Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa (65268 Views)

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES / Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures / See Photos Of Rwanda's Capital, Kigali, The Said Most Beautiful City In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Pseudonymous: 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
DedeNkem:

The first and last pics are fake.
Search for the place on Google.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Emmalexmng: 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
Many of you condemning Nigeria, have you visited Abuja or bonny Island before? Please try and see something good in our country.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Pylony(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
Livefreeordieha:
lolzzzzz ur country men are all the same..change begins with them..
And what country are you from, that you're not the same with the rest of your own country men
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Pylony(m): 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
Emmalexmng:
Many of you condemning Nigeria, have you visited Abuja or bonny Island before? Please try and see something good in our country.
How can we condem Nigeria? People are Condeming bad governance that refuse development to have gotten to your part of the country and there by transforming it into another Abuja or Bonny Island but we can only dream about it for now.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Emary(f): 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
My personal experience in Kigali is what I have stated. My "persona" is the same one I have exhibited in several other countries I have been to without any similar issues. If your experience was better, simply say so but the fact remains Kigali doesn't compare in size or population with any major city in Nigeria. I know we have a lot to improve on locally and corruption has eaten deep here but showcasing Kigali city centre is like showing off just Banana island and it is not representative of the rest of the country.
MtuMsuper:

That is a rather harsh indictment if you ask me. I have been to Kigali on several occasions, and its my 2nd trip there in the last week of November 2013 that left the greatest impression on my mind. Arriving on a Friday bus from Nairobi, i checked into my hotel and settled in well. I was personally treated with alot of decorum and respect. I guess it was down to if you radiate a positive persona, it will be naturally reciprocated!! I think the airport is just about right for a country the size of Rwanda, and to their credit, they have a functional and well run national carrier, RwandAir.

The reason Rwanda is clean is many fold. For starters, they have banned the use of polyethylene bags, hence unsightly garbage heaps poisoned further with man made synthetics is a thing of the past. Secondly, and most importantly, it is the practice of community work whereby all able bodied citizens between the ages 18-65 are obliged to participate in cleaning up the area ,or participate in a community work in the rural parts. This practice is called "Umuganda" which is not compulsory for foreigners, but they are encouraged to do. I personally promptly went to work because the ethos of it sits very well with my own principles. I cut branches of a tree that were overhanging, all the time side by side with a university professor!! Everyone is there, men and women, educated and uneducated, soldiers and civilian. Even the president participates. Afterwards, I was invited to the house of a local engineer for a taste of traditional Rwandan cuisine, which i enjoyed very much as it is virtually identical to my own back home in Kenya.
I found this link to explain Umuganda further.
http://www.rwandapedia.rw/explore/umuganda/images/umuganda-kicukiro-district-24-november-2012
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by junketer(m): 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sorry but before anyone counts the most beautiful cities in africa, you have to count about 7 south african cities before any other country. South african cities can easily pass as a city in western europe or america.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by mikeapollo: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pseudonymous:
The capital city of the Republic of Rwanda, Kigali, has been declared the most beautiful city in Africa by the UN.

This recognition comes after much work was put into developing the capital by the Rwandan Goverment.

The tropical city of hills and valley is argueably the neatest city in Africa.

http://www.coldgist.com/2016/12/take-look-at-most-beautiful-city-in.html

Kigali cannot be more beautiful than Cape Town in SouthAfrica

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by redsun(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
mikeapollo:

Kigali cannot be more beautiful than Cape Town in SouthAfrica

They are talking of real african country built and managed by real darkies.South africa is a whiteman's establishment.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by comrChris(m): 7:39am On Dec 06, 2016
nigerians and low self esteem are like 5 n 6, just 3 pics of kigali made you all to start condemning your own country, I have watched 3 video tours of kigali and its just like normal city in nigeria. to think its a one city country makes the whole thing worse.

Nigeria is not where its supoosed to be but cant be less developed than Rwanda

1 Like

Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
comrChris:
nigerians and low self esteem are like 5 n 6, just 3 pics of kigali made you all to start condemning your own country, I have watched 3 video tours of kigali and its just like normal city in nigeria. to think its a one city country makes the whole thing worse.

Nigeria is not where its supoosed to be but cant be less developed than Rwanda
ordinary 3 pics from Kigali made some fools talking nonsense about Nigeria. Its only in Nigeria a person will say he is inferior to another person or his mother's food is the worse in the world. Rwanda population is less than most states in Nigeria. In size Rwanda is smaller than many states in Nigeria, upon all that Rwanda is still a one city country, when manys in Nigeria have up to 3 cities, Lagos alone has up to 10cities upon its large population. Kigali is like banana island in size in population. Some times I cry when I see the type of humans I share country with. They do not believe in Nigeria. I will always defend Nigeria till the end. I know we have our problems but we should stop adding to it by ourselves
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by Iscoalarcon: 12:31am On Dec 22, 2016
osamaBUSH:

Gombawa diban farri...
yeah ba a Kwan da mu ba an tashi damu
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by FakeAccount(m): 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
Pylony:
This is a country faced with the worst ethnic genocide ever seen back in the 90's little should have been expected to come out of Rwanda, but see how they came out stronger, out of the ashes of old.

My exact thought.
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by zynzyn(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2019
Any Nigerians for Doing Business in Rwanda?
Re: Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa by tck2000(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
NaijaMutant:

Tribalism is the bane of Nigeria's greatness undecided
True

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.