Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom (21083 Views)

Priest/Lawyer Beats And Bites YABATECH Female Student In Lagos. Photos / Female Journalist Attacked And Beaten In Owerri By Rampaging Hoodlums (Photos) / Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Islie: 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lawyer Docked For Assaulting Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom

Bernard Tolani Dada

A 35 year old legal practitioner Akaniyene Cletus has been arraigned before a Chief Magistrate Court in Uyo for allegedly assaulting a female journalist Blessing Ambrose.

The case, which is between the Commissioner of Police v Cletus came up for hearing before Chief Magistrate Usukuma Akpabio.

Blessing who is a broadcaster with Akwa Ibom Broadcasting Corporation AKBC, told the court that the accused had beaten her up and inflicted injuries on her on May 29, 2016.

She said Cletus, who was her co-tenant at No. 6 Umana Uko Lane, off Atiku Abubakar Road in Uyo demanded for a drink when she brought a sewing machine to the compound.

She claimed that the accused beat her up when she refused to provide the drink.

My Lord “I reported the matter to my landlord who intervened and said that he does not want any trouble in the compound.

“Few days later Cletus’ house help came to tell me that my friend that visited does not know how to use the sewing machine.

“Cletus who was inside his house shouted that I should take the machine out of the veranda immediately.

“He later came out and used his legs and pushed the sewing machine.

“When I demanded to know why he should hit my sewing machine, he slapped me, pushing me down and beat me up.

“I sustained injuries on my knee, eyes, arms and face. When my brother tried to stop him, he beat him up too. People from the compound later came and took me away,” Ambrose said.

She said she informed the landlord of what transpired, and that he cautioned Cletus to learn to live peacefully with other tenants or move out.

The complainant further said that on August. 7, 2016, Cletus intimidated her with a machete, a situation which made her to immediately report the matter to the ‘C’ Division of the Police at Aka Etinan, in Uyo.

The Chief Magistrate however adjourned the case to January, 9, 2017 for further hearing.

https://leadership.ng/news/562050/lawyer-docked-for-assaulting-female-journalist-in-akwa-ibom
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Poorboy: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hmmmm legal fight

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by softMarket(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
cheesy Criminal Lawyer

na her type be Charge and Bail lawyer! grin

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by izzou(m): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Which kind children case be this?

He push my sewing machine. I naa ask him why. He naa beat me.

Mtcheeeeew

This recession is biting hard on people seriously

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by hismerhill(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
No be small matter ee
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by ffrreeee(f): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
The guy needs serious help asap. Preferably yaba left or Aro

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by gredenco1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
lol mr lawbreaker.
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by DjSwaga(m): 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by saxwizard(m): 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
this is tall
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by IncredibleJoe(m): 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
There is more to this story...

The lawyer may be pained probably because the lady is not giving in to his advances

7 Likes

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by dikeigbo2(m): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
End time lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Debaddest(m): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Abuse of power
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Christo724(m): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Let's see how it goes, its a good fight, a lawyer and a journalist.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by jiyahsamson: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Islie:

Lawyer Docked For Assaulting Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom
Say watin apen na

https://leadership.ng/news/562050/lawyer-docked-for-assaulting-female-journalist-in-akwa-ibom

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by presentley: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
I smell lies, they are probably out to embarrass the lawyer(speaking from experience)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Lucasinho(m): 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
Let us hear oga lawyer own side of the story...s0me gals r evil grin

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Kelklein(m): 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
so..because the lady is a journalist

The entire write-up above contain only the complainant's side of the story

What about the defendant(lawyer)'s side of the story.. Didn't he at least say something to defend himself?

Why was it not written in the story

This partial too much abeg

10 Likes

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by littlewonders: 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
Sometimes I come around to see good trend to comment but when I tap the reply button I literally forget words

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by proxitaly: 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
for this my peaceful Uyo?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
undecided
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Pylony(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
I only wonder how such a lawer Will face criminals he help send into prison..
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Nathanieloo7(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
bros u won quit yahoo bizness wey u won sell d laptop #all diz mapoly student ehnn
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Pylony(m): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
See how worst things has gone wrong in this country common drink chai

Meanwhile this hp is for sale is 4gig ram and 350 hard disk drive, RMD with Windows 7 Professional working perfectly well asking price is 40k am located in abeokuta
Pm if interested Pls serious buyer only
interested but not in your city undecided..
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by lonelydora: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
This lawyer is not a 'learned' person shaa.
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by powerfulsettingz: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Pylony:
interested but not in your city undecided..
Where?
Re: Lawyer Beats Female Journalist In Akwa Ibom by Idyllwhizz(m): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Is everything intact nd do u have receipt?
powerfulsettingz:
See how worst things has gone wrong in this country common drink chai

Meanwhile this hp is for sale is 4gig ram and 350 hard disk drive, RMD with Windows 7 Professional working perfectly well asking price is 40k am located in abeokuta
Pm if interested Pls serious buyer only

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] / Ebonyi Women Arrested For Protesting For The Release Of Their Husbands(photos) / Suspected Herdsmen Hijack Benue Links Bus, Kill Passenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.