Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You (20831 Views)

Favour Adenuga & Goodnews Johnson, First Class Students In Medicine, ABU Zaria / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike / Jamb Releases 32 New Policies For This Year’s Admission | Jamb 2017jamb Releases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Tlake(m): 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
You don't have to stay at home contact me on 08063520194 for alternative on admission this year
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by gz: 11:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
Why not write A level CIE. which you can use as DE into 200 level and better still go to the UK or Canada. If you have the financial backing. Or try leedsbradford college. Their academic counsellor is very experienced. They are located at 112 road at festac town.
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by olanshile2016(m): 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
solidman59:

Op you should enrol for English language classes

On my way tongue
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by MuyiRano(m): 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
edudguy:
I agree with No. 1 people believe that if one does not into Uni I'll keep on trying till thy kingdom come..sure, there's discrimination if one attends poly but its better not to put all your eggs in one basket...attend Poly for two years..if you have a good grade purchase the Direct Entry form to go to University

Moreover people who purchase the Direct Entry form are not as much as people who write JAMB every year so its a very big advantage so there's probability of people getting admitted through DE

Just get at least an Upper Credit in your OND and have a good score in the exam that will be done in the Institution (that is if there will be any exam..most Unis don't conduct exam jutsubmit your file and wait for admission list of your choice and you'll be good to go

You'll start from 200l instead of 100l if you are admitted through DE

But, you'll still see someone that will snap his fingers and say : God forbid me go to
Poly..... I just dey look the person...house never tire you

I'm in uni today thanks to the point I had during my OND den. afta uni denied me admission I had no choice dan to apply for poly. tho I wasted a year for waiting thinking dat I will still be admitted wen d said poly has offered me admission & by time d last lists was released at d said uni abj & my name wasn't dier even wen I scored above dier cut off mark I knew I would find it difficult to cope at d poly cos I've already missed like 3 months of lectures. I re-applied d followin year, got admitted & had my upper credit.. Cos I kno dat's my only chance if I still want to go to uni...
I'm still thankin God today dat I achieved dat. I applied to uni through DE & got admission..

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by justman911(m): 1:16am On Dec 04, 2016
emtti1:
JAMB really jam people ooo. The rate of failure this days too high

Pass or fail, it's all about who know now. Saw a bro with 273 and 5 distinctions in Waec 2013, still no show, while lesser scorers were flexing his school admission list. grin
Felt so sorry for him.
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by justman911(m): 1:23am On Dec 04, 2016
Chrisrare:
Getting admission in a nigerian uni is not hard at all. Just dat students of nowadays always misplace their priorities. They spend more time on irrelevant stuffs like social media instead of reading their books. To d serious students, dont be fazed, just read well and admission will come luking for u.

Bro..... not always. Maybe you misplaced your priorities. You should have urged them to spend more time trying to know lecturers and other uni staff (i will not add an S grin).
What will you tell someone who had to give up all distractions, smash 273 and only watch peeps he did better than get admitted? Please help, I'm out of inspirational speeches right now.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by tosyne2much(m): 1:54am On Dec 04, 2016
Chrisrare:
If he scores high in jamb, d skul's post ume and beats d skul's cut off mark for his course, den he'll surely be admitted.
Go and sit down jawe.. . As if you didn't grow up in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by SmartJobs(m): 4:20am On Dec 04, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

[size=16pt] MMM [/size] is life

Tah
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by indianacole: 4:36am On Dec 04, 2016
Have interest in studying in India?
If yes...
For more information feel free to contact me on +918951912410 call/what'sapp
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by edudguy(m): 5:23am On Dec 04, 2016
MuyiRano:

I'm in uni today thanks to the point I had during my OND den. afta uni denied me admission I had no choice dan to apply for poly. tho I wasted a year for waiting thinking dat I will still be admitted wen d said poly has offered me admission & by time d last lists was released at d said uni abj & my name wasn't dier even wen I scored above dier cut off mark I knew I would find it difficult to cope at d poly cos I've already missed like 3 months of lectures. I re-applied d followin year, got admitted & had my upper credit.. Cos I kno dat's my only chance if I still want to go to uni...
I'm still thankin God today dat I achieved dat. I applied to uni through DE & got admission..
I am also in Uni (Through DE) I am in 300l now..Though the school released the admission list very late(February of this year when exam was March) We all found it a little bit difficult to cope but everything stabilized second semester

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Emeonyerichard(m): 6:45am On Dec 04, 2016
ItsBolaji:
Please does anyone have any idea of admission requirements and cost in any of these countries
1) South Korea
2) Ukraine
3) Kenya.

