ones before we proceed to the HCF.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Steering Problem by moty4all: 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
Okay.. Thanks.. Will get my mechanic 2moro to look into what was suggested and update this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Honda EOD For Sale / Danger Of Not Using Seat Belt While Driving - A Must See Video / Opel Astra Automatic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.