Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,573 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi (27501 Views)

Meet Oyeyemi Halima: 25-Year-Old LGA Councilor In Osun State (Photos) / Oluwo Of Iwo Offers To Bear Buhari’s Sickness, Says President Deserves 8 Years / Cash And Firearms Recovered From Justice Ademola Tendered In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by hero2000: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
This is a very welcome development. This FRSC boss is thinking.

Good strategy!

And for those condemning it: If your brother had been killed by a lawless driver, you would have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
teebell999:

I have been to 3 European countries US inclusive, all their traffic police are armed with Pistols. Why would it be a taboo in our dear country?
Note: Any unemployed graduate today can join their organisation tomorrow.

So why did they refuse to merge with the nigerian police about 3-5 years ago when the FG tried to merge them Thank God you mentioned traffic POLICE. Well frsc are not police. That's the difference.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
hero2000:
This is a very welcome development. This FRSC boss is thinking.

Good strategy!

And for those condemning it: If your brother had been killed by a lawless driver, you would have a rethink.
When a car hits an frsc official. He would be battling for his life, and wont have time to cork a gun. Now who are is colleaugues going to shoot? The innocent passengers in the fleeing vehicles
Its the work of the police to arrest such people and not the FRSC.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by kingdenny(m): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
datopaper:
my brother, if u dey road, as frsc dey. U go think alike. You read am, say 70 people died among them but I no concern you ability, I no, maybe if 2 or 1 of them nay your person, maybe u go think alike.

Am just saying.

Civil orderliness is what we need. Before you come for me. Remember, I am not frsc or their boss. I don't know anybody there.

If one or two people related to u have died due to police recklessness, believe me you would think alike also
In civilised countries, policemen dont carry gun about like we are in a war zone.
Lets watch them arm them, sooner you will also begin to hear of death from frsc rifles on civilians
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by ShootToKill: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
harrison1234:
my
its high time i am a road safety personnel and i will till you we are nothing like the police if only you can reason with us will you will never have a problem, Road users here can testify with me have you ever had your papers complete and road safety wont let you go? unlike our sister agency the police but u will agree with me that alot of violent people will prefer to speed off rather than stop for you and we are not in the habit of going after someone in other to prevent accident, as a personnel i have been told i will be killed on the road several times by people i dont even know, i have been insulted and told how stupid i am by people am only trying to help, i have been mobbed just because the only weapon i have is my word and uniform, dont get me wrong there is a joy in doing this work when you rescue an accident victim or when you give a motorist an advice that will save his life there is this inner peace you get and that alone keeps me going. if i was not a personnel i will also be sounding like you all and personally i dont support guns in road safety but alot of personnel has died because a driver wants to be smart because he cant see a gun and you cant imagin how a nigerian will talk to you on uniform if you dont have a gun he sees you as a disturbance but i can assure you that road safety personnel wont be shooting anyhow or even put a gun at you if you can only do the right thing..............i once met a white lady being rude to me on the road because she thinks all i want to do was to extort money from her cos her nigerian husband told her so and i had to remind her that she wont act like this in her home country . so please we should all reason before we act

What papers do road safety have the right to ask for apart from Driver's license. Please we want to learn.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by hero2000: 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
lezz:
Violently corrupt. They manufacture offence on the spot.

Can't explain how vexatious it is while driving for nearly 4 hours in the high way and you come to a bad section of the road and you see the FRSC men besieging the road and pulling you to a side asking you to produce your driver's licence, then upon getting hold of it, the ask you to step on the breaks for break lights and order you to put on the pointer lights.

After those, they ask you to show them your spare tyre and fire extinguisher and they proceed to check their expiration dates. Loooooooolz, mad men.

All these are done without any reason other than the little voices in thier head. So why would I ever stop for an FRSC when my car is faultless and I am driving within the approved speed limits?

They seriously need the gun to compel egoistic people like you to respect the fellow man.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by hero2000: 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
shinarambo1:

When a car hits an frsc official. He would be battling for his life, and wont have time to cork a gun. Now who are is colleaugues going to shoot? The innocent passengers in the fleeing vehicles
Its the work of the police to arrest such people and not the FRSC.

