Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid (3062 Views)

Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos / The Best Facial Trimmer Every Family Must Have / The Family Must Depend On The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nigerians are fond of breeding like rabbits without bothering about the outlook of the future to accommodate these extra human beings on the planet. To make the situation worse the economy never grows fast enough to provide space for the demands of the rising population. When the population is rising and resources are depleting it should signal doom ahead. Our large population for a small economy is part of the problems Nigerians are facing today, but many of us don't realise it. When there are so many hungry mouths and a limited means of survival we have a higher poverty rate and people resort to desperate means to survive which will definitely include a higher crime wave. Its better you all reduce the breeding rate or else you are simply giving birth to those who will eventually cut your lives short in order to take your space and sources of income to survive.

To be honest whenever a new kid is born today we should be scared rather than rejoicing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by yomi007k(m): 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
True talk.
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
That is a cause of concern, but I am sure it will get religious and then some culture will be thrown in there nothing logical of course which is usually the case...There are so many things that would help this country move forward but little will ever change as views remain entranched especially the issue of kids.

1 Like

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by emmchi(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
Having just 1 kid is a bit risky.at most 2-3 kids.

1 Like

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by JoeBlocks(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
The last time something like this came up. The muslims up north with the aid of their foolish senators shouted that any attempt to tell them how many kids they should give birth to is an attack on their religion.

Now with a mindset like this how can you even think reasoning with a brainwashed nitwit is even worth it?.

5 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by yomi007k(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
JoeBlocks:
The last time something like this came up. The muslims up north with the aid of their foolish senators shouted that any attempt to tell them how many kids they should give birth to is an attack on their religion.

Now with a mindset like this how can you even think reasoning with a brainwashed nitwit is even worth it?.

Ur very right.

Personally, I hv made up my mind not to assist or donate to northerners any longer. Its strictly business.

I hv come to realise dat dey lack logic n dey want to remain problem creators for us in Nigeria.

Call me tribalistic. I nor send.

8 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by JoeBlocks(m): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
yomi007k:

Ur very right.

Personally, I hv made up my mind not to assist or donate to northerners any longer. Its strictly business.

I hv come to realise dat dey lack logic n dey want to remain problem creators for us in Nigeria.

Call me tribalistic. I nor send.
Have you been to the north before?
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by yomi007k(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Have you been to the north before?

Yea
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by JoeBlocks(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
yomi007k:

Yea
Where exactly?
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by yomi007k(m): 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Where exactly?

Sokoto. Nassarawa. Presently in plateau....middle belt
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by JoeBlocks(m): 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
yomi007k:

Sokoto. Nassarawa. Presently in plateau....middle belt
Nice. I'm sure you saw first hand how degrading the mentality of the northerners are in Sokoto?

I've been to Sokoto before. So also Kebbi and Zamfara, my stay there was short however.
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by yomi007k(m): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Nice. I'm sure you saw first hand how degrading the mentality of the northerners are in Sokoto?

I've been to Sokoto before. So also Kebbi and Zamfara, my stay there was short however.

Bros I tel everybody to try n travel around.

Then dey will know how ppl think.
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by JoeBlocks(m): 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
yomi007k:

Bros I tel everybody to try n travel around.

Then dey will know how ppl think.
I've travelled around a bit. I've seen the mind of the average nigerian.
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Splinz(m): 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
I appreciate your concern for population explosion coupled with limited resources to cater for all.

But suggesting just one child for families in this part of the world is going extreme and unfeasible.

I think women have greater responsibility here, since most men (mostly irresponsible ones) don't care if a woman will get pregnant while having unprotected sex with her, even when there's already a truck load of children in the family.

So, it is my opinion that women should be taught on the need to embrace Birth Control, especially when they've already bore like 3-4 children. This way, breeding children like chickens will be seriously curbed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
JoeBlocks:

Thats why I am an advocate of splitting this country. Let the north do as they please. I believe southerners are educated enough to see reasons why the rapid growth in population should be put in check.

4 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
emmchi:
Having just 1 kid is a bit risky.at most 2-3 kids.
2-3 kids would have been enough but I think we are already late. The population is already rising beyond capacity. 1 kid or possibly nothing would be the real saviour. Besides, its not a must to get married and have children. People need to take care of themselves first and make the planet more comfortable. That's more important.

2 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by mastermaestro(m): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ontarget:

2-3 kids would have been enough but I think we are already late. The population is already rising beyond capacity. 1 kid or possibly nothing would be the real saviour. Besides, its not a must to get married and have children. People need to take care of themselves first and make the planet more comfortable. That's more important.

