Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer (1199 Views)

Yakubu Nataala Is Dead! Kogi Polytechnic Lecturer Slumps, Dies Over Non-Payment / The 'famous' Nigerian Female Police Officer Still Beautiful In Makeup Free Photo / I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by ogunsinamayowa(m): 5:07am On Dec 06, 2016
I have nurtured an ambition to publish research paper in a journal and present paper at conferences on Policy and development in Nigeria before i graduate. And later become a scholar, that will be famous at the world stage, in my profession. I'm aware of the myriad tasks to undergo, and discipline to sacrifice a lot of pleasure for my dream.

But, my problem is the lack of direction despite the presence of mission. There is mission, but I'm ignorant of the perfect way to achieve it. I need advise and mentor. I will start 200 level next year, and my course is Political Science.

Scholars in the house, please help me. I will like to pursue Public Policy or Political Economy to PhD level, and my area of specialization will base on International economic policy, Electoral System law/ policy, and Social Welfare program policy in third world countries etc. Thank you.
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by LordIsaac(m): 5:45am On Dec 06, 2016
My dear, you are on track. You have a clear vision. Start first, then when you get to the bridge, you'll cross it. However, flee 2.2 or 3rd class!
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by ogunsinamayowa(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2016
LordIsaac:
My dear, you are on track. You have a clear vision. Start first, then when you get to the bridge, you'll cross it. However, flee 2.2 or 3rd class!

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by Holysholay: 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
May your dreams be fulfilled. Amen.
You can become a famous scholar by 1. your contributions to knowledge (publication of articles) and 2. being an authority in your field (PhD holders). Therefore, work and focus on your studies, obtain your BSc, MSc nd proceeds to PhD level. During your MSc degree, your supervisor will sure train you how to write papers for publication. However, you may start writing during your BSc seminar nd project, a 400 L student of Unilorin under my mentorship was able to publish an article even before he obtained his BSc.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by Holysholay: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2016
LordIsaac:

That's true, flee 2.2. Presently @ Nigerian Federal Institutions, they no longer want to engage 2.2, 3rd class candidates as lecturers, even if such candidate has Masters.
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by ogunsinamayowa(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2016
Holysholay:
May your dreams be fulfilled. Amen.
You can become a famous scholar by 1. your contributions to knowledge (publication of articles) and 2. being an authority in your field (PhD holders). Therefore, work and focus on your studies, obtain your BSc, MSc nd proceeds to PhD level. During your MSc degree, your supervisor will sure train you how to write papers for publication. However, you may start writing during your BSc seminar nd project, a 400 L student of Unilorin under my mentorship was able to publish an article even before he obtained his BSc.

Thank you sir. My aim is to graduate with first class. I believe in my ability and capacity to fulfil it. I will like you to be my mentor sir. Thanks once more.
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by Holysholay: 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
ogunsinamayowa:

Thank you sir. My aim is to graduate with first class. I believe in my ability and capacity to fulfil it. I will like you to be my mentor sir. Thanks once more.

I will be willing to offer useful advice when the need arise. I m Dr OS Ayanda, nice meeting u.

You may check my contribution to knowledge here:
http://scholar.google.co.za/citations?user=HInA8H8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by ogunsinamayowa(m): 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
Holysholay:

I will be willing to offer useful advice when the need arise. I m Dr OS Ayanda, nice meeting u.

You may check my contribution to knowledge here:
http://scholar.google.co.za/citations?user=HInA8H8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra

I was surprised when i read your various profiles and contributions by searching your name on Google. You are the true personality of a person i truly want to become and emulate. I want to be like you sir: with your profiles and contributions . You have achieved a lot sir.

I will like to have your contact, if you don't mind sir. My number is 070********
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by Holysholay: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2016
ogunsinamayowa:

I was surprised when i read your various profiles and contributions by searching your name on Google. You are the true personality of a person i truly want to become and emulate. I want to be like you sir: with your profiles and contributions . You have achieved a lot sir.

I will like to have your contact, if you don't mind sir. My number is 07036315166

Will store ur mobile no. and contact you through whatsapp
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by ogunsinamayowa(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Holysholay:

Will store ur mobile no. and contact you through whatsapp

Okay sir.
Re: How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer by Chuksemi(m): 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
I hope you can endure studying the boring academic texts most of our lecturers here churn out?

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Have A Ciin Degree / IELTS Exams and registration in Nigeria / Sept 2018 Atswa Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.