Even policemen who are armed are sometimes still hit by motorists. But if you do that you had better in a Ferrari or a bullet proof vehicle. The point is: having guns deters just any idiot from hitting them.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by hero2000: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
delishpot:

That is why you need a traffic police officer to work with you. You are not a crime fighting squad. So, how many FRSC officers have been killed while checking drivers license? Howmany havebbeen shot on aczive duty? How many die on active duty compared to police men? The moment you start carrying guns, that is the moment you become marked by criminal road users.
Guns would not save you, guns would mark you as a potential enemy.
If not for the fact that naija is a jagajaga country, simply taking down the car number and color you could report to the police and they take up the mater from their. But naija government like to solve problem from bottom up. They build a house before buying the land on which the house would sit

The answer is 70 in 2016 just if you didn't see it clearly.

Putting a system right is by wailing and complaining. You were right in saying that in more developed societies, they would just take down the number and the police take it from there. But we are not there yet. I don't think we will be in the next 10 yrs. So for our level of development, this is a step in the right direction.

What do you want an official of FRSC to do when 30 vehicles face on coming vehicles? Tell me. He asks them to stop but they wouldn't. So he should go to babalawo to collect do-as-I-say medicine!

If government won't arm them, or won't provide a system where people who commit traffic offenses can be gotten easily(which I am sure we can't do yet) they should just scrap the organization. Enough of exposing them to needless danger!
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by naija247: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
NYSC sef suppose carry gun, abi dem no dey kill coppers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by lukency(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
Na arms they hungry them to carry; oya! merge them with the police.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by kolaaderin: 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
The safety in the acronym should be removed fast. They have failed to acknowledge the purpose of the establishment.

I suggest they should replace the safety with dangerous.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Anusiemgood(m): 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
teebell999:
I don't understand why we Nigerians will know d truth and refuse to say it. According to their boss, He said about 70 personnel were lost ONLY IN 2016 due to drivers' recklessness and wickedness.
Are these 70 personnel animals? Imagine the psychological trauma their families will be undergoing for loosing their loved ones, or may be their breadwinner.
I also had a friend who happened to be one of the 70 lost officers of FRSC.
Do we expect their boss or the FG to fold their arms while these people keep dieing like fouls?
It's we Nigerians (motorists) that need to check ourselves and do the right thing.
I have been to 3 European countries US inclusive, all their traffic police are armed with Pistols. Why would it be a taboo in our dear country?
Note: Any unemployed graduate today can join their organisation tomorrow.

Leave idiots to talk nonsensense..am strongly in support of giving them arms..majority of our roads users are fools..if u behave ur self well,nobodu will insult you,put ur vehicles in order...The need to safegaurd themselves..
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Ziyadah(f): 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Are u sure it's a good news?
Even the nigerian police hav nt learned d basics of handling d "arm"
Nw dey gave anoda unstable body d "go" to handle wat dey clearly won't know how to handle hereby putting d citizens in a double barrel danger
We are stl lamenting on Hw police makes grave mistakes wt der arm...nw d FRSC? Wc most of der personnel clearly av anger problem
In fact! wats d use of d constitution if we dnt follow it, we were tot dat d law of d land only let d army legitimately hold d "arm" and police (only on rare occasions) coz dey are meant to retain peace and quiet friends of d citizens...nw FRSC? Small tym na dem go dey compare dersev wt America, a state of 240 yrs..(is dz aw dey handle der own road safety?) giving arms to someone dat is suppose to retain safety? And wat wud dey b doing wt d arm? Threatening? And mistakenly shooting an innocent citizen? C most of dem are nt evn duly trained for d job, let aside knwing aw to take control
Nigerians shud watch out for more unnecessary killings frm dz guys
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Abagworo(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
Emekamex:
It seems this government is looking for every possible way to punish Nigerians. We are still feeling the effects of the abuse of power by the police, army and civil defence, then comes another obstacle with gun wielding civil defense.
One has to ask why there is still rise in crime and accidents with these several government agencies.

Civil defence is the worst.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Finelatty: 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
Does that mean that they can now start shooting motorist for any misconduct..everybody is now armed,.boys scout and M.o.d loading...
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by billyG(m): 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
Shay dem need d guns to kill aparo abi
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by delishpot: 12:46am On Dec 04, 2016
hero2000:

The answer is 70 in 2016 just if you didn't see it clearly.

Putting a system right is by wailing and complaining. You were right in saying that in more developed societies, they would just take down the number and the police take it from there. But we are not there yet. I don't think we will be in the next 10 yrs. So for our level of development, this is a step in the right direction.