And which would u advice for medicine...
I no of ukraine... Sumy uni in particular...am also doin medicine dia..
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Prectega(m): 6:47am On Dec 04, 2016
Young03:
u better go learn handi work oo

I de chop from that
embarassed
Young03:
u better go learn handi work oo

I de chop from that
must everyone be like you
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2016
Chrisrare:
Getting admission in a nigerian uni is not hard at all. Just dat students of nowadays always misplace their priorities. They spend more time on irrelevant stuffs like social media instead of reading their books. To d serious students, dont be fazed, just read well and admission will come luking for u.
Absolutely true. I remember my first jamb I wrote when I was in sss2. I wrote it for fun, jamb gave me a funny score. I remembered how I murmured about that, I kept consoling myself that jamb was dubious and fraudulent. The second jamb I read like mad, imagine reading one textbook like 50 to 100 times for each topic o. I scored 280 and laughed same with my post utme .
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by ritababe(f): 7:18am On Dec 04, 2016
tosyne2much:
Go and sit down jawe.. . As if you didn't grow up in this country

I wonder oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2016
My advise is ACQUIRE A SKILL.
We are past the educational revolution, we are now in the SKILL/ENTERTAINMENT revolution. Get that skill now, write your JAMB next year and you will never regret you did

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by macapie20(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2016
ItsBolaji:
Please does anyone have any idea of admission requirements and cost in any of these countries
1) South Korea
2) Ukraine
3) Kenya.

Go to ukraine only if u can cope with em racist. As for the cost, simply google it
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Eazie351(m): 7:35am On Dec 04, 2016
To ‘em lautech aspirants, consider ursef in dz grp too....abi admission af favour yhu yet?
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Handsomecole(m): 7:52am On Dec 04, 2016
Seriously the problem with some of these jambites to me is "ego" or/and lack of patience.
I for one wrote jamb just once and it didn't favour me, I quickly sort for admission in a college of education around, while still writing jamb (which I wrote just once) when I got to level two I had already gotten used to the schl environment and learnt how to cope with the inferiority complex, and I gave it my best It wasn't easy but I managed to keep my head up fast forward the 3years came to and end I finished with a distinction, the next year I applied for direct entry in the University and got admitted into part two to the glory of God I an graduate of OAU Ile-Ife. Some of my mates that refused to join me are still writing jamb till now, while I've already bagged two certificates in the space of 6 years.
Life is all about choices anyway and it depends on God almighty. "Patience" and "humility" are key to success.

Godbless all Jambites.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Handsomecole(m): 7:56am On Dec 04, 2016
Same with me too Bro.

Seriously the problem with some of these jambites to me is "ego" or/and lack of patience.
I for one wrote jamb just once and it didn't favour me, I quickly sort for admission in a college of education around, while still writing jamb (which I wrote just once) when I got to level two I had already gotten used to the schl environment and learnt how to cope with the inferiority complex, and I gave it my best It wasn't easy but I managed to keep my head up fast forward the 3years came to and end I finished with a distinction, the next year I applied for direct entry in the University and got admitted into part two to the glory of God I an graduate of OAU Ile-Ife. Some of my mates that refused to join me are still writing jamb till now, while I've already bagged two certificates in the space of 6 years.
Life is all about choices anyway and it depends on God almighty. "Patience" and "humility" are key to success.

Godbless all Jambites.
edudguy:
I am also in Uni (Through DE) I am in 300l now..Though the school released the admission list very late(February of this year when exam was March) We all found it a little bit difficult to cope but everything stabilized second semester

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2016
Chrisrare:
If he scores high in jamb, d skul's post ume and beats d skul's cut off mark for his course, den he'll surely be admitted.

Wait, did you write 'surely'

When I got admission into the university many years ago, I later got to meet a classmate who got zero(and I mean ZERO!) in post jamb and she still got admitted.

