Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

The Unforgivable Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unforgivable Sin (2069 Views)

Is Suicide Unforgivable Sin / Have I Committed The Unforgivable Sin? - Paul Ellis / There Is No Unforgivable Sin Anymore! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unforgivable Sin by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Thanks for coming in y'all can grab a seat...................I have got a really pressing question that has bothered me for a while now and its about the unforgivable sin "blasphemy against the holy spirit" what if an atheist (let's say urheme for instance,since y'all like that dude a lot) blasphemed against the holy spirit while he was an atheist, after giving his life to Christ and accepting his new faith would his blasphemous act as an atheist still count...............thanks in advance.

Jizzus
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by xtivin(m): 10:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
No..If converted to christ he is under grace because he is dead to sin and his mortal body that committed the sin is hidden in the body of christ and his converted body now belongs to christ. Will Christ sin?. God forbid
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
xtivin:
No..If converted to christ he is under grace because he is dead to sin and his mortal body that committed the sin is hidden in the body of christ and his converted body now belongs to christ. Will Christ sin?. God forbid
In summary....................the unforgivable sin..............not so unforgivable, praise master Jesus(who happens to be the father and the holy spirit).

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by LadyAnn(f): 1:38am On Dec 02, 2016
Jesus says that God will never forgive a person who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit. When a human says, “I’ll never forgive you,” we may go on with life. There are others we can turn to; and “never” really doesn’t mean never. But when God says, “I will never forgive you,” then there is nobody to turn to in all the universe and “never” really means “never.” If God says to you, “Never will I forgive you,” then a million ages from now his verdict will be like granite. His sentences are as unbreakable as his pardons. cry thus, the person is Forever Under God’s Wrath... Let us therefore be very careful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 4:25am On Dec 02, 2016
I recommend this thread to anyone who wants to know the truth about this topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/3311083/what-unforgivable-sin-paul-ellis
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by LadyAnn(f): 4:39am On Dec 02, 2016
promisechuks:
I recommend this thread to anyone who wants to know the truth about this topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/3311083/what-unforgivable-sin-paul-ellis

Wasn't really helpful when talking about the unforgiving sin

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 4:45am On Dec 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

why say so?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 4:46am On Dec 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

what do you consider sin against the Holy Spirit?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 4:46am On Dec 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

what do you consider as sin against the Holy Spirit?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 4:48am On Dec 02, 2016
LadyAnn:
Jesus says that God will never forgive a person who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit. When a human says, “I’ll never forgive you,” we may go on with life. There are others we can turn to; and “never” really doesn’t mean never. But when God says, “I will never forgive you,” then there is nobody to turn to in all the universe and “never” really means “never.” If God says to you, “Never will I forgive you,” then a million ages from now his verdict will be like granite. His sentences are as unbreakable as his pardons. cry thus, the person is Forever Under God’s Wrath... Let us therefore be very careful

what sin is the unforgivable sin?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by LadyAnn(f): 5:49am On Dec 02, 2016
promisechuks:

what sin is the unforgivable sin?

Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by LadyAnn(f): 5:55am On Dec 02, 2016
promisechuks:

what do you consider as sin against the Holy Spirit?

Scripture: Mark 3:20–35. Note verse 29, “Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin. Furthermore, Jesus himself said literally and meant in (Matthew 12:32) which makes his meaning more precise, “Whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven either in this age or in the age to come.” When Mark 3:29 calls blasphemy against the Holy Spirit an “eternal sin,” it means a sin that God will not forgive to all eternity. If all the mountains on the earth were wearing down at the rate of one millimeter every thousand years, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit would still be unforgiven when the face of the earth is as smooth as a billiard ball. It is an eternally unforgivable sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Omudia11: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2016
I wonder why an "atheist' would be "bothered" about the unforgivable sin. Why should you be bothered. Are you scared ?

Lady Ann has said it in plain words- no sugar coating. The sin of blasphemy against the holy spirit is the unforgivable sin. Anyone saying anything otherwise is already going contrary to the bible.

