Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

The Military’s ‘’operation Python Dance” In The Southeast: Igbos Fear No Useless - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Military’s ‘’operation Python Dance” In The Southeast: Igbos Fear No Useless (601 Views)

When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 / Nnamdi Kanu Petitions UN, EU, US, UK, Russia, Israel, Over Military Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Military’s ‘’operation Python Dance” In The Southeast: Igbos Fear No Useless by ken2015: 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
Christmas Celebration And The Military’s ‘’Operation Python Dance” In The Southeast: Igbos Fear No Useless Serpent’s Dance
Rev. Br. Kenneth Alamezie, BSS
Life is lived in seasons, which means we are to do different things at different times (John L. Mason)
The Christmas season is here again, and people already are doing a whole lot of different things to make the swanky season count; it’s a fact what manner of changes we’re already witnessing. Here in Anambra the people can testify more to this, as the state is now wearing a new look with beautiful arty works of different types of stunning Christmas lights and glittering decorations perfectly put in place in strategic locations ---courtesy of the Working Willie’s magnanimity.
The husky but appealing ambiance characteristic of the season has really set in fully, a different season indeed, and situation of things in virtually all markets in Nigeria has taken the usual animated outlook associated with the season. Christmas is beautiful, isn’t it? Lest I forget, as you buy things for the celebration be careful not to buy the alleged imported plastic foreign Rice from China. I heard the deadly, carcinogenic thing has flooded the market.
The present situation of things in Nigeria is an eye opener to all, how God can and desires to take care of His own. I repeat again, one wouldn’t just believe it if told early this year, that the activities going on in the markets now could be a reality. Well, it’s Christ’s birthday we’re celebrating and I am not in the least surprised how he’s providing adequately for his own the things needed for the celebration. For my part, I only ask for a Turbocharger grace (anointing) for the race, as the Buhari administration continues to unfurl its nightmarish, useless policies for the citizenry. But the Lord is our provider! I remember He once told the saintly Abraham to go sacrifice to Him and He went before him to make provision for the animal needed for the sacrifice. That’s God for you; the Lord we serve!
You know, initially I was of the opinion that the poverty/death generating government of president Muhammadu Buhari in the country would make preparations for the season slow down real big. Because, instead of plenteous money vis-à-vis the promised change to Nigerians, poverty, wretchedness, frustration and premature death, due to preventable economic crunch resulting to continued inflation that has seen everything pushed up much higher beyond the reach of the hapless masses, which the poor constitute a greater percentage, have been in circulation as the president and his oblivious, confused team appear quite obdurate and determined to make sure this very saddening situation lingers on, to make sure each family in the country receives and lives with these evils. But God has a way of aiding His people, no matter what and where, especially they that put their whole trust in Him.
The president has now shown himself to be a full time wind chaser, the east wind at that, for instead of fighting tooth and nail to get our comatose economy back in shape, he’s rather out trying to get a python dance for the peaceful south easterners, who may be returning home for the yuletide. Now I dare to say this to the president: the fear of Biafrans and dogged quest to victimize them is the beginning of needless failure of your government! Haven’t enough blood been shed already in the country, that you’d give such a people as the Nigerian military the “operation python dance mission” against a people peacefully protesting perceived intimidation and discrimination in their own father land?! Seriously, I am beginning to sense in the president a deep-seated detestation for the heavily blessed Ibos, and I must say that even my love for him has continued to wane, since the day I got wind of this macabre assignment to the Army against my own people. Let the President prove me wrong on this.
Although I’ve never shown interest in the ongoing quest for secession by the Ibos, majority of who now see and call themselves Biafrans, because of obvious inequity against them in this befuddled amalgamated entity called Nigeria, yet I wish to state here that it is senseless, despotic and reptilian to launch such an operation as has the military against secession groups in the zone. This Napoleon approach to very important and sensitive issues by the Buhari-led government is becoming quite unbecoming! And it’s high time people who should speak out, especially religious leaders and others in sundry notable government positions, began to do so, as things are really falling apart in this country! Ruthless killings of harmless, innocent people have continued to thrive with impunity since this autocratic, insensitive government set sail and in most cases, the military were accused of perpetrating these evils. The other day cries of pain rented the air in the Niger Delta region, Bayelsa State to be precise, because an innocent footballer and breadwinner of his family was being buried. Some officers of the Nigerian Army allegedly killed the victim according to media reports. And up till date (as at the time of writing this piece) no arrest has been made and no word has come from both the FG and the Nigerian Army to that effect. Some months back it was the IPOB members who were holding a peaceful anniversary. Reports had it that the army shot at them freely as though they were terrorists or perhaps mere animals, killing over 50 of them in the most wicked manner.
