Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat (42939 Views)

Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President / Adama Barrow Wearing Arsenal Jersey (Photos) / Son Of Adama Barrow Killed By Dog (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by classictechbuzz: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
Good for them
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by ichommy(m): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wow wow.
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by trademoore1: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Okwyjesus:

This story just made my day.
Enough of all this democratic mornach in Africa.
I like your caption- democratic monarch.

It is best we keep revolving leadership than Mugabe-lite spread all over Africa

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by JonSnow(m): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Buhari should step down too.
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by sambama: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
herzern1:

Will yhu quyz stop these "Jonathan this Jonathan that"...... What he did is what is expected of a qood leader in sane climes......So I don't think he deserve any form of accolade or unnecessary qlory...

#Peace

And you classify Nigeria as a sane clime? At least you acknowledged that Jonathan is a good leader.

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
TippyTop:
Dr Jonathan set the precedence, kudos to the hero of democracy.
WAKE UP.DID JONATHAN QUIT VOLUNTARILY.WHAT WILL YOU SAY OF THE TYPE NELSON MANDELA WHO WAS LITERARILY BEGGED TO CONTINUE.

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Gassa007: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
herzern1:

Will yhu quyz stop these "Jonathan this Jonathan that"...... What he did is what is expected of a qood leader in sane climes......So I don't think he deserve any form of accolade or unnecessary qlory...

#Peace

Johnny Cash keep singing, sane ko same ni
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
aprokomania:
this is the shocker of the century to me. I never expected him to even conduct elections with opposition candidates, not to talk of conceding defeat.

Hmmmm

It is well
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
TippyTop:

[size=16pt]Nicéphore Soglo beat Mathieu Kérékou in Benin Republic in 1991[/size]
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by sammuell(m): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hope say Mugabe da hear

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Okwyjesus(m): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
trademoore1:

I like your caption- democratic monarch.

It is best we keep revolving leadership than Mugabe-lite spread all over Africa

Yes o my brother. They pretend to be democratic leaders but manipulate the constitution to remain in power for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
hello, am Emmanuel, i make nothing less than 100$ a month online, am an undergraduate, i pay virtually all my bills myself. so if you are a student or aspirant, you can benefit from this. just check this page out. it will guide you on how to make 12$ a day listening to music. that N6,000 if you sell one dollar N500, meanwhile one dollar is 530/$. http:///2gIlKxN
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Believe me that man decided after 22yrs to tow the honorable part after seeing the respect GEJ commands out of the same approach. The man sharp sha, at least he's now the second to make such remarkable history.

Congratulations to the former security guard.

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by busyfishing(m): 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2016
TippyTop:
u mean HERO lager beer?
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by afanide: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
That is a Country where democracy thrives...... Not what we are experirncing here......

Want to start EXPORTATION BUSINESS
(Bitter Kola, Smoked fish, Ginger, Egusi, Cocoa)? Contact me via my signature
below.....
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by ceasare: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
seguno2:
James Ibori was also a former cashier in the UK where he also stole their money before Delta people elected him to continue stealing their money.

The barrow guy too should be watched closely before he too
Becomes another jameeh! They always come as a messiah!
Infact nobody should rule more than 4yrs at any given time
Be it president or governor upto councillor...they always come
With good idea d 1st tenure afterwards na tyranny and blatant
Stealing.....for there generation which God haven't created

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by blackprowler: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
kITATITA:

[size=16pt]Nicéphore Soglo beat Mathieu Kérékou in Benin Republic in 1991[/size]

Don't mind these yeye people. Nigeria has not been a leader in any sense in Africa; we have been a disgrace instead
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Seriousboy: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
If Nigerians can rise up like we did to NCC and Telecom, to hold our leaders both in the states and federal (President, Governors,ministers/minitries, Lawmakers and Companies) full time accountable. We will archieve the positive change. And not the change of political parties with the same looters cross carpeting without visions.