The Unpardonable Sin Mark 3: 28 "Assuredly , I say to you , all sins will be forgiven the sons of men , and whatever blasphemies they may utter;

29 but He who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness , but is subject to eternal condemnation"

Matthew 12: 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man , it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit , it will not be forgiven him , either in this age or in the age to come.

Also Luke 12: 10 "And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man , it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit , it will not be forgiven.

For the holy spirit to have located urheme several times at church, it means that God has unfinished business with him and there was no way he could have sinned against the holy spirit because in my own opinion if you sin against the holy spirit God will totally black out on you.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Omudia11: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2016
Very well said!
LadyAnn:

Scripture: Mark 3:20–35. Note verse 29, “Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin. Furthermore, Jesus himself said literally and meant in (Matthew 12:32) which makes his meaning more precise, “Whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven either in this age or in the age to come.” When Mark 3:29 calls blasphemy against the Holy Spirit an “eternal sin,” it means a sin that God will not forgive to all eternity. If all the mountains on the earth were wearing down at the rate of one millimeter every thousand years, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit would still be unforgiven when the face of the earth is as smooth as a billiard ball. It is an eternally unforgivable sin.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2016
In other news your newly converted Christian brother is going to hell fire............cos I believe he has blasphemed numerous times.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2016
Omudia11:
I wonder why an "atheist' would be "bothered" about the unforgivable sin. Why should you be bothered. Are you scared?
Are u scared of vampires and werewolves and superman??
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by mine85(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2016
jizzus:
Thanks for coming in y'all can grab a seat...................I have got a really pressing question that has bothered me for a while now and its about the unforgivable sin "blasphemy against the holy spirit" what if an atheist (let's say urheme for instance,since y'all like that dude a lot) blasphemed against the holy spirit while he was an atheist, after giving his life to Christ and accepting his new faith would his blasphemous act as an atheist still count...............thanks in advance.

There is no more unforgivable sin. When Jesus made that statement, He was still on earth and He rightly said. .. . Such a sin will not be forgiven.... that was the Holy Spirit in action in the old testament, even killing Aaron's son for burning the wrong candle inside the temple.

But, immediately Jesus died, all sins were forgiven.. .. Jesus said, it is finished.... Meaning He paid all. The blood of Jesus washes away our sins including the sin against the Holy Spirit.

As long as you confess it, you will be forgiven.

Jizzus
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by jonbellion(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2016
Lol
Holy spirit
Who holy sprit epp
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by jonbellion(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2016
Lol if blasphemy of the holy spirit is really unforgivable then that means I don get penthouse for hell fire grin
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by jonbellion(m): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Is it not this same Holy spirit that Bleeped Mary? grin what kind of holy being does that. Maybe i am missing the point on something bring Holy does it involve sleeping with a 12years old girl?
lol it was holy sex
With holy fluid
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Omudia11: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2016
No and you don't see me losing sleep and opening numerous threads asking questions about them.
jizzus:

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Omudia11: 11:15am On Dec 02, 2016
You are not the judge. God is. And if you read my reply well you'd see where I said that for God to have located him, God still has unfinished business with him since the holy spirit doesn't impact for nothing. He must have blasphemed numerous times but obviously not against the holy spirit.

jizzus:
In other news your newly converted Christian brother is going to hell fire............cos I believe he has blasphemed numerous times.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
jizzus:
then why would you care opening this thread?

you see why you guys are dumb?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

my question is "How can one blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by promisechuks: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by skeendyke: 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit of God is a willful sin such of such nature that the person who commits it does not have any intentions of repenting in the future. The only thing awaiting such person is a dreadful expectation of judgment.

Once you know that sinning against the Holy Spirit brings eternal condemnation and you still go ahead to do it through your words, then you have already being judged, like the devil. God can be very patient till you meet your death so He will serve you the wine of His wrath. It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of God.

However, a person who doesn't have any idea that sin against the Spirit of God attracts judgment may commit it but will still be forgiven when they repent because they only committed the sin in ignorance.

No true Christian can ever sin against the Spirit of God because they always ask forgiveness for their sins daily, something those who are guilty of this sin will never do despite their knowledge of its consequences. So if you are a Christian who loves God so much and asks pardon for your sins daily and you always strive to please God that Scripture verse does not apply to you.