Guess what, the course we were admitted to read was Law. You know how many thousands of people apply for law every year and how many of them absolutely smash jamb and post jamb with good Waec results to boot....yet someone with zero in P.J is admitted over those with better results just because she has deep connections.

What about the cachment area system? You have a Segun from Osun who reads, struggles and scores 280 in jamb, scores 78 in Post jamb, has a good O'level result and applies for Law. You also have a Memunatu from one village in Taraba who has significantly poorer results comparatively, but because the Cachment area system is designed to favor people from the so called 'educationally disadvantaged' areas, she gets admitted while Segun loses out and is left to lick his wounds.

Truth is, gaining admission into a Nigerian university most times is much more than just reading and getting good results.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by edudguy(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2016
Handsomecole:
Same with me too Bro.

Godbless all Jambites.
Yeah.... Guy, you are so on point people believe if uts nor Jamb it can't be any other way thats why every year the number of people that write Jamb and Post Ume is very high if Uni does not give you admission try another way but no... and the best part is that the competition is not like in Post Ume where you'll see like 5000 applying in one department....Just three years and people will be like : you wey just enter when you finish?
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Abimloaded(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2016
Chrisrare:
No wonder a candidate of OAU got 48.6% and was admitted on merit while someone with 67% is yet to be offered an admission.
It's no longer by merit in Nigeria, it's by WHOM YOU KNOW.
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Topmaike007(m): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bobbysmart6:
@were?
Lagos
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by wroskian(m): 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
adeaks:

Wait, did you write 'surely'

When I got admission into the university many years ago, I later got to meet a classmate who got zero(and I mean ZERO!) in post jamb and she still got admitted.

Guess what, the course we were admitted to read was Law. You know how many thousands of people apply for law every year and how many of them absolutely smash jamb and post jamb with good Waec results to boot....yet someone with zero in P.J is admitted over those with better results just because she has deep connections.

What about the cachment area system? You have a Segun from Osun who reads, struggles and scores 280 in jamb, scores 78 in Post jamb, has a good O'level result and applies for Law. You also have a Memunatu from one village in Taraba who has significantly poorer results comparatively, but because the Cachment area system is designed to favor people from the so called 'educationally disadvantaged' areas, she gets admitted while Segun loses out and is left to lick his wounds.

Truth is, gaining admission into a Nigerian university most times is much more than just reading and getting good results.
You just raised a valid point there Adeaks.

We also have Federal Character used to (by my assumption) "inadvertently" weed out bright minds during recruitment into government establishments. If every tribe and geopolitical zone must be carried along, better means should be devised. It's really senseless to keep sacrificing competence on the altar of mediocrity and nepotism. It would rather take us 5 steps backwards for every step we take forward than ensure our "unity."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Yishah(f): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
Just do what you think you ought to...
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by SlimHan(f): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
I would suggest ukraine or South Korea. I can help you with the procedure on how to get admission into SK schools all by yourself.
Note: Admission for spring semester already started so be fast with your decisions. BTW all will be done by you not me. All for free. don't need your money before some nairalander will start shouting "scammer"
ItsBolaji:
1) South Korea
2) Ukraine
3) Kenya.

Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by MrMacinterchi1: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
grobespender:
1.Try learninga new language preferably german or Chinese you can never know where learninga foreign language can take you to
2.enroll in a good computer school and try learningthe basics of programming

Confucius institute is a great one for Chinese Education .
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
If you are interested in IT, Start learning any programming language.

You can start with Python. Its easy. Use youtube or just download the materials online.
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by ItsBolaji: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
SlimHan:
I would suggest ukraine or South Korea. I can help you with the procedure on how to get admission into SK schools all by yourself.
Note: Admission for spring semester already started so be fast with your decisions. BTW all will be done by you not me. All for free. don't need your money before some nairalander will start shouting "scammer"
please mail me ur digits datbolaji@gmail.com thanks!
Re: 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You by ItsBolaji: 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Emeonyerichard:
I no of ukraine... Sumy uni in particular...am also doin medicine dia..
brother if u are on whatsapp mail ur num to datbolaji@gmail.com thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hijab: Aisha AbdulAleem Drags Ogun Government To Court, Demands N1m / The Inside, Untold Story Of The 2017 JAMB Examination, By Reuben Abati / UPDATED: How Any Student Can Make Money Writing Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.