Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa (65276 Views)

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES / Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures / See Photos Of Rwanda's Capital, Kigali, The Said Most Beautiful City In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by awa(m): 5:02am On Dec 05, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Where is abuja here? Na lie this is the work of the enemies. UN must be sued for this grin grin

A typical APC respond... Or they would tell us it is the fault of past administration.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by juman(m): 5:04am On Dec 05, 2016
ebby9z:
Fact is many African countries are doing better than Nigeria in all indices

Unfortunate.

APC noise makers are nothing but mediocre.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 05, 2016
kigali oh what a phoenix. Shout out gwags.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by odogwu190(m): 5:51am On Dec 05, 2016
We no nigeria news now,all the good things u won't find them among but if na emeka transporting cannabis to china,kunle defile her neighbor 3yr old daughter,musa protesting for shiite...9ja which way!!!

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by allcomage: 5:51am On Dec 05, 2016
Missmossy:
Wow Rwanda of all countries, really beautiful. It would be so nice been a tourist at this city cheesy

I WAS THERE LAST JUNE.I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I SAW.IT IS AMAZING.THE RATING IS RIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by redsun(m): 5:52am On Dec 05, 2016
Nigeria is a planet of the apes. No common sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by thunderbabs: 6:10am On Dec 05, 2016
ever811:
let's pray for Nigeria...

Rwanda no dey pray reach una...God won't come down to do what man shld do for itself, you know.

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Qualer: 6:31am On Dec 05, 2016
Benita27:
What do you expect when what our leaders do is to loot and initiate elephant projects to be completed by their unborn children?.

wow!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by deloon(m): 6:33am On Dec 05, 2016
It happens to be in one of the least corrupt countries in Africa too.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by babs50g: 6:46am On Dec 05, 2016
We have so much in the country and we cannot turn things around . What a country! Its all about discipline, integrity , pure mind set for Rwanda to have achieve these feat .

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by usamali(m): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2016
fkdmods:

That is what most Nigerians can never understand. Everything is about afonjas and f.latheads forgetting that they are all Nigerians. A man with roots in Wisconsin can decide to be the governor of Alabama. Try that shiiit in Nigeria.
They do that cos they known the value of oneness. Neva will it happen in a multinational entity like naija were tribalism plays a fatherly role.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by bibe(m): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2016
oladom2:
The main problem of Africa and other black countries is that there's still lots of poverty,and mostly expatriates and other foreigners always enjoy the most. Black people should learn to have fewer kids(1 or 2) in order to eradicate poverty and improve the quality of life of the people . skyscrapers does not signify development.
The ordinary black citizens on the street must have (1)Affordable and organised housing suburbs, with good schools ,healthcare,tree lined streets with side walk,constant power supply and water .
I only applaud projects that uplift and improve the quality of life of the ordinary people ,not tall meaningless skyscrapers and roads for expatriates and other foreigners.

God bless you, I have been preaching this tirelessly. Infact if all religious and political figure heads can preach this for the next ten years, Nigeria will be a paradise in the next 30 years.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by usamali(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2016
To build a greater city together we must first build the MAN..... OUR leader are momentary leaders who only live for the good of the money and little fame and power it accompany, neva to plant that tree which shade they know they will neva sit on... I just cry for our future.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Kingbuhari(m): 8:02am On Dec 05, 2016
Nigeria is just big for nothing... TUFIAKWA

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:11am On Dec 05, 2016
Pylony:
This is a country faced with the worst ethnic genocide ever seen back in the 90's little should have been expected to come out of Rwanda, but see how they came out stronger, out of the ashes of old.
lolzzzzz ur country men are all the same..change begins with them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by MrGerald(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2016
Nigeria has always over hyping their things while in reality we are no where, even in infrastructure in sub Saharan Africa we are not there

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by ikbnice(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2016
seguno2:

Not even Lagos state with all the hype and 17 years of progreTHIEF administration.
The metropolis in the state was ranked the 3rd worst city in the world.
No wonder since ordinary tap water is not available to most of the residents and even the elites in Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Lekki drink their own shitwater from boreholes in the same compound as their septic tanks.
Which way Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by bashydemy(m): 8:59am On Dec 05, 2016
NaijaMutant:
This feat would be impossible if Rwanda had one Mallam Muhammadu Recession Buhari as a president undecided

And if Rwanda have one Goodluck Ineffectual baboon Ebele Jonathan as President?

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Emary(f): 8:59am On Dec 05, 2016
Sorry to say Kigali is incomparable to Lagos. It is just the city centre which is not much larger than Balogun area that is so fine. I was able to walk round the entire area in two afternoons. The exteriors in Kigali though neat are very rustic and their international airport is not as fancy as any of our local airports. The people are also very racist and disrespectful. A perfume was stolen from my luggage while in their care. It's not a place I would ever willing visit again.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by jbcul4ril(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2016
How do you all expect Nigeria to do well when you support and encourage corruption.