Sin against the Holy Spirit is just like receiving the mark of the Beast or bowing down to his image. Whoever does any of these is forever cursed. No need to waste any effort preaching to them because their fate has already being decided.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by LadyAnn(f): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Is it not this same Holy spirit that Bleeped Mary? grin what kind of holy being does that. Maybe i am missing the point on something bring Holy does it involve sleeping with a 12years old girl?

God knows i am struggling with writing an appropriate response for you gross disrespect for our faith. My spirit has grieved over it immensely.

I have prayed in earnest about what God would have me say about the vile stuff that you posted. I have asked Him for wisdom and guidance so that I would not be offensive in my response to you. I am a sinner, and I am fully aware of it. I pray in repentance daily that God cleanses me from all unrighteousness so that I may be more like Him. I want to be held accountable for my unrighteous actions, and have several Christian brothers who do so.

But, I also do not want to stand still while the world around me, especially people like you, fall completely apart morally.Take heed of Galatians 6:7: “Do not be deceived: God is not mocked; for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.”

When we stand before the Lord some day, we can all count on that. I shall report your post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by EyeHateGod: 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

God knows i am struggling with writing an appropriate response for you gross disrespect for our faith. My spirit has grieved over it immensely.

Am sorry am no Respecter of Once Faith...

I have prayed in earnest about what God would have me say about the vile stuff that you posted. I have asked Him for wisdom and guidance so that I would not be offensive in my response to you. I am a sinner, and I am fully aware of it. I pray in repentance daily that God cleanses me from all unrighteousness so that I may be more like Him. I want to be held accountable for my unrighteous actions, and have several Christian brothers who do so.

Please why don't you save your prayers for those suffering kids in Africa or don't you watch them in News? Some havnt even eaten since morning...

But here is an advice instead of praying why don't you actually use your hands to do something for them instead of wasting time praying to feel self righteous?

We all know prayers can't fly plane..

But, I also do not want to stand still while the world around me, especially people like you, fall completely apart morally.Take heed of Galatians 6:7: “Do not be deceived: God is not mocked; for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.”

When we stand before the Lord some day, we can all count on that. I shall report your post.
Who told you God is not Mocked? Don't you have internet connection
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by LadyAnn(f): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
promisechuks:

Well it’s really pretty simple. “Blasphemy” is something slanderous and/or injurious to one’s good name.

1) Those who continually mock God the father, God the Son and the holy Spiirit....and those who deliberately REFUSE to acknowledge Them even when they know the truth.
What I mean is ..wilful Ignorance, after hearing the truth over and over again is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

The unpardonable sin today is the state of continued unbelief. The Spirit currently convicts the unsaved world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:cool. To resist that conviction and willfully remain unrepentant is to “blaspheme” the Spirit. There is no pardon, either in this age or in the age to come, for a person who rejects the Spirit’s promptings to trust in Jesus Christ and then dies in unbelief. The love of God is evident: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). And the choice is clear: “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him” (John 3:36).
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by jonbellion(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Am sorry am no Respecter of Once Faith...

Please why don't you save your prayers for those suffering kids in Africa or don't you watch them in News? Some havnt even eaten since morning...

But here is an advice instead of praying why don't you actually use your hands to do something for them instead of wasting time praying to feel self righteous?

We all know prayers can't fly plane..

Who told you God is not Mocked? Don't you have internet connection

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by LadyAnn(f): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
jizzus:

I don't believe so my dear. Too many Christians have been stopped right in their tracks after being convinced that they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. In many of those that have sought counsel because they believe or suspected that they had blasphemed the Holy Spirit, NONE of them had actually done so. The very fact that they were even concerned about it was a very good indication that they had no done so. Much of the problem has to do with misunderstands due to poor teaching and some twisted theology.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Six Unique Qualities Of An Eagle – A Challenge To Revived Christians / Everything In The Bible Is Not Different From Science And Maths. See Why!! / The Next Pope Is Gonna Be Da Antichrist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.