Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,489 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year (22843 Views)

Toyota Corolla Emerges Nigeria’s Car Of The Year / A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / PAN Nigeria Unveils 301-wildfire Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by edunwablog: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2016
Peugeot 301, assembled in Kaduna by PAN Nigeria Limited, has emerged Car of the Year in a keen contest with Toyota Corolla and Nissan Almera. The Peugeot 301 polled the majority vote in both the on-line contest and the voting by Auto journalists, for the award that was organised by Nigeria Auto Journalists Association.

Comments from Acting Commissioner for Transportation, Lagos State, Prince Anofiu Elegushi commended the Nigeria Auto Journalists Association for putting the event together, even as he tasked auto industry players to invest in the local industry.

According to him, “as we celebrate and bestow honour we will like to state that it is pertinent for us to begin to invest in the Nigerian “car”. We are long overdue for such. There are a few of such in Nigeria. While we import most cars as CKDS or such other forms we bring them in, we must now commence a process of investing in building local content into it. The Nigeria Auto Journalists are eminently placed to champion this cause.

“A second concern that we must also deal with is safety issues. I will recall your positive contribution when Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) commenced the campaign to introduce speed limiting devices in vehicles used for public transportation. I therefore salute your sagacity and candour.

“There are several other major issues wherein your voice must be heard and your insistence will provide that key insight into the direction that Government’s policies will take. As you highlight them and put them in the public domain, utilizing the essential ethics of journalism, it is sure that gradually a tradition of excellence will be created.

In his remarks, the Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi, who was represented by the Zonal Commanding Officer for Lagos/Ogun state, Assistant Corps Marshal Shehu Zaki, expressed the willingness of the Corps to continue to collaborate with the press in ensuring that road traffic crashes are reduced.

In his welcome address, the Chairman of NAJA, Mr. Frank Kintum stated that “journalists, being watchdogs of the society, have a responsibility of reviewing activities as they unfold. In the automotive/automobile sector, it is the responsibility of Auto Journalists to watch closely what is happening in terms of launch of new models, entry of new brands, government policies as they affect the industry etc.

“In discharging one of its responsibilities as watchdog, we organise the annual NAJA which recognises products and persons that have stood out during the year”.

In other categories, the Mercedes Benz S-class emerged Luxury Car of the Year, beating the BMW Seven Series and Jaguar XJ. Sports Utility Vehicle of the year went to Toyota Prado, while the Pick up of the year was won by Ford Ranger.

Toyota Hiace went home with the Mini Bus of the year award, while the Heavy Truck of the Year was won by Mercedes Actros. Globe Hyundai and Jet Van Mercedes were joint winners in the Outstanding new entrant of the year category, just as God is Good Motors walked away with the Most Safety Conscious Transport Company of the Year.
More at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/12/peugeot-301-wins-car-of-year.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by veekid(m): 6:25am On Dec 13, 2016

nice wheels
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by mployer(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2016
I am not buying....

12 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by nonsoyoungprof: 6:26am On Dec 13, 2016
hmmmm nice car

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by laclass(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2016
Wow
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by izuch(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2016
I prefer the 408
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by gamaliel121(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2016
"". Nice wheels
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Ugo2039(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2016
I wish they knew how much I love to love-vendor antique cars.....504 all the way

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Iseoluwani: 6:27am On Dec 13, 2016
So?? ??

6 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Fogman(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2016
Beautiful car
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by ichommy(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2016
Nice..
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by gentlepraise(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2016
Peugeot products no get arrival
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by permsec: 6:27am On Dec 13, 2016
Danfo should have won the award.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by ichommy(m): 6:28am On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=Ugo2039 post=51879887][/quote]
Goal Goal? grin

4 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 6:28am On Dec 13, 2016
Wow,such a beauty..biko how much is it?
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by ichommy(m): 6:28am On Dec 13, 2016
permsec:
Danfo should have won the award.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by kingreign(m): 6:29am On Dec 13, 2016
edunwablog:
Peugeot 301, assembled in Kaduna by PAN Nigeria Limited, has emerged Car of the Year in a keen contest with Toyota Corolla and Nissan Almera. The Peugeot 301 polled the majority vote in both the on-line contest and the voting by Auto journalists, for the award that was organised by Nigeria Auto Journalists Association.
What were the criteria used in determining the outcome?
After everything, I still consider Peugeots engineers as 'Lazy engineers' and their cars I feel are lazily engineered. Na only Nigeria and France and Britain (3 awkward counties) that votes Peugeot as car of the year. In more serious and straight thinking countries, they know a Honda civic and even a hyundai Elantra is a seriously engineered and better car by miles.
Small economy cars have shifted from traditional autos to CVT, I guess na now Peugeot dey enter Auto gearbox.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Molly1991(m): 6:29am On Dec 13, 2016
Nice rides
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Aburi001: 6:31am On Dec 13, 2016
mployer:
I am not buying....
Yeah.....because you're very poor grin

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Ugo2039(m): 6:32am On Dec 13, 2016
ichommy:

Goal Goal? grin

Lol
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 13, 2016
kingreign:

What were the criteria used in determining the outcome?
After everything, I still consider Peugeots engineers as 'Lazy engineers' and their cars I feel are lazily engineered. Na only Nigeria and France and Britain (3 awkward counties) that votes Peugeot as car of the year. In more serious and straight thinking countries, they know a Honda civic and even a hyundai Elantra is a seriously engineered and better car by miles.
Small economy cars have shifted from traditional autos to CVT, I guess na now Peugeot dey enter Auto gearbox.
Sorry bro but this is "One man's point of view".

12 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Dcaliphate(m): 6:46am On Dec 13, 2016
I just love this car

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by sakalisis(m): 6:54am On Dec 13, 2016
Nice car
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by BLACKbullet: 7:03am On Dec 13, 2016
what's special about this car?
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 7:09am On Dec 13, 2016
kingreign:

Small economy cars have shifted from traditional autos to CVT,....
really? I'd rather buy a Volvo than any Japanese car! Do you know how many Hondas I see on the road with the front wheels AWOL?

Peogeot is as good as Ford, VW, BMW & even Audi.

Those from the Eastern block are not my favourite except Toyota.

5 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Rekyz(m): 7:14am On Dec 13, 2016
I wish that wishes were the basis upon which we buy cars.
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by khattab008: 7:23am On Dec 13, 2016
How much?
Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by godunia(m): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2016
I go buy before December.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Lagbaja01(m): 7:34am On Dec 13, 2016
gentlepraise:
at least Peugeot products gets departure..lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by Kebabs(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2016
I almost thought i'd seen it all! Blood of Sam Loco!!
gentlepraise:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year by zed7: 7:38am On Dec 13, 2016
Proud Lion owner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? / Restoring A Classic - Volkswagen 1500 Beetle / 2019 Ford Edge ST Revealed (photos, Details And Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.