Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Should We Move Out? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should We Move Out? (21618 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Move Out? by otunbaa(m): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=otunbaa post=51673718]
In June 2014, I moved into this house in ikeja while working with an oil and gas firm and my fiancé was living and working in the states and was planning to relocate back to Nigeria so we can get married and start our own family. In December 2014, same year I moved into the house, I got sacked by the company for no reason and this is a job I have been doing for almost 3 years and since then I have not gotten another job till this moment because I feel that someone with my experience shouldn't be finding it difficult to get another job because I have worked with 3 major oil and gas firms with close to 8 years experience. In 2015, my fiancé got back from the states hoping to start a business and before we know it we started spending the money on nothing tangible till it finished and ever since she tried going back but no luck due to no money to finance it and nobody is willing to assist us with money, it's like helpers are running away to assist. We struggled to pay this year's rent ( 300k ) which will expire by June next year. Just recently someone told us to move out of the house that the owner might have done something to hinder our progress while he progresses and also I was told by someone in the neighborhood that a labourer died in the building while building the house and we are the first occupant of this house. I and my fiancé have concluded to move out of the house.
So fellas what do you think?

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. But I think having plenty spiders and cobwebs in a house is not a good thing because that's what we noticed too in the house and they appear within 3 days of cleaning them( sorry I didn't include that in my initial write up ). I think am prudent enough because I had a barbing salon and a viewing center but all gone now. The building have 6 flats and 4 tenants left last year ( I met them there ) and we are the first occupant of the flat we are staying.
Re: Should We Move Out? by TheTrueSeeker: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2016
Mobsync:

You have a nice plot here. Unfortunately, you and not the money lender is the cause of your problems. How can you even borrow money at 20% interest? DO you know what it means?

The first step in living a fulfilling life is staying away from debt, which I have decided to do. The so called debt you take from banks and the likes always put one pressure on you that you end up making wrong business choices. Ask people paying LAPO loans what they go through and you will be surprised.

Unfortunately, many never learn.

Your problem had nothing to do with the money lender and absolutely everything to do with you.

I used to say some of these things you said to others.

I had never been an advocate of loan but when in certain business, I realized it becomes inevitable.
I had collected loans from the banks previously and paying back wasn't any issue. That was my first collecting from the private lenders and had that experience.

What I was trying to show by that story is the fact that in our world today, the devil and evil minder men are desperately wicked and getting worst by the day. These evil men can go to any length to perpetrate their evil plot against the unguided. It takes prayer and a Godly intervention to stay clear from their evil plot.
Re: Should We Move Out? by jaxxy(m): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2016
Mimzyy:

Phewww. Thank you. I was almost beginning to believe that everyone on this thread is superstitious when it's just money management that the intending couple lack.

Have u forgotten he lost he high paying job and notin has come up in over 3 years even with his vast experience? And nobody wants to help him or his fiancé ever since? I'm not unnecessary superstitious bt u gat to b sensitive to ur environment and tell signs or else ure a stupid person. Yes he needs to maybe check his spendings bt he also needs to relocate even if it's to just see wat happens.

Cc Richy4, otunbaa
Re: Should We Move Out? by ojuolu(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2016
yetseyi:
grin cheesy

Interesting thread.

Although in the OPs case I don't think his case has to do with the house but I am more surprised people think stuffs like that don't happen.

I don't know if its the same Nigeria we live in.

I don't think I will ever rent any apartment especially if its not these estates without making investigations in fact I will ask questions for patterns that seems to trail tenants living in a house, there are houses you pack to and you go out empty and with debt. By asking simple questions around you can know much about some apartments .

You want to live in a house built by an occultic person or from ritual money and you think the house will be okay( or will we say we don't have occultic people or there's no blood money again). Some houses are even creepy once you enter you just feel an uneasiness in your spirit even though the house looks tastefully designed.

Its better to avoid such houses, the prayer I will pray for protection in that kind of apartment, I will pray for other things instead and save myself unnecessary stress.

Strange things are happening, still wonder why people think there's not a spiritual side to a lot of things.

There are good houses one can rent jare.
i completely agree with you on this point. When my mum was alive, she use to ask us to pray about everything including job offer, house for rent even course of study. This has been a practice in my family till today. The first house i rented in Ibadan was a very beautiful house. I did not pray about the house at all. The location seemed okay. A new house, rent as far back as 8 years ago was 250k for a 3 bedroom, but because i was financially comfortable at that time, it was considered cheap. I took it, but did not complete 1 year rent circle in the house. Within one year, a neighbor was killed in the house in the presence of his family,( nothing taken from him), other serious incidence i dont want to mentioned here, but to cut the long story short, I was robbed 3 times in the house within a year( please note that i was not flamboyant at that time, i own no car and i lived normally among the people, no obvious display of riches by any tenant) . I lost my wife, almost my life too, Thank God for my late mum's prayer. After the last incidence being the demise of my late wife,I moved out, prayed and got another accommodation. The story that followed this new house is that everybody that packed out of the flat or house always move to their own private house among other although the owner is very strict. Believe me honestly, within 7 years 3 co tenants moved to their own houses, one relocated abroad and i moved to my own house in September this year. Please note that nobody ever packed out without reasonable land breaking achievement. I think the Op should pack out, pray and move closer to God, get a good accommodation under the inspiration of God and trust Him for full restoration...my opinion based on experience. Those who think there is no spirituality in everything should have a re think...Aye o ti se won ri ni o...lol.
Re: Should We Move Out? by Fundamentalist: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2016
MONITZ:

.Even the bible acknowledges the existence of some of these things, so y do u think it's ungodly for a christian to believe these things actually happen.? I think we re in a hurry to forget that we re Africans with foundations/roots that re either good or bad, we re quick to imitate the whites who we foolishly believe to disprove things that actually exist .

Haven't u heard of haunted houses? The whites know abt voodoo and mysticism, so if they do then wat re we Africans trying to form or be? Are we trying to act too sophisticated, westernised or educated to believe that if a thing can't be proven to exist then it doesn't exist.

It's everyone's prayers that a temptation we can't contend with shouldn't come our way.Ve u eva experienced a thing that defies solution? And ve u eva had abt reason to doubt the existence of God? esp wen after so many bouts of praying and fasting and the problem still persist...

Everyone can hide behind a laptop
to talk and give advice on wat they know nothing abt, things that predate our ancestors and which they also didn't even ve answers to while they lived.....

So let me put it this way, I'm a tenant amongst tenants while you are our landlord. Something bad now happened WC affected me and the co tenants except the landlord.

Should I start suspecting my landlord that he is a wizard responsible my predicaments?
Re: Should We Move Out? by bejick(m): 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
Acidosis:
So people actually think an oil and gas worker (with 8 years experience) who decided to live in a 300k flat in Ikeja lacked money management skill?

It is well.

I've said enough though. I wish you all the best OP.

my brother no all oil and gas company dey pay well ooo, but my question is getting a flat in IKEJA for such a ridiculous amount N300,000 can make the house suspicious. Their management skill is also to be questioned cos when one spend and don't aim much.
Re: Should We Move Out? by PastorAji(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello,
(neva mind my moniker)

I would tell you categorically that out of every 100 Landlords/ladies only 2-4 don't soil the foundation of their houses

Permit me to narrate an experience

when we moved to our house in 1996 (August precisely) we saw a lot of crosses in our compound. like a week later our Dad travelled (without informing anyone about his trip) and spent six-seven weeks on the trip. When he came, he was shocked seeing us in the house. He later travelled again and came back Christmas Eve (around 11pm) and started yabbing everyone in the house.
Later, twas discovered that a lot of things have been buried underground and it was meant to cause havoc for us (most especially mum) but Glory be to God we all survived (though all graduated from University of Hard Knocks)

fine Financial Management too is very important but the Spiritual rules over the Physical....
#peace
Richy4:

Bro.... Based on what you have posted above, I just have to conclude that you don't know much about Financial planning and wealth management...I would have given you some tips but it might be really boring to you and a waste of my time because you were not paying for it.. wink

But hey, I will not hold that against you because you might be a professional in Engineering or Architecture...and when you happens to bring a house plan and ask me to take a look,...I might just look and smile like a simpleton because I don't know what to do with it...

I have to reassure you that Bill Gate or any rich man on this planet could be in a financial mess if he/she does not invest wisely....It is really very simple to loose money..
Re: Should We Move Out? by oseiwe(m): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
otunbaa:

In June 2014, I moved into this house in ikeja while working with an oil and gas firm and my fiancé was living and working in the states and was planning to relocate back to Nigeria so we can get married and start our own family. In December 2014, same year I moved into the house, I got sacked by the company for no reason and this is a job I have been doing for almost 3 years and since then I have not gotten another job till this moment because I feel that someone with my experience shouldn't be finding it difficult to get another job because I have worked with 3 major oil and gas firms with close to 8 years experience.
We are currently recruiting an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer with minimum of 7 years working experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with good experience in engineering designs and execution at construction phase. It’s a resident position based in Port Harcourt; you could apply via http://amaidenenergy.com or send CV’s to recruitment@amaidenenergy.com with the position as subject of the email; closes 27th Dec. 2016
Re: Should We Move Out? by ceasare: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
basadenet:
please move out fast, if not you haven't seen nothing yet as mother of all is coming. move out now.

As in kesekese losiri kasa kasa baba kese kese si nbo abi? grin grin grin
Re: Should We Move Out? by Thistles: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=otunbaa post=51765808][/quote]

Biko move out ASAP. Get another apartment for rent here;

https://www.tolet.com.ng/property-for-rent/lagos?utm_source=nairaland&utm_campaign=nairaland9_12_2016&utm_medium=blog
Re: Should We Move Out? by whoisuche: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
otunbaa:

In June 2014, I moved into this house in ikeja while working with an oil and gas firm and my fiancé was living and working in the states and was planning to relocate back to Nigeria so we can get married and start