Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (54893 Views)

Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? / Without God, Your Life Is Empty For God Is Life / A World Without God And Death of Civilization! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
Anas09:

Oh!!!, Thanks for the info.

No problem . So did you attend the program ?
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Anas09: 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No problem . So did you attend the program ?
From start to finish. Drank in every word that was spoken there. Am still basking in the Spirit.

I hope you at least streamed in?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
Anas09:

From start to finish. Drank in every word that was spoken there. Am still basking in the Spirit.

I hope you at least streamed in?

I'm a Lord's Chosen member dear , I'm fine wink

smiley
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:35am On Dec 11, 2016
cc : lalasticlala , mynd44
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
cc : lalasticlala , mynd44
More contributions please
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by dalaman: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

More contributions please

How much did you contribute to your pastor today?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by hahn(m): 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
dalaman:

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Anas09: 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm a Lord's Chosen member dear , I'm fine wink

smiley
No shakes man. Plenty people wey no he Winners been dey follow us drag seats.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
Anas09:

No shakes man. Plenty people wey no he Winners been dey follow us drag seats.

cool cool

Thank God for his blessings - all that matters .
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
dalaman:

undecided
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Anas09: 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

cool cool

Thank God for his blessings - all that matters .
Yes, yes, yes.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
Anas09:

Yes, yes, yes.

Yes smiley
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You see bro that's the problem . That's why this thread was created . Atheists have always seen God from a religious perspective . And you guys believe that rejecting the religious concepts of God means you are questioning God's existence - this is totally false . Its One Eternal God and different religious concepts . Like I said earlier , the contentious issue should be which religion portrays the true Nature of God and not attacking religious beliefs with the thinking that it somehow impugns God's existence .

are u saying the God in all religion are thesame...?
my bro u r confused....
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
joshysmartie:

are u saying the God in all religion are thesame...?

Where did I say that

my bro u r confused....

undecided
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
one eternal God u said...
there is a God and there are gods.... nothing like one eternal... everything is based on religion...
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
joshysmartie:

one eternal God u said...

there is a God and there are gods....
nothing like one eternal... everything is based on religion...

Read the OP and comprehend . Thanks
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Just tell me your definition of one eternal God...
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

without worship there is no God... without worship theres no religion... deists are confused... a God that doesnt want to be worshiped or is not worshiped is not a God... if they believe theres a God... then they dont know which religion it belongs to... their idea of God... might be a creator (alien) but definately not a God.. they believe there is a supernatural power governing the earth... (which is not a God).. my idea of God is anything you worship... God cannot and never be without religion becox religion is what makes anything God...

i dont know if u get me... i might be the confused one but thats my opinion....

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
joshysmartie:

without worship there is no God... without worship theres no religion... deists are confused... a God that doesnt want to be worshiped or is not worshiped is not a God... if they believe theres a God... then they dont know which religion it belongs to... their idea of God... might be a creator (alien) but definately not a God.. they believe there is a supernatural power governing the earth... (which is not a God).. my idea of God is anything you worship... God cannot and never be without religion becox religion is what makes anything God..

i dont know if u get me... i might be the confused one but thats my opinion....

'God' is just the appellation given to the Supreme Being or any deity . The Confucians are atheists who worship spirits and even pray to them with the belief that these ancestral spirits have control over the fortune of the descendants but these spirits are not considered as gods or deities .

The pantheists see the universe as god but they don't necessarily worship it . In Jainism after the man's soul is liberated , what follows suit is his apotheosis - the man is now seen as a god which is not worshiped either . In Shinto , a Japanese religion , their deities are called kami . The difference between Confucianism and Shinto is that in Shinto their spirits are deified or seen as gods unlike in Confucianism .

The deists just believe that God - the title of the Supreme Being - does not intervene in the affairs of men .What makes him God then , you may ask ? It is the source of our existence . God made all creation and It transcends them all . Some deists believe they can have personal relationship with God and He is worshiped too . So yes , some deists worship God without religion.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
More contributions please . Thanks joshysmartie for yours smiley
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

'God' is just the appellation given to the Supreme Being or any deity . The Confucians are atheists who worship spirits and even pray to them with the belief that these ancestral spirits have control over the fortune of the descendants but these spirits are not considered as gods or deities .

The pantheists see the universe as god but they don't necessarily worship it . In Jainism after the man's soul is liberated , what follows suit is his apotheosis - the man is now seen as a god which is not worshiped either . In Shinto , a Japanese religion , their deities are called kami . The difference between Confucianism and Shinto is that in Shinto their spirits are deified or seen as gods unlike in Confucianism .

The deists just believe that God - the title of the Supreme Being - does not intervene in the affairs of men .What makes him God then , you may ask ? It is the source of our existence . God made all creation and It transcends them all . Some deists believe they can have personal relationship with God and He is worshiped too . So yes , some deists worship God without religion.

religion..
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:

i belief in God (thats religion)...
i dont believe in God (no religion)
i believe but i dont worship (deism) but the fact that deist reverence the presence of a Supernatural, makes them religious....

what u belief n worship is a god.. that belief is religion not the way u belief n worship..
havent u heard... christianity is not a religion but a way of life?

religion is not christisnity, islam, judaism, it is the belief..

those things we call religion are ways of worship...

God cannot be without religion..

but can be without a diverse ways in worship.. which is what religion is portrayed to be...

In the ancient and medieval world, the etymological Latin root religio was understood as an individual virtue of worship, never as doctrine, practice, or actual source of knowledge. [16] The modern concept of "religion" as an abstraction which entails distinct sets of beliefs or doctrines is a recent invention in the English language..

