Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer (3077 Views)

You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC / How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer / FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by kdfemi(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Please I want to know the complete process I will follow to get my first driver's licence and what I should expect and the cost too
P.s I was home taught on how to drive I didn't go to any driving school, I learnt the rest of the things I need to know online

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by Swaggzkid: 11:17am On Dec 02, 2016
Lalasticlala do d do...
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
So, after driving at home or inside one primary school plus online (maybe through videos or asphalt). You now want to drive physically on Nigerian road ba?
Nawa!

Cc pattybf
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by kdfemi(m): 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
PaperLace:
So, after driving at home or inside one primary school plus online (maybe through videos or asphalt). You now want to drive physically on Nigerian road ba?
Nawa!

Cc pattybf
I have started driving oga, I just don't want police harassment that Is why i want to get my driver's licence

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by nurey(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
kdfemi:
I have started driving oga, I just don't want police harassment that Is why i want to get my driver's licence

The easiest would have been online but don't tow that part because it would be more expensive.

Just budget like 20k (this include bribery and corruption). If location is lagos sha
1. Go the FRSC office, meet an officer and explain your self, let him tell you how much for 3yrs and how much for 6yrs.

2. He would give you a paper to fill, fill well and don't make mistakes (correcting mistakes in Nigerian system is very expensive)

3. You take the filled form to him/her and make payment (he won't charge pass 15k)

4. You then go next day to complete registration and receive the invoice of payment. The rest of the process you do it yourself. You have to bribe Vio during eye TEST AND ROAD EXAM, pay for one booklet and CD.

Please ensure you do VIO test and your finger print details are taken depending on location this takes time. That's my on experience 3years ago

Talk to pattybf on NL if you need one.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by toluleke(m): 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
Mine i have the form for driver licence, learners permit and d driver school form all photocopy Since 8/12/2016. I have not heard from the person that reg me till now does it take so much time i don't trust all this uniform men at all.they said my name isn't out yet. What do i do please. They just gave me the photocopy without any screening at all there were like when my name is out

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by kdfemi(m): 8:06am On Jan 06, 2017
nurey:

The easiest would have been online but don't tow that part because it would be more expensive.

Just budget like 20k (this include bribery and corruption). If location is lagos sha
1. Go the FRSC office, meet an officer and explain your self, let him tell you how much for 3yrs and how much for 6yrs.

2. He would give you a paper to fill, fill well and don't make mistakes (correcting mistakes in Nigerian system is very expensive)

3. You take the filled form to him/her and make payment (he won't charge pass 15k)

4. You then go next day to complete registration and receive the invoice of payment. The rest of the process you do it yourself. You have to bribe Vio during eye TEST AND ROAD EXAM, pay for one booklet and CD.

Please ensure you do VIO test and your finger print details are taken depending on location this takes time. That's my on experience 3years ago

Thanks, I appreciate this
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by toluleke(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2017
nurey:

Mine i have the form for driver licence, learners permit and d driver school form all photocopy Since 8/12/2016. I have not heard from the person that reg me till now does it take so much time i don't trust all this uniform men at all.they said my name isn't out yet. What do i do please. They just gave me the photocopy without any screening at all there were like when my name is out
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by nurey(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2017
toluleke:

After collecting the form from the officer, you will be given a date indicated on the form for you to come for finger print scanning. Nobody will call, sms or email you, you find your date and go there early.
After the scanning and Co, you will be given a temporary drivers license which you will laminate on the spot before leaving the office.

That temporary is for 3months, one week to expiration you go to the office again, if your permanent isn't ready then you photocopy the temporary and they will stamp the photocopy and extend the date. You must continue this process until a time will come when they will say your permanent is available.
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by toluleke(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2017
nurey:

After collecting the form from the officer, you will be given a date indicated on the form for you to come for finger print scanning. Nobody will call, sms or email you, you find your date and go there early.
After the scanning and Co, you will be given a temporary drivers license which you will laminate on the spot before leaving the office.

That temporary is for 3months, one week to expiration you go to the office again, if your permanent isn't ready then you photocopy the temporary and they will stamp the photocopy and extend the date. You must continue this process until a time will come when they will say your permanent is available.
i was told i should wait for the driving school certificate before any other thing. I was given photocopy of learners permit alone.
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by nurey(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
toluleke:
i was told i should wait for the driving school certificate before any other thing. I was given photocopy of learners permit alone.

This doesnt add up, are you sure you asked the guy for drivers license? which learners permit again?
start by giving me this details
1. location of the processing office
2. How much you paid
3. i hope you asked for driver license not learners permit?
4. there was an issue with giving drivers license then but i dont know whether it has been resolved

When you meet with the officer you are suppose to fill one(1) form and and submit passport photograph. When you return next day he will give you a document printed out with your details and processing date and co, the receipt of payment for the online all this are original copy also driving school certificate (the actual amount is 6250 for the 3 years, the egunje is for the driving school and his stress for helping you pay and start the process. in lagos it was 15k flat then, the remaining 5k is for settling vio and co). (this is where his assistance ends) the rest of the process is easy for you

you then photocopy the document and receipt and submit the photocopy in the office take the photocopy doc home. you can use this doc to drive no wahala. When the date for digital processing comes, you go office go do it and receive a temporary drivers license, so the photocopied docs are now useless.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by toluleke(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
nurey:

This doesnt add up, are you sure you asked the guy for drivers license? which learners permit again?
start by giving me this details
1. location of the processing office
2. How much you paid
3. i hope you asked for driver license not learners permit?
4. there was an issue with giving drivers license then but i dont know whether it has been resolved

When you meet with the officer you are suppose to fill one(1) form and and submit passport photograph. When you return next day he will give you a document printed out with your details and processing date and co, the receipt of payment for the online all this are original copy also driving school certificate (the actual amount is 6250 for the 3 years, the egunje is for the driving school and his stress for helping you pay and start the process. in lagos it was 15k flat then, the remaining 5k is for settling vio and co). (this is where his assistance ends) the rest of the process is easy for you

you then photocopy the document and receipt and submit the photocopy in the office take the photocopy doc home. you can use this doc to drive no wahala. When the date for digital processing comes, you go office go do it and receive a temporary drivers license, so the photocopied docs are now useless.
I paid in Ojodu. Pls are you on whatsapp let me send you the documents i was given..please.
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by nurey(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
toluleke:
I paid in Ojodu. Pls are you on whatsapp let me send you the documents i was given..please.

I am on whatsapp but i dont think sending me documents would help. I just gave you a true process you are supposed to follow. But you can still send the documents let me check but find pattybf and tell her the position you currently are. She is the one i know will know if the officer is playing a fast one on you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by pattybf(f): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
nurey:

I am on whatsapp but i dont think sending me documents would help. I just gave you a true process you are supposed to follow. But you can still send the documents let me check but find pattybf and tell her the position you currently are. She is the one i know will know if the officer is playing a fast one on you

I think i'm already talking wt him.

thanks nurey!
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by toluleke(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
nurey:

i have spoken with her. I think am on the right path. Thanks alot. You cleared all my doubt .. thanks so much
Re: How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer by nurey(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
toluleke:
i have spoken with her. I think am on the right path. Thanks alot. You cleared all my doubt .. thanks so much

You are welcome bro

(1) (Reply)

Injectors Cleaning Demystified / Honda Baby Boy And Camry 2000 Pls Advise / 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.