Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India (55982 Views)

Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Suppliers Of Egusi, Ogbono And Bonga Fish Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Lasskeey: 9:32am On Dec 06, 2016
malton:
One day, Nigeria shall import even dark skinned people.

What this country needs is a dictator with good intentions, solid policies, and the willpower to get things done. Someone who doesn't take no for an answer. Western liberalism will obviously get us nowhere.

Someone once argued that a "capable, technocratic authoritarian government on top of its game is far better for a developing, background country than a democratic one." I thought he was being naive when I read his submission. How true this is for my country.

Let's face it, Nigeria's problem isn't the system of government nor the people. Our issue stems from having successive governments that have failed to make a headway in spite of all the support they have got.

Singapore, China, S. Korea, Japan, and Taiwan, to list a few, have all turned their fortunes around despite being a unitary government. Canada, England, Spain, etc have done so as a constitutional monarchy. The US, Germany, Switzerland, etc. have gone on to achieve greatness as a republic.

Our problems:

1. Religiousity

2. Too many vested interests (generator importers cabal frustrating power stability, transport moguls frustrating railway, and so many more)

3. Lack of will

4. Skew sighted, warped, and bigoted "leaders"

5. The political circle comprises 90% illiterates who are incapable of any good by themselves.

We need a benevolent dictator to right many wrongs before things can take shape in this country. The masses are willing, but that's about as much power as they have got. The political parties keep churning out dundees.

I can't shout!
.......Gbamm cool

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by hakunajay(m): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaMutant:

I a sense of patriotism in your post
I agree with you.

The importer may not be patriotic
But just a business man trying to maximize profit at all cost and at the detriment of the Nation.

I totally condemn this undecided
In agreement with you

But don't forget, he's just a business man cool

If this story is true then,
May thunder blast him and the business!
Bad business... Who knows what nonsense poison those Indians used in preparing those nonsense?
Readily available foods even in mama put, naim person dey import?
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2016
Poison.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by hakunajay(m): 9:40am On Dec 06, 2016
erico2k2:

Preservatives my friend .

Which will be highly dangerous to humans on the long run
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Xpol: 9:43am On Dec 06, 2016
modath:

I'm just amazed too!!! We import pineapple from Benin Republic bros, e don be for naija... The Dibia wey go cast out the demon, dem never conceive am!!!! cry cry
yes but average Nigerians see those countries ppl as lazy and portend ourselves as very hard working ppl meanwhile we depend on importation of foods from the lazy ppl to survive
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by bily(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2016
This is not new.

In secondary boarding school then, in the 80s, our provisions usually included canned jollof rice, baked beans and canned salad. All imported, I think made by Heinz

So it's possible to have canned Nigerian food.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by habsydiamond(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2016
Wetin dey do us for this con3 sef. I no know why we no like to dey use our hand do something for our self na for outsiders to produce poison and come deliver am for our footstep just for us to start consuming this is dangerous. What will it take from us to prepare these delicacies ourselves. Pls let's join hands together by producing for ourselves and limit importation of our local dishes and also reduce the risk of dangerous diseases.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by sunbokoya18: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
May God help Nigeria. It is only when we start to consume and depend on our local products that we can develop faster as a nation and be free from any how item in the name of importation.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Goldeno(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
glossy6:

On a serious note, imported palm oil from Malaysia is cheaper than locally sourced palm oil.

**** modified

Read my lips please. The innosson fractionation plant commissioned by Osibanjo few weeks ago cannot function because there's no palm oil to test run it.

Secondly, Unilever dismantled its fractionation plant more than 10 years ago because they cannot afford Nigerian Palm oil and moved it to Ghana who now supplies Unilever Nigeria with blue band
NO ....NO ....NO

Are serious or just kidding

what exactly is wrong with nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Metroescobar: 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nope we still need a good dictator, too many bad eggs in d system won't make dt man u r talking about work things out but if dt man comes under a military govt, then he will av his way every time. How will he function with d cream of bad gangs u av at the NASS
yanabasee:

Nice piece.....

But...Nigeria needs a neutral candidate and not a dictator ...
a dictator will only drive us backward......

A neutral candidate that isn't supported by any godfather like tinubu or Obj or the likes.... these ppl chose candidates and garner votes for them so they can get something in return...These godfathers often strive to make national decisions which only favor their pockets and not for the sole interest of the citizens at large...

we just need to let them to chose their candidate via party/primary election.... then will look for Neutral candidate and vote for.... This way, the aspirant will be answerable to no one and can make decisions that will stand..
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
noeloge82:
I don't believe this news
Where are the pics up till now it's not on channels cos this could have been a big hit news
i saw the news on channels dis morning o
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by noeloge82(m): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
lefulefu:
i saw the news on channels dis morning o

Did they show the cooked food
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
noeloge82:

Did they show the cooked food
nope they didn't show any cooked food.Though a custom officer was interviewed.But again what will they gain frm lying.Things of the absurd have been going on in Nigeria frm the ages.If Nigeria still imports toothpick then this story should not be disbelieved..Crazy things now happen in naija on a routine basis.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by noeloge82(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
lefulefu:
nope they didn't show any cooked food.Though a custom officer was interviewed.But again what will they gain frm lying.Things of the absurd have been going on in Nigeria frm the ages.If Nigeria still imports toothpick then this story should not be disbelieved..Crazy things now happen in naija on a routine basis.

But look at it this way what sane man will import cooked food to this country how do u preserve cooked food in a container that will travel for 3wks or are they saying it was frozen then why didn't they show us, cos if u remember anytime frozen chicken is seized they usually show how much more cooked food.

I feel they want to prove to their ogas that they are working this is just Nigeria uniform gra gra

My thoughts though

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by waxdude: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
modath:

Na deep inside ocean bed for pacific dem trowey the padlock wey dey hold Nigeria's glory!!!! undecided

Importing food, mama put don finish?
I just tire..... I no wan believe dis story.... How? Chaiii
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Arielle: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2016
malton:
One day, Nigeria shall import even dark skinned people.

What this country needs is a dictator with good intentions, solid policies, and the willpower to get things done. Someone who doesn't take no for an answer. Western liberalism will obviously get us nowhere.

Someone once argued that a "capable, technocratic authoritarian government on top of its game is far better for a developing, background country than a democratic one." I thought he was being naive when I read his submission. How true this is for my country.

Let's face it, Nigeria's problem isn't the system of government nor the people. Our issue stems from having successive governments that have failed to make a headway in spite of all the support they have got.

Singapore, China, S. Korea, Japan, and Taiwan, to list a few, have all turned their fortunes around despite being a unitary government. Canada, England, Spain, etc have done so as a constitutional monarchy. The US, Germany, Switzerland, etc. have gone on to achieve greatness as a republic.

Our problems:

1. Religiousity

2. Too many vested interests (generator importers cabal frustrating power stability, transport moguls frustrating railway, and so many more)

3. Lack of will

4. Skew sighted, warped, and bigoted "leaders"

5. The political circle comprises 90% illiterates who are incapable of any good by themselves.

We need a benevolent dictator to right many wrongs before things can take shape in this country. The masses are willing, but that's about as much power as they have got. The political parties keep churning out dundees.

I can't shout!

3 million likes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by iukpe: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
What happened to the items seized? Customs end of year party is around the corner o!
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by glossy6(f): 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
Goldeno:
NO ....NO ....NO

Are serious or just kidding

what exactly is wrong with nigeria

I am serious. Quote me anywhere, anytime. I worked previously with Unilever and am at Nnewi right now as I am speaking, the innosson plant is yet to be test run
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by yunabdul: 8:24am On Dec 10, 2016
Too bad. The importers should be made to face the full wrath of the law. Even where is the law? Our only hope is in Allah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bill Gates At The Wedding Of Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar In Lagos (Photos) / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. / Bill Gates Sr Is Dead. Microsoft Co-Founder, Bill Gates' Father Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.