Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683182 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Richdee1(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2020
Phew!!! So I finally got here.. Mehn it was worth it
FrankNetter I greet you. There's nothing dat can stop you from succeeding.

Buh I wan ask something oo
Why has nobody talked about Having a degree in Social work and travelling out to do masters in the abroad. Lolzzz

I guess someone asked it buh due attention was not given. Please if you have link to someone that documented his or her thread from Naija to one of the Scandinavian Countries
Drop the link. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Futuragetty: 11:41pm On May 22, 2020
FrankNetter:

I go post. Calm down broundecided

I haven’t written in a long while so I’m oiling my machinery grin

Ah, Dike, I haven't been this happy for anybody since Liverpool won the champions league grin Through your eyes, many have already mentally left Nigeria. I count myself as one of those Nigerians. I can't wait to read in between lines grinning like I have won a lottery ticket.
Did you have a hardtime trying to blend in to Yankee accent? any occasion where you had to repeat yourself, esp. with Caucasian girls
just try to write it better with beautiful photos attached, oil am well, use AZ oil instead grin
O te isi achu ihe a, I see you making close to 6 Figures or even more. Nnaa, Dalu rie nne! Jisike, Ejim gi ugwo 1 boo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Futuragetty: 12:49am On May 23, 2020
I’m hoping that there will be more and more stories to come wink esp. on taxes.
I heard you are expected to pay around
12.4 percent of your earnings in federal taxes, in addition to
6.2 percent toward Social Security and 1.5 percent toward Medicare. shey na true?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2020
Futuragetty:

Ah, Dike, I haven't been this happy for anybody since Liverpool won the champions league grin Through your eyes, many have already mentally left Nigeria. I count myself as one of those Nigerians. I can't wait to read in between lines grinning like I have won a lottery ticket.
Did you have a hardtime trying to blend in to Yankee accent? any occasion where you had to repeat yourself, esp. with Caucasian girls
just try to write it better with beautiful photos attached, oil am well, use AZ oil instead grin
O te isi achu ihe a, I see you making close to 6 Figures or even more. Nnaa, Dalu rie nne! Jisike, Ejim gi ugwo 1 boo

grin this guy just cracked me up!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Savagethe21st(m): 8:41pm On May 26, 2020
FrankNetter:

frank please more updates.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Futuragetty: 10:18am On Jun 03, 2020
FrankNetter:

grin grin
Agu nwa, I get it. you have tremendous demands on your time, hence your disappearance from NL. but if you do get any chance of coming on here, an updates will do just fine, esp on the recent protests within Us major cities.

After all this days, I still hanker for your fascinating stories,updates and those Yankee photos. Kinda like craving for what's not available.

CNN don dey feed my eyes shaa. But who trust their news reporting these days.

I don't support the looting in any way. Hope say you dey safe shaa? I'm your greatest fan. I'll be watching from a distance.
Jisike.

Signed:
Concerned Fan

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Samuelsegs: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
FrankNetter:
Lol. You can come here and throw tantrums all you want, the truth is nigeria is nowhere near being developed. If I was faced with this decision to come over to the USA 10 times, I'd pick here 11 times. Me, I go dey post my experiences as I dey see am, your opinions do not matter one bit, the least you can do is ignore the thread, no one forced you to click on the thread title and read through.

open your thread and defend how glorious nigeria is, you will not see me on the thread bashing your posts. That being said, say hello to the newest employee of Burger King grin

i kept reading this again and again.You too savage abeg..you don't give a damn. I must reach page 214
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Froshloaded: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Wow
I finally reached page 214 smiley
Franknetter please come and update us oo

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Deltayankeeboi: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Froshloaded: 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

Bro please I want to know more about opera hub
Good
Mention me on another thread
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ccollins(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2020
FrankNetter:
I dey work for burger king today. Now na my lunch break.
u never reply my pm sir.how are u doing
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lillaowow(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
lillaowow:

That's just rude and degrading. Call them African Americans or black.

Why trying to paint the whole group with the same brush?. People are different.

If AA didn't fight (and still fighting) for justice and civil rights, a lot of us won't be able to live here comfortably.

You personally won't have friends earning $700,000 per annum

Show your respect Bros.
Reminder.

Let's be guided.. one love to the whole Black race. We shall overcome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Capitalbase: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
nycdude:
No you don't need internship, shoot me an email and I will direct you on what you need to do and things you need to know.

Good evening bro.
So sorry to bother you, I know it's been so long U talked about this IT stuff. Please how can I reach you to kindly put me through some things that would help me get grounded in the field as I am almost done with UK package. If I can get a current email address with which I can reach you, that would do. Pleases I really anticipate your response.

Best Regards.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by igboboy3(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
FrankNetter, we your people dey wait you ooo!

Give us updates
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Samuelsegs: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2020
las las I reach page 214...Youre doing well nigga FRANKNETTER & lionlee214 + Mackynaija you guys are my role model for real...i go port one day self

NEXT___Mackynaija's thread

I really appreciate your effort, Failure is not an option for you...

Is like I will reread again self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Richdee1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
Samuelsegs:
las las I reach page 214...Youre doing well nigga FRANKNETTER & lionlee214 + Mackynaija you guys are my role model for real...i go port one day self

NEXT___Mackynaija's thread

I really appreciate your effort, Failure is not an option for you...

