Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss (1657 Views)

Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? / MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million / MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Godmother(f): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2016
So, my kid sister came yesterday saying she read a publication by a prophet claiming MMM is from the kingdom of darkness and the devil is using it to buy people's souls. She and my mom are into it and became scared.

I have some doubts about MMM, like where does the extra money paid as profit come from but I'm not so quick to believe any prophet out to make a quick name for himself. I told her I would try to find out one or two things about MMM and would appreciate anyone who has any info about it. Let's discuss.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by benueguy(m): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2016
I'll comment after church service
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by AnodaIT(m): 8:32am On Dec 04, 2016
She and my mom are into it and became scared

I will take it serious when your Dad also become scared.

Ever wondered why women full prayer houses? It is easy to influence them psychologically by appealing to their emotions.

The ever objective man will look to the Bible (Ecclesiastes 11) where it is written "Be generous: Invest in acts of charity.
Charity yields high returns." (The Message Bible)

Also read here a little expository on investment risk taking etc according to the Bible https://bible.org/seriespage/14-no-risks-no-rewards-ecclesiastes-111-6

1 Like

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by AnodaIT(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2016
Godmother:
So, my kid sister came yesterday saying she read a publication by a prophet claiming MMM is from the kingdom of darkness and the devil is using it to buy people's souls. She and my mom are into it and became scared.

I have some doubts about MMM, like where does the extra money paid as profit come from but I'm not so quick to believe any prophet out to make a quick name for himself. I told her I would try to find out one or two things about MMM and would appreciate anyone who has any info about it. Let's discuss.
From the above post, you can relate that investing in charity is like providing help to another person in need under MMM, the high returns from the charity you made is the 30% given back to you under MMM

1 Like

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Godmother(f): 9:49am On Dec 04, 2016
AnodaIT:

From the above post, you can relate that investing in charity is like providing help to another person in need under MMM, the high returns from the charity you made is the 30% given back to you under MMM

This view makes sense, but let's also look at it closely. There are so many people into this investment thing in Nigeria alone. If this is charity, it means the backer is giving out millions (if not billions) of dollars monthly. Hmmmm, I hesitate to believe this o. Is anyone this generous?

And my dad is late, I'm sure he'd have been skeptical of that prophet too.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by excellencyabia1: 10:09am On Dec 04, 2016
AnodaIT:

who is the person in need?
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
Everything that gives money is from the kingdom of darkness but other things that give hardship and all manner of discomfort is ideal.
Grow up and get a life is my candid advice .

4 Likes

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Godmother(f): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
ozohtony:
Everything that gives money is from the kingdom of darkness but other things that give hardship and all manner of discomfort is ideal.

Hmmm, I think you should learn to be calm and take your time to read things carefully before commenting. If you read my post well you'll see where I said I don't believe the prophet's view.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by iomoge2(f): 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
ozohtony:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin

I like dis comment.
Thank you.

MM.M is not 4 every1. If u can, oya... if not... stay ya lane.

2 Likes

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Godmother(f): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
benueguy:
I'll comment after church service

Hey, still expecting your reply, Benueguy
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Ranchhoddas: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
Godmother:

It's a ponzi scheme, and like all other similar schemes, the profit you make is from the donations of participants who would never get their money back. Anybody telling you otherwise is either ignorant or dishonest.

2 Likes

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
Godmother:

Hmmm, I think you should learn to be calm and take your time to read things carefully before commenting. If you read my post well you'll see where I said I don't believe the prophet's view.
My bad! Sorry about that. I picked on the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by LordReed(m): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
Godmother:

The funny thing with these type of seemingly ultraspiritual type of people is the one right under their nose they fail to catch. As an exercise ask anyone who approaches you with this type of information if he/she knows the origin of the names of the days of the week which they boldly put on their church adverts and sign boards.

1 Like

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Godmother(f): 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
LordReed:

The funny thing with these type of seemingly ultraspiritual type of people is the one right under their nose they fail to catch. As an exercise ask anyone who approaches you with this type of information if he/she knows the origin of the names of the days of the week which they boldly put on their church adverts and sign boards.

Lolz. Hi, Lordreed, been a while.

@ topic
I believe a lot of these prophets are just attention seekers out to get a quick name. May God help us.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by LordReed(m): 1:09am On Dec 07, 2016
Godmother:

Lolz. Hi, Lordreed, been a while.

@ topic
I believe a lot of these prophets are just attention seekers out to get a quick name. May God help us.

Yeah, hope you and hubby are enjoying yaselves, lol.

I agree that some of them a mere attention seekers, the bad thing is some folk hearing these type of thing go off into the extreme and become sociopathic. Indeed may God help us.

1 Like

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by Godmother(f): 7:56am On Dec 07, 2016
LordReed:

Yeah, hope you and hubby are enjoying yaselves, lol.

I agree that some of them a mere attention seekers, the bad thing is some folk hearing these type of thing go off into the extreme and become sociopathic. Indeed may God help us.

Lol@ enjoying ourselves and amen to that prayer cos we need it in Nigeria.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by DeLioncourt: 9:01am On Dec 07, 2016
Godmother:

It's very simple. The so-called prophets know that when people satisfy the need for money, they can satisfy a lot more with the money...which means less people will come to their churches seeking financial freedom..which means less offerings and donations. They want the people to remain under the oppression of religion.
Ask yourself this...banks run fixed deposit accounts...that give interest...has any of them fought against the banks? Just because MMM is not backed by the govt doesn't make it illegal. And that is why they can't arrest anybody as they claimed they will.

A simple analogy is this. If I loaned some money from you and on paying back, I say to you "you helped me in my time of need...here's your money with 30% on it"... would that be a plan of the devil to buy your soul?
Nobody is forced to join the system. Everybody is aware that they will part with money and get some interest back in return. I do not see any part of it that is from the 'underworld'
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
DeLioncourt:

A simple analogy is this. If I loaned some money from you and on paying back, I say to you "you helped me in my time of need...here's your money with 30% on it"... would that be a plan of the devil to buy your soul?
Nobody is forced to join the system. Everybody is aware that they will part with money and get some interest back in return. I do not see any part of it that is from the 'underworld'

Very good analogy. My only concern is I don't know by what means this 30% is been added, with a bank I know they are trading with my money and making money.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by DeLioncourt: 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
LordReed:

Very good analogy. My only concern is I don't know by what means this 30% is been added, with a bank I know they are trading with my money and making money.

MMM is a very technical scheme. It combines some characteristics of a ponzi scheme, matrix systems and cycler systems.
As with all schemes, it heavily relies on new members... However, with the Get help and Provide Help features, it is a cycler in itself.
Look at it this way. When you join...you provide help of say..10k. When you need help, a new member or an existing one provides your 10k with 3k extra. When he needs help, another member provides help of 13k with 30% on the 13k.
Now, whenever new members stop joining, the system will continue to function. This is because existing members will keep providing and requesting help without knowing that new members aren't coming.

Soon, the money being passed around will be the profits of the existing members (those that don't cash out)..
Depending on the number of members remaining, the system will eventually crash as some members will provide help and there will be no new money to repay them. If they're lucky they'll lose only their profit.

There's no denying that it will crash someday...banks have also crashed (despite their backing from govt, cbn and intl bodies).. however, it is not from the so-called kingdom of darkness.

2 Likes

Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by LordReed(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
DeLioncourt:

MMM is a very technical scheme. It combines some characteristics of a ponzi scheme, matrix systems and cycler systems.
As with all schemes, it heavily relies on new members... However, with the Get help and Provide Help features, it is a cycler in itself.
Look at it this way. When you join...you provide help of say..10k. When you need help, a new member or an existing one provides your 10k with 3k extra. When he needs help, another member provides help of 13k with 30% on the 13k.
Now, whenever new members stop joining, the system will continue to function. This is because existing members will keep providing and requesting help without knowing that new members aren't coming.

Soon, the money being passed around will be the profits of the existing members (those that don't cash out)..
Depending on the number of members remaining, the system will eventually crash as some members will provide help and there will be no new money to repay them. If they're lucky they'll lose only their profit.

There's no denying that it will crash someday...banks have also crashed (despite their backing from govt, cbn and intl bodies).. however, it is not from the so-called kingdom of darkness.

Thanks for the explanation, never heard of cyclers before.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by DeLioncourt: 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
LordReed:

Thanks for the explanation, never heard of cyclers before.

There are a lot of them... different types.. you must have heard of GNLD, Tianshi, Edmark, Forever Living...
Those ones even have products and some of them have crumbled in NIgeria.
The best thing is to see an opportunity and seize it while it's still paying.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Dec 08, 2016
DeLioncourt:

There are a lot of them... different types.. you must have heard of GNLD, Tianshi, Edmark, Forever Living...
Those ones even have products and some of them have crumbled in NIgeria.
The best thing is to see an opportunity and seize it while it's still paying.

For sure but never thought of them as cyclers.
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by DeLioncourt: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2016
LordReed:

For sure but never thought of them as cyclers.

they aren't. Those ones are called MLM programs (Multi level marketing programs)
Re: MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss by toocoded: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
That may happens when u die as a result MMM Wahala.

(1) (Reply)

Human Beings Are Sinful By Their Very Nature / Why Christians Shouldn't Settle For Anything Less Than Spiritual Perfection / The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.