#SERIOUSMINDED
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Birds of the same feathers
Birds of a feather grin
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by forexbinary: 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
aprokomania:

no vex bros
I still collect FTC
choi
I'm on a roll today

Bro calm down!

FTC get levels biko. You made FTC on a Gambian thread and you are jubilating.

When you hit FTC on a snake thread, Olajumoke, Tonto Dike or Emmanuella thread, then you are hailed. cool
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by jahsharon: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
TippyTop:

You have very small sense, I think you have one functional sense organs out of the five that normal humans have. Now, let us see if Yahya Jammeh stole as much as Jonathan and his gang of thieves.

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by passyhansome(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
SunnyBlaze1:
Such is life....

Are you for real.......

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by seguno2: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
ceasare:
The barrow guy too should be watched closely before he too
Becomes another jameeh! They always come as a messiah!
Infact nobody should rule more than 4yrs at any given time
Be it president or governor upto councillor...they always come
With good idea d 1st tenure afterwards na tyranny and blatant
Stealing.....for there generation which God haven't created

Maybe they steal because we allow them to.
Are you saying that we should allow them steal our money for four years and replace them with another thief?
Should we not be responsible citizens to be vigilant enough so our money is not stolen?
Do the presidents and prime ministers of the oyinbo places we run to also serve for just one term?
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by checkolatunji: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
TippyTop:

I agree with you 100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by SpencerLewis(m): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
TippyTop:
Stop misinforming the public. yes, GEJ our man conceded defeat, but he was never the 1st to do it in Africa, neither is he the 2nd, the 3rd, nor the 4th to concede defeat. I remembered vividly in late 1991 presidential election in neighbouring tiny African country of Benin republic that the then incumbent gen. Matheiu Kerekou conceded defeat ruling for 2 decades as a Marxist to Soglo. that is how it is supposed to be in normal climes.

2 Likes

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by SpencerLewis(m): 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Ha

So, two things were learned from Nigeria grin grin

How to concede defeat in African Politics like Oga Jona

And how to merge parties to win like APC grin
Stop misinforming the gullible public biko. They learnt nothing from Nigeria. In late 1991 (may be u were not born by then) Benin rep incubent president Gen. Matheiu Kerekou conceded defeat to civilian Soglo and in 2002 presidential election in Kenya opposition parties coalesce together to form Orange democratic Change (ODM) to elect Moi Kibaki against the Uhuru Kenyatta who was the candidate of the ruling party known as KANU party.

2 Likes

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by VickyRotex(f): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
This is indeed a year of "The Underdog"

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by esosuo2: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
Chai for dis modern life na marble in a drum dem take dey do election gambia doing to d days of kalokalo ,I hope d new presido got better tins in stock
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by QuietHammer(m): 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
ogologoamu:

Haters of truth will not like this
Are you saying no African leader coceaded defeat before Jonathan or what? Why are you guys so slow?

1 Like

Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by bencarson007(m): 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
herzern1:

#Peace

Jonathan deserves it
Like you said,he did what was expected of a good leader...
That tells you he is the only good leader Nigeria and indeed to a large extent Africa and also the world has produced.

Has any of our past leaders ever done what GEJ did ?

He set a standard for people like ex-Gambia president and his likes to follow...

Haba say something good about this man for once!

#Respects
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by bencarson007(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
jahsharon:

You have very small sense, I think you have one functional sense organs out of the five that normal humans have. Now, let us see if Yahya Jammeh stole as much as Jonathan and his gang of thieves.

Provide your evidence that Jona stole...
Have you ever heard that Jona had houses abroad or any foreign accounts...
Do you know they have not been able to trace any laundered money to him...

Do you know that all his kids schooled in Nigeria contrary to the children of ur current president...

Were you having the kind of hardship u have now under GEJ

Please respect GEJ small because you have no idea who he is and what he did for the country.

Give me evidence he stole and I will forever keep quiet.

#peace
Re: Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
aprokomania:

cool

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) / Trump's Ban Affected One Of His Supporters (Photos) / Sri Lanka Citizens Take Over President’s Residence After Overthrowing Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.