One begins to wonder what this country has metamorphosed into; whether the emergence of Buhari as president is a blessing or a curse! I mean, no good father punches his children in the nose because the latter want to draw the former’s attention. Only a demoniac would do that. This is not to imply that the president is one.
And the forthright Fr. Mbaka should also, as a matter of urgency, evaluate himself and quit this uncanny trumpeting of the president’s praises that has become a part of him in recent time; I mean this farcical thing is obviously something foreign to his person and ministry as a prophet. I think it’s time he puts his emotions in check and not allow it dent his name and God-given ministry. With all sense of respect to this prophet and priest of God, may I dare to say that this unrelenting praise of the president in every matter is beginning to raise questions. I am relating this through this medium not to for any hidden agenda, but simply because Mbaka’s ministry has made it near impossible to speak with him one-on-one. Truly, Fr. Mbaka remains someone I love very dearly because of his courage and bluntness in confronting matters having to do with the helpless masses, yet his recent submission about the FG doing well in the fight against graft because the latter rounded up some alleged corrupt judges, in my opinion lacks true light. This is because the same Buhari-led Federal government gave ministerial appointments in the most biased manner, giving portfolios to inexpert candidates, who never studied in school the jobs allotted to them. I mean, where in the world can it happen that a lawyer by profession would be appointed as Minister of Power Works and Housing, and a surgeon appointed as Minister of Labour etc, if not in this corrupt clime. This is the zenith of corruption and one portraying the President himself as quite corrupt; and one cannot claim to be fighting what he is practicing himself. Undeniably, the cluelessness and unproductiveness of this government can be traced to this brazen act of idiocy and tactless allotment of portfolios to amateurish persons.
However, Scripture says THE LORD is my shepherd, hence I shall not want; and that’s no matter what this government does to generate poverty and frustration. This is because He makes us to lie down in green pastures and leads us beside still waters. This simply means he brings us to a place of Divine abundance, where we need not stress up ourselves because of what the Buhari government is busy generating for the citizenry. Today everything is on the high side including unemployment, and cost of living. Each minute brings with it some heartrending news: if it is not tariff hike, it is dollar scarcity, fuel scarcity, tomato or rice scarcity, or heavy tax imposition on the already burdened citizenry, and as a result the masses are living on their toes not knowing what again they will come up with tomorrow! But no matter what tomorrow may bring, we shall not fear. Reason is that God does the provision while we do the consumption, all of us who are in Christ. Ours is just to feed, feed and feed, after which he leads us to a stream serene and life-giving, where we need not fear the harassment of some insensitive trigger-happy military band or the threatening claws of a blistering wave and tumultuous waters. I sure love this so much; I don’t know about you. And this promise of divine providence does not accommodate the goats, those will have to get theirs from the government; and it doesn’t necessarily hinge on my own tireless efforts either, but on simple obedience and faith in Him. No good and sensible shepherd would demand otherwise from his sheep. Scripture says he provides for his own even while they are asleep. Our Father in heaven sure is the Great shepherd, who needs only that we obey and follow in his leading, which actually implies faith in Him, and he will always lead us to a place of green pastures and serene waters. You see, we have it all with God in Christ.
And even though we walk through the valley of the Miitary’s “Operation Python Dance” we shall fear no evil. This is because His Rod and His Staff are there to repeat the scene at the pharaoh’s palace, where Moses’ rod turned into a giant snake and swallowed up the former’s own silly baby serpents. I have no doubt in my mind we are going to see same happen again with the military’s serpent dance. They want to frighten us with the wicked creature and their reptilian nature, but unknown to them is the fact that we the south easterners abhor and fear no stupid, spineless creatures as serpents, let alone an image of a dancing one.
As the table is being prepared for us this season to once again celebrate our Lord and King’s birthday in peace and bliss, we are sure going to be feasting while watching the detestable thing and its guides dance themselves to lethargy and ignominy.
At last, it will be our cups that will overflow with the Lord’s kindness.
And this is as goodness and mercy shall follow us into and all through the year 2017, even as we will continue to dwell in the house of our Father in Heaven, Amen. God Bless You!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Military’s ‘’operation Python Dance” In The Southeast: Igbos Fear No Useless by marshalcarter: 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
with the way person dey H...heartless op still dey expect make person read dis season film

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Members Storm Abuja In White Garments Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hearing / Zahra’s Wedding Rites: Buhari’s Family Members Get Pre-wedding Cultural Tattoo / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.