Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Opening A Chain Of Shops - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opening A Chain Of Shops (2089 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Need To Get On The Supply Chain Of A Nigerian Food Exporter To U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening A Chain Of Shops by ezeking(m): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2007
A british friend of mine wants to open a chain of shops that deals on leather gears like shoes, belts, wallets, jackets everything leather. Said I should help him identify if there are markets here and if he can collaborate with Nigeria banks to pull it off. I dont know if that is possible here so I need a candid advice from my friends at Nairaland.
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2007
Business Tips For Your British Friend:
1) "If you don't have the skills to run a chain of shops in the UK, you can't run one in Nigeria."
2) "Every chain of shops starts with just one shop. If that one succeeds, then you can think of expansion."
3) "Excellent Customer service and consistent pricing are the ways to differentiate your shop in Nigeria."
4) "You will have to live in Nigeria and monitor your shops closely to avoid losing your investment."
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by Tornadoz(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2007
Well said Seun.
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by akara(m): 9:55am On Mar 31, 2007
grin

Another question: A chain shops selling leather goods is ok in the west but is it profitable in Niger? You probably have to cater for a certain class.

grin
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by SOJ(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2007
excellent post,Seun.
akara:

grin

Another question: A chain shops selling leather goods is ok in the west but is it profitable in Niger? You probably have to cater for a certain class.

grin

Nah, every one needs leather goods one way or d other,it just depends on where and how u market it.It will take ingenuity and creative marketing to pull it thru and make it a hit.Ofcourse its profitable in Niger.
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by uche77zero(m): 9:49am On Apr 03, 2007
i am aleather technology
i tell you the truth synthetics are taking the palce in nigeria
that left is taken by teh second hand market
trust me iam an expert
uche
hnd leather tech
pgd business admin
fate graduate
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by dafidixone(m): 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2007
Starting a chain shop will depend on the resources you intend to commit into it. However, I will like to inform you that there is great market for leather productsd in Nigeria. I will be willing to work with you in planning a model on this.
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by MAYORIN1(m): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2007
Starting a chain shop in Nigeria ain't any stress - once the capital is available.

But I will advise you carry out a through feasibility study to get to understand the technique involve in, the environment and the customers (what they want)

Above all the environment matters alot; you can't open a leather shop in AJ or Ojuelagba where the people are looking for where to get their next meal from and expect to break even. You need to go to where the people have spilled over for what you sell and fancy it.

On a second thought are Nigerian really leather crazy.

Good luck to ya friend cheesy
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by lilvonz(m): 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2007
Make sure you get a good enviroment for the business
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by taj: 12:09am On Apr 05, 2007
Lather goods, I don't think leather jacket sha!
Re: Opening A Chain Of Shops by freelance(m): 9:27am On Apr 05, 2007
@ Seun
That was well said wink

So far your prices are very good and also your stuffs are of very high quality then you are good to go.

Like seun said, Take it a step at a time and start with just a shope and then you expand gradually.

You will succeed!!!

Godspeed!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / Withdraw Money Via Baxibox / Please Where Can I Get Keke Via Hire Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.