Religio among the Romans was not based on "faith", but on knowledge..
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:20am On Dec 14, 2016
joshysmartie:

religion..
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:

God is not a superhuman, some deities are not even human . Demigods are superhumans though . That definition is very poor .

joshysmartie:

i belief in God (thats religion)...

Your belief in God does not make you religious . I explained how in the OP

joshysmartie:

i dont believe in God (no religion)

There are religions that do not believe in any God . They include Buddhism , Confucianism , Jainism , Raelism etc .

joshysmartie:

i believe but i dont worship (deism) but the fact that deist reverence the presence of a Supernatural, makes them religious....

It does not .

joshysmartie:

what u belief n worship is a god

Not really

joshysmartie:

.. that belief is religion not the way u belief n worship..
havent u heard... christianity is not a religion but a way of life?

religion is not christisnity, islam, judaism, it is the belief..

Are you a Christian

joshysmartie:

those things we call religion are ways of worship...

God cannot be without religion..

There is what is called Natural theology and there is what is called Revealed theology . Natural theology involves God without religion , revealed theology involves Religion with God .

but can be without a diverse ways in worship.. which is what religion is portrayed to be...

In the ancient and medieval world, the etymological Latin root religio was understood as an individual virtue of worship, never as doctrine, practice, or actual source of knowledge. [16] The modern concept of "religion" as an abstraction which entails distinct sets of beliefs or doctrines is a recent invention in the English language..

To a deist , being thankful and appreciating God's work in Nature is a form of worshiping God . Its not really the worship you imagine it to be .

A deist worship could go this way :

God , I thank you
I thank you for the day , I thank you for the night
I thank you life
I thank you the wonderful works of nature - the earth , the moon , the starts
Its exciting to think and to reason
To interact , to be social

etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by dalaman: 6:52am On Dec 14, 2016
This thread just shows that humans àre the creators of various God ideas end of story. Why the OP thinks this is something very special is what is beyond me. All God concepts and ideas are man made that is why there are different ideas and concepts of Gods created by men. End of story.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is not a superhuman, some deities are not even human . Demigods are superhumans though . That definition is very poor .

Your belief in God does not make you religious . I explained how in the OP

There are religions that do not believe in any God . They include Buddhism , Confucianism , Jainism , Raelism etc .

It does not .

Not really

Are you a Christian

There is what is called Natural theology and there is what is called Revealed theology . Natural theology involves God without religion , revealed theology involves Religion with God .

To a deist , being thankful and appreciating God's work in Nature is a form of worshiping God . Its not really the worship you imagine it to be .

A deist worship could go this way :

God , I thank you
I thank you life

etc

nice... so religon is a set of belief n practices in worship n not the belief itself...?

KingEbukasBlog:

God , I thank you
I thank you life

now this form of thanksgiving must have to belong to a religion... that way of worship is relegion... i call it personal though.... acknowledging a God is religion...
even i can create a religion that people wont go to church stay at home and just recognize Gods presence. n b moral..
all those christianity, islam could be put off and youll still have a relationship with God. that doesnt mean u left religion... u just found your own religion...(only God knows if he needs perfect church attendance and all that)..
now church is another factor which can be discarded...

but reverencing a god anyhow u do it makes a religion....
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:
This thread just shows that humans àre the creators of various God ideas end of story. Why the OP thinks this is something very special is what is beyond me. All God concepts and ideas are man made that is why there are different ideas and concepts of Gods created by men. End of story.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

Atheism is the man made idea undecided . Reigious concepts of God came from revealed theology .

Atheism started with Diagoras of Melos 2,500 years ago grin

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by dalaman: 10:25am On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is the man made idea undecided . Reigious concepts of God came from revealed theology .

Atheism started with Diagoras of Melos 2,500 years ago grin

What do you mean by revealed theology? Revealed by who? Man made theology is what all religious concept of God is made up of.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

What do you mean by revealed theology? Revealed by who? Man made theology is what all religious concept of God is made up of.

Atheism is the man made idea . Atheism started with Diagoras of Melos 2,500 years ago
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by dalaman: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is the man made idea . Atheism started with Diagoras of Melos 2,500 years ago

Who created Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, IFa religion and Islam for example? Who created Christianity? Men created all this religions and the Gods and theology associated with them. Your God remains a man made idea that is why you a man must talk about it , tell others about it and try to explain it to others. If it's real it will not rely on you to do anything for it. It will do everything for itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

Who created Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, IFa religion and Islam for example? Who created Christianity? Men created all this religions and the Gods and theology associated with them. Your God remains a man made idea that is why you a man must talk about it , tell others about it and try to explain it to others. If it's real it will not rely on you to do anything for it. It will do everything for itself.

Whatever you think about God and religion is your own business . grin grin . Man keeps talking about God because God has ingrained the curiosity to know about Him in man according to Romans 1:19-20 and that Nature serves as evidence for God .

Atheism still remains a man made idea cheesy cheesy

Uncle D , na so e pain you reach ?
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by 4kings: 11:02am On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Whatever you think about God and religion is your own business . grin grin . Man keeps talking about God because God has ingrained the curiosity to know about Him in man according to Romans 1:19-20 and that Nature serves as evidence for God .
Which kain talk be this one.
Curiosity ke, what about feral children?
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2016
4kings:

Which kain talk be this one.
Curiosity ke, what about feral children?

Are you a feral child ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Damilola Mike Bamiloye And Wife Welcome Baby Girl (Photos) / Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Family In Milan (Vacation Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.