I may not agree with you totally, but you've got a point worthy of consideration. The population explosion is alarming, whereas the economy is shrinking by the day. People give birth without proper plans for the kids. The result is that kids are thrown into harsh conditions that inevitably make a monster out of them. Crime, desperation, more poverty and misery spanning generations. I am immensely sickened by the kind of grinding poverty most Nigerian families are stuck in. Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Acidosis(m): 11:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
Poverty doesn't necessarily result to overpopulation.

Your analysis is apt, but you ommitted the fact that an underdeveloped, poor or developing nation will always experience the highest death rate.

In an underdeveloped nation, you find;

1. issues you've raised regarding birth rates
2. Increased death rate; people actually die more in a poor country (due to terrorism, hunger, pathetic and worrisome healthcare, etc.).

In my own opinion, I'll say whenever a child is born, we should rejoice especially following the deaths of thousands who lost their lives serving Nigeria in NYSC Camp, Nigeria military, and others who died in the theatre, battle field, on death trap roads, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2016
Change starts with you. undecided
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2016
Acidosis:
Poverty doesn't necessarily result to overpopulation.

Your analysis is apt, but you ommitted the fact that an underdeveloped, poor or developing nation will always experience the highest death rate.

In an underdeveloped nation, you find;

1. issues you've raised regarding birth rates
2. Increased death rate; people actually die more in a poor country (due to terrorism, hunger, pathetic and worrisome healthcare, etc.).

In my own opinion, I'll say whenever a child is born, we should rejoice especially following the deaths of thousands who lost their lives serving Nigeria in NYSC Camp, Nigeria military, and others who died in the theatre, battle field, on death trap roads, etc
That's what I am talking about. Are we going to wait till people start dying massively of hunger till we know there is a need to tame down the rising population? When such starts happening we start blaming the government for not putting security measures in place. Why wait till dooms day before putting measures in place? It's easy to solve underpopulation but it is not simple to deal with overpopulation. In other words the population should never be allowed to rise in the first place.
No matter how many people die in accidents it will never slow down the population explosion. We reproduce faster than accidents take lives
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 05, 2016
FortuneTeller:
Change starts with you. undecided
YES. I am actually not interested in getting married and having children. Even if I do I will actually have one kid. Even if my wife doesn't deliver a child I wouldn't bother.

6 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Triniti(m): 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ontarget:

YES. I am actually not interested in getting married and having children. Even if I do I will actually have one kid. Even if my wife doesn't deliver a child I wouldn't bother.
i said this same thing to my mum,she shut me up with God forbid
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nutase: 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
The government should sterilise every couple who have had 2 children.
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Akposb(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
Population is a big factor when it comes to the socio-economic sector of any nation but there is a downside to pegging the number of children that should be given birth to at any point in time. China once had a one child policy but they have increased it to two and I can urge you to read more on the downside of this policy in China, recently a book was published.

The issue of population control is not the biggest problem especially if you take the South into cognizance. The issue is good planning. In short, ours is often described as a blessing if handled with care and proper planning.

The developed European and Asian countries are often lamenting the low birth rate due to the fact that citizens are getting older with less number of young people to replace them. Rather than advocate for a government intervention and this negative policy of a child per couple, let's advocate for good education, less corruption, proper economic planning. Too much and much less is at the extreme and it helps no one.

1 Like

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by chillis1: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ontarget:
Nigerians are fond of breeding like rabbits without bothering about the outlook of the future to accommodate these extra human beings on the planet. To make the situation worse the economy never grows fast enough to provide space for the demands of the rising population. When the population is rising and resources are depleting it should signal doom ahead. Our large population for a small economy is part of the problems Nigerians are facing today, but many of us don't realise it. When there are so many hungry mouths and a limited means of survival we have a higher poverty rate and people resort to desperate means to survive which will definitely include a higher crime wave. Its better you all reduce the breeding rate or else you are simply giving birth to those who will eventually cut your lives short in order to take your space and sources of income to survive.

To be honest whenever a new kid is born today we should be scared rather than rejoicing

cheesy cheesy
You are right. But as the saying goes.....it's not our portion grin
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Wisdom is in realising that you know nothing............. So after we sterilize every couple to give birth to only one, what do we do next; eliminate poor people; and after that what next , maybe middle-class folks like you. Humanity has endured and will endure until our sun fizzles out and undergoes it's last nuclear fission reaction, and until then concern yourself with far better problems And not how many children are being born.

2 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by EyeHateGod: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
Change starts with the Women..
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 06, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Wisdom is in realising that you know nothing............. So after we sterilize every couple to give birth to only one, what do we do next; eliminate poor people; and after that what next , maybe middle-class folks like you. Humanity has endured and will endure until our sun fizzles out and undergoes it's last nuclear fission reaction, and until then concern yourself with far better problems And not how many children are being born.
What exactly is your problem? Are you suggesting we should leave the population to grow unchecked?
Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2016
Ontarget:

What exactly is your problem? Are you suggesting we should leave the population to grow unchecked?
Back in the 18th century, when Smithsonian was beginning to make waves, population seemed like a very big problem, intellectuals all over Europe beamoned the ever expanding population size. than what happened, the industrial revolution happened, world war 1, world war 2, and all the sudden waves o feminism; and today Europe battles the very plague of negative population growth. The invisible hand present in Darwinian evolution ensures that a biological enclave will sustain itself. There are other thing mankind has decided to concern itself with, research, social engineering, space exploration and not population growth. Besides how has china fared in trying to constantly engineer its population, today it's, "populate all you can", tommorow it's, "one child policy", next it's " two child policy".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Back in the 18th century, when Smithsonian was beginning to make waves, population seemed like a very big problem, intellectuals all over Europe beamoned the ever expanding population size. than what happened, the industrial revolution happened, world war 1, world war 2, and all the sudden waves o feminism; and today Europe battles the very plague of negative population growth. The invisible hand present in Darwinian evolution ensures that a biological enclave will sustain itself. There are other thing mankind has decided to concern itself with, research, social engineering, space exploration and not population growth. Besides how has china fared in trying to constantly engineer its population, today it's, "populate all you can", tommorow it's, "one child policy", next it's " two child policy".
It is better to have negative population growth than overpopulation. Underpopulation is very easy to solve. It requires increase in birth rate or immigration. But overpopulation is very difficult to tackle and comes with disastrous consequences. Population growth isnt really the main problem. The main problem is that in a country like Nigeria we don't have that large and vibrant economy and welfare system to accommodate all that numbers. Dont be deceived with the case of China. China is multiple times richer than Nigeria with an economy large enough to accommodate their numbers. Telling me we should ignore Nigerian's population growth without any appropriate infrastructure in place is an awaiting disaster. The high poverty and unemployment rate in country today is simply a direct consequence of a population growth without a vibrant economy to cater for everyone. This is just the beginning. It would get worse than this as the population steadily climbs.

2 Likes

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ontarget:

It is better to have negative population growth than overpopulation. Underpopulation is very easy to solve. It requires increase in birth rate or immigration. But overpopulation is very difficult to tackle and comes with disastrous consequences. Population growth isnt really the main problem. The main problem is that in a country like Nigeria we don't have that large and vibrant economy and welfare system to accommodate all that numbers. Dont be deceived with the case of China. China is multiple times richer than Nigeria with an economy large enough to accommodate their numbers. Telling me we should ignore Nigerian's population growth without any appropriate infrastructure in place is an awaiting disaster. The high poverty and unemployment rate in country today is simply a direct consequence of a population growth without a vibrant economy to cater for everyone. This is just the beginning. It would get worse than this as the population steadily climbs.
I rest my case, "negative population is better"; tell that to Japan trying to prop up consumer spending and buying back Government bond stupendously while tending to negative yields; negative population doesn't help a 21st century capitalist society, the invisible hand of Darwin is waiting to another the human population again. The again you continuously measure wealth by fiat currency; should all the fishes in the river die and all the water contaminated would you realize that paper money is an illusion. Africa has vast land and resources, and the last thing we need is population control, we need science, technology, equitable distribution of resources and wealth, a better philosophical society, and not population control.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
I rest my case, "negative population is better"; tell that to Japan trying to prop up consumer spending and buying back Government bond stupendously while tending to negative yields; negative population doesn't help a 21st century capitalist society, the invisible hand of Darwin is waiting to another the human population again. The again you continuously measure wealth by fiat currency; should all the fishes in the river die and all the water contaminated would you realize that paper money is an illusion. Africa has vast land and resources, and the last thing we need is population control, we need science, technology, equitable distribution of resources and wealth, a better philosophical society, and not population control.
I repeat that underpopulation is far better off than overpopulation. At least in Japan the problem they are facing is just simply a little economic issue. You can't compare it with a case of overpopulation where you have many hungry mouths desperate to survive. Poverty and death rate rises due to inability of the existing infrastructure to care for the large numbers. Crime rate goes high due to desperation to survive at all cost. Like I said before, the problem IS NOT really the big population but the fact that Africa currently lacks the capacity to support a large population. Since the capacity is not there it is totally foolish to allow the population to keep growing rapidly. Just because Africa has a large land and resources doesn't necessarily mean it is a go ahead to breed like rabbits. You want every inch of African land to be occupied first before you realise there is no more space?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed / At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? / Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.