All the projects that have been approved over the years in Nigeria where is the result? The money were all embezzled that why we are where we are.
We don't only hail the big thieves in this country but we protect them because the are from our region and tribe.
Nigerians are the cause of where we are. We should stop complaining and face reality. We kill common thief on the street and hail the big thieves in their car.

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by nextdoor84(m): 10:48am On Dec 05, 2016
This is a country without the almighty crude oil, no access to the ocean.. but with very resilient and hardworking citizens.... can't wait to get out of this shithole called Naija!!!

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 05, 2016
Qualer:

wow!! shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by MtuMsuper: 10:58am On Dec 05, 2016
Emary:
Sorry to say Kigali is incomparable to Lagos. It is just the city centre which is not much larger than Balogun area that is so fine. I was able to walk round the entire area in two afternoons. The exteriors in Kigali though neat are very rustic and their international airport is not as fancy as any of our local airports. The people are also very racist and disrespectful. A perfume was stolen from my luggage while in their care. It's not a place I would ever willing visit again.
That is a rather harsh indictment if you ask me. I have been to Kigali on several occasions, and its my 2nd trip there in the last week of November 2013 that left the greatest impression on my mind. Arriving on a Friday bus from Nairobi, i checked into my hotel and settled in well. I was personally treated with alot of decorum and respect. I guess it was down to if you radiate a positive persona, it will be naturally reciprocated!! I think the airport is just about right for a country the size of Rwanda, and to their credit, they have a functional and well run national carrier, RwandAir.

The reason Rwanda is clean is many fold. For starters, they have banned the use of polyethylene bags, hence unsightly garbage heaps poisoned further with man made synthetics is a thing of the past. Secondly, and most importantly, it is the practice of community work whereby all able bodied citizens between the ages 18-65 are obliged to participate in cleaning up the area ,or participate in a community work in the rural parts. This practice is called "Umuganda" which is not compulsory for foreigners, but they are encouraged to do. I personally promptly went to work because the ethos of it sits very well with my own principles. I cut branches of a tree that were overhanging, all the time side by side with a university professor!! Everyone is there, men and women, educated and uneducated, soldiers and civilian. Even the president participates. Afterwards, I was invited to the house of a local engineer for a taste of traditional Rwandan cuisine, which i enjoyed very much as it is virtually identical to my own back home in Kenya.
I found this link to explain Umuganda further.
http://www.rwandapedia.rw/explore/umuganda/images/umuganda-kicukiro-district-24-november-2012

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by DedeNkem: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Pseudonymous:
The capital city of the Republic of Rwanda, Kigali, has been declared the most beautiful city in Africa by the UN.

This recognition comes after much work was put into developing the capital by the Rwandan Goverment.

The tropical city of hills and valley is argueably the neatest city in Africa.

http://www.coldgist.com/2016/12/take-look-at-most-beautiful-city-in.html

The first and last pics are fake.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by jaafree: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2016
ikbnice:
You won't find Nigeria in this type of news. Kudos to the government of Rwanda.
. How I wished we can sacked our president and sign a foreign one. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by GoldEnyong(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2016
Chisus u mean it
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by ikbnice(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2016
jaafree:
. How I wished we can sacked our president and sign a foreign one. grin grin
Nigeria would hvae been a better place, a kind of paradise on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by osamaBUSH(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2016
Iscoalarcon:
In Mr Orubebe's voice We the good people of Gombe state of Nigeria we will not take it

Gombe is the most beautiful city in Africa angry angry angry angry angry
Gombawa diban farri...
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Qualer: 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Benita27:
shocked shocked shocked

i love what i'm seeing o! nice skin tone and hair! kiss kiss cool

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Qualer:

i love what i'm seeing o! nice skin tone and hair! kiss kiss cool
Thanks Sir!. grin
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Qualer: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Benita27:
Thanks Sir!. grin

You are welcome ma! cheesy
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Pylony(m): 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
18wheeler:

Amazing that some 20years ago this city was known for only bloodshed and mayhem. There's hope for Africa.
Great hope indeed, this same country Rwanda is fast becoming an IT HUB in East Africa. They have no ports like Nigeria nor Major Minerals for export yet they have shown to the world that if Africans could drop all those Ak47's into The Atlantic sea, we'll be securing a great future for generations yet unborn.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Beautiful Places Around The World(Photos) / See What This Foreign Photographer Said She Saw On A Train From LAGOS To KANO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.