What do you want an official of FRSC to do when 30 vehicles face on coming vehicles? Tell me. He asks them to stop but they wouldn't. So he should go to babalawo to collect do-as-I-say medicine!

If government won't arm them, or won't provide a system where people who commit traffic offenses can be gotten easily(which I am sure we can't do yet) they should just scrap the organization. Enough of exposing them to needless danger!

So the answer to that problem in your opinion is to give them guns to shoot at anyone who refuses to stop. So you support the upside down ways of our government?
grin grin grin grin Nigerians, I don tire for una o. Abeg, I can't shout Biko.
I guess the nextbszep would be to arm civilians to shoot any truck, bus, keke driver that drives carelessly as many civilians have also died on the road. After all when they enter buses they may be faced with one chance guys, how do we expect them to survive? If govt can't stop one chance, let them arm passengers.
Yes let them scrap FRSC make we rest. Instead of arming them. Nigerian officers lack proper self control.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by harrison1234(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2016
road safety is bond by law to make sure that every road user is safe that is why the ask for your licence to make sure you are a trained driver and also check your car to make sure it is safe to drive, everything the personnel checks is very important like that of light, have you been travelling at night and you see a car with one light sometimes you think its a bike and this can cos a serious head collusion or car without light in a high way on a top speed and if you ask he will say he has been driving for years even before you are born nothing will happen my people i pledge to keep the road safe at any cost because i too have relatives using the road and their safety is my pride this is a welcome development and now i can do my job better .......................NIGERIAN ROAD MUST BE SAFE!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by teebell999(m): 10:28am On Dec 04, 2016
shinarambo1:

So why did they refuse to merge with the nigerian police about 3-5 years ago when the FG tried to merge them Thank God you mentioned traffic POLICE. Well frsc are not police. That's the difference.

FRSC, Civil Defense, Customs, Immigration, Prisons are all arms of Nigerian Police with different duties.
I am not here for any childish argument cos I have already made my points. Our arguments here can't stop the FG from doing its wish, I mean arming FRSC.
Listen to yourself, is it possible for FG to say they want to merge FRSC with police and they will refuse? Who born FRSC?
I think I am tired talking to an under age cos your points are childish.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by teebell999(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2016
delishpot:

So the answer to that problem in your opinion is to give them guns to shoot at anyone who refuses to stop. So you support the upside down ways of our government?
grin grin grin grin Nigerians, I don tire for una o. Abeg, I can't shout Biko.
I guess the nextbszep would be to arm civilians to shoot any truck, bus, keke driver that drives carelessly as many civilians have also died on the road. After all when they enter buses they may be faced with one chance guys, how do we expect them to survive? If govt can't stop one chance, let them arm passengers.
Yes let them scrap FRSC make we rest. Instead of arming them. Nigerian officers lack proper self control.

If they scrap them, do you have jobs for them? Bad Belle is what is killing us in Nigeria.
The guns they are giving them is not meant for shooting erring drivers or motorists, but for self defense against mob attacks and to protect themselves against wilful acts of killings by wicked drivers like you!!
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 11:10am On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:
the next one is to give lastma firearms. what a crazed country. as old as all the idiots heading the various law enforcement agencies, none of them could think of attaching a few policemen to the frsc operatives? this is just grossly irritating. is it until these mentally incapacitated individuals carrying guns in the name of frsc kill all nigerians b4 someone will reverse such an order?
i see how frsc guys operate, they stop vehicles at random big o small o fine o ugly o, delay them with paper checking, we all know it ends in settlement. fucking corrupt bastarrds

Funnily, when any of these agencies open their portal for ecruitment "mentally incapacitated" people of your kind will crash their sites trying to apply. Just imagine that your relative happened to be one of those 70 personnel that were killed this year. Do unto others as you would want them to do to you.
And lastly, because internet is free doesn't guarantee you to insult people as their are still good people in these organizations Thank you.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 11:14am On Dec 04, 2016
sakbio:

It is over due, it is a good development cos the embarrassment these people is too much, for instance there was an incident that happen in Osun, they arrested some vehicles for overloading and the motorists went back to their garage and mobilize themselves that they want to go and teach the FRSC lesson cos they know that they don't ave anything to defend themselves and they went damage most of their vehicles and those arrested from motorists and most of the staff sustained different degree of injuries. Kudos to their boss for the courage action, u can't call urself a security agency that can't defence itself, wat are u secure?. It is a very good developmet

Never knew reasonable people like you are still on Nairaland. God bless you bro
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

Funnily, when any of these agencies open their portal for ecruitment "mentally incapacitated" people of your kind will crash their sites trying to apply. Just imagine that your relative happened to be one of those 70 personnel that were killed this year. Do unto others as you would want them to do to you.
And lastly, because internet is free doesn't guarantee you to insult people as their are still good people in these organizations Thank you.
guess its obvious something is really wrong with u in ur head. ull tell me whether my post affected any of ur family members or whether i called any of ur family members mentally incapacitated. u cant just come with an insult and leave with a thank u, hell no. u cant eat ur cake and have it dummy
since u empathise with them let me make it easy for u. so the mentally unstable trigger happy policemen that shoot at people and call it accidental discharge are ur relatives right? or are u related to the frsc offical that harrassed a lady thinking she had incomplete papers then when she tried taking his pictures he slapped the phone fone off her hands and started insulting her? is it this kind of person ull be glad to have a gun handed over to? maybe its ur family thats filled with mentally incapacitated lots
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2016
BabaO2:

What skill and training set do they have to be carrying firearms? They are useless and shameless able body men. They should be merged with police.

Won't they be trained? Even the police and army that bear arms weren't they trained? This recession has really affected some people's brain oh. Senseless posts every page you open these days. May God help us
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

Won't they be trained? Even the police and army that bear arms weren't they trained? This recession has really affected some people's brain oh. Senseless posts every page you open these days. May God help us
its ur brain dats not working na, the useless training that police got is what made a drunk policeman shoot at a nairalander while he was in his car. the shatterred glass penetrated his skin. the same trainned police officials came to their facebook page to deny that a bullet didnt hit the guy.
u need to debug ur brain
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat guy u think u are so mentally sound that other persons are talking trash right? i dont think so, u need to see how ur trainned police officials were struggling to cork their guns at an unarmed brt driver in a broken down brt bus just because he evaded arrest after being flagged for passing the lane meant for the blue brt buses. please tell me, which type of training taught them the next best thing to do inorder to apprehend an unarmed individual stuck in his bus is to start corking guns like they wana kill him?
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat u are just one daft coward animal . u come here forming all smart raining insults u now cowardly runaway with ur tail inbetween ur legs
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2016
lezz:
I actually saw the wooden guns last year in thier sector commands while doing inventory for them but I silently prayed it never come to fruition.

These people are corruption personified.

Kpele Mr. Integrity!
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by lezz(m): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

Kpele Mr. Integrity!
What has integrity got to do with it, Mr. Sacarsm?
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 11:48am On Dec 04, 2016
ShootToKill:

What papers do road safety have the right to ask for apart from Driver's license. Please we want to learn.

Google FRSC Establishment Act 2007 and National Road Traffic Regulation Act 2012. I hope these will help.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2016
imagine the carnage these mad men called frsc will cause with the guns given to them

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:

guess its obvious something is really wrong with u in ur head. ull tell me whether my post affected any of ur family members or whether i called any of ur family members mentally incapacitated. u cant just come with an insult and leave with a thank u, hell no. u cant eat ur cake and have it dummy
since u empathise with them let me make it easy for u. so the mentally unstable trigger happy policemen that shoot at people and call it accidental discharge are ur relatives right? or are u related to the frsc offical that harrassed a lady thinking she had incomplete papers then when she tried taking his pictures he slapped the phone fone off her hands and started insulting her? is it this kind of person ull be glad to have a gun handed over to? maybe its ur family thats filled with mentally incapacitated lots

They need arms to deal with "mentally incapacitated" people like you on the road. I owe no apology for using that word cos I borrowed it from you. How can a responsible citizen call FRSC personnel mentally incapacitated? They are human being for God sake, they are peoples husbands, brothers, sisters. I don't even have time but pleáse criticize constructively whenever issues like these are up for debate better keep quite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Campaign Rally Held Today By Lagos State Gorvernor Akinwunmi Ambode And APC Memb / Alao-Akala: Seyi Makinde Mourns, Orders Flags To Fly At Half-Mast / Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.