Is like I will reread again self

Bro help me post mackynaija thread Link here.. Thanks
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MackyNaija(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
Richdee1:

Bro help me post mackynaija thread Link here.. Thanks
Free of charge - https://www.nairaland.com/3926467/naija-yankee-thoughts-experiences

Say thank you... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Richdee1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
MackyNaija:

Free of charge - https://www.nairaland.com/3926467/naija-yankee-thoughts-experiences

Say thank you... cheesy

Thanks you bro.. if you have more of this.. no forget to tag me or send the link here
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ebere272: 5:30am On Jul 02, 2020
Hello Frank,
I have been following your thread for a while now, I wonder if you can give some advice..
I just finished my bachelor's of Nursing from QUT in Australia (presently in Australia)..
But dream country is always the US, I don't know how to go about coming to work in the US and process involved..
Your advice would be deeply appreciated..

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:42am On Jul 02, 2020
FrankNetter:

I’m in school Mondays through Thursdays, no school on Friday. After school I go to one of my jobs, then get home at like 11:00 pm. On Friday’s, I work all day, 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. Saturday and Sunday, I mix my other jobs, I may do 6 hours here, 4 hours here, but I mostly spend my time at work. I read during my downtime at work. I’ve still maintained my 4/4 CGPA though.

Bro, there exams, is it paper based or computer based?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:49am On Jul 02, 2020
ebere272:
Hello Frank,
I have been following your thread for a while now, I wonder if you can give some advice..
I just finished my bachelor's of Nursing from QUT in Australia (presently in Australia)..
But dream country is always the US, I don't know how to go about coming to work in the US and process involved..

Australia, New Zealand, Canada and US are the same and different from the rest of the world. I've made an extensive research about this. A medical student graduate from these 4 countries can always apply for licensure exams, pass and you are immediately licensed to practice if you graduated from any of the 4 countries and wish to work in any of the other 3.

Canada to US or US to Canada Route,

Australia to New Zealand and New Zealand to Australia Route, are always straightforward.

You can still switch routes too.

I'm a medical student too. And most of the Canadian schools i checked will always say, their graduates can get licence to practice in any of the remaining 3.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Samuelsegs: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2020
Richdee1:

Thanks you bro.. if you have more of this.. no forget to tag me or send the link here

After you finish Macky Naija's thread

fly enter Lionlee214 thread too...that guy fit drive for like 6hours just to explore another state in the U.S and also canada... Pictures full there like water.. through those pictures you go no road to Canada from U.S selfgrin

and I also like his simplicity...

after that one check (Collection of winter photos in my city) by Amefrica..na 2016 thread o..but e make sense..and it isnt about U.S but canada

btw Franknetter which you dey use abi na camera..cuz e too make sense...better help me ship am
come here, if not I go tie your head ogrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2020
You can also add

MY France Picture Gallery by Mr Physics

Samuelsegs:

fly enter Lionlee214 thread too...that guy fit drive for like 6hours just to explore another state in the U.S and also canada... Pictures full there like water.. through those pictures you go no road to Canada from U.S selfgrin

after that one check (Collection to winter photos in my city) by Amefrica..na 2016 thread o..but e make sense..and it isnt about U.S but canada

btw Franknetter which you dey use abi na camera..cuz e too make sense...better help me ship am
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Richdee1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
Samuelsegs:

after that one check (Collection to winter photos in my city) by Amefrica..na 2016 thread o..but e make sense..and it isnt about U.S but canada

To be frank with u. I don finish those thread.. tey read one by MCS123 abi 4.. I don forget the handle..
abeg if u get more no forget update me oo..
even for diary side..
You don read Whizqueen thread??
that one sef na bomb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Richdee1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
You can also add
MY France Picture Gallery by Mr Physics

Abeg drop the link here Thanks
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Predstan: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Australia, New Zealand, Canada and US are the same and different from the rest of the world. I've made an extensive research about this. A medical student graduate from these 4 countries can always apply for licensure exams, pass and you are immediately licensed to practice if you graduated from any of the 4 countries and wish to work in any of the other 3.

Canada to US or US to Canada Route,

Australia to New Zealand and New Zealand to Australia Route, are always straightforward.

You can still switch routes too.

I'm a medical student too. And most of the Canadian schools i checked will always say, their graduates can get licence to practice in any of the remaining 3.

While US to Canada is very easy, Canada to USA is not as easy as you would think.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ifesinachi22(m): 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NiklauseFred(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2020
ebere272:
Hello Frank,

See this person oo! shocked
Sorry if you don't mind,why do you wish to leave Australia?

Hadampson,Richdee1 and Jaycew read this person's comment.

This life no balance atoll cry

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Richdee1(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Man wanna leave Australia for the US??
Well its his choice, buh I'll prefer to stay in Australia than the USA, Maybe he has his reasons! As long as he is not coming back to this Dark Nation!

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
NiklauseFred:

I swear down.. If to say na me, I no fit leave Australia for USA.. Like they say, one man food is another man's poison smiley

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Predstan: 12:13am On Aug 05, 2020
Hadampson:

I swear down.. If to say na me, I no fit leave Australia for USA.. Like they say, one man food is another man's poison smiley

She don hear how the US needs her degree so badly
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 5:06am On Aug 08, 2020
Futuragetty:
I’m hoping that there will be more and more stories to come wink esp. on taxes.
I heard you are expected to pay around
12.4 percent of your earnings in federal taxes, in addition to
6.2 percent toward Social Security and 1.5 percent toward Medicare. shey na true?

I pay almost a third of my check in taxes and other expenses. Worse more when you put in those long hours hoping to collect enough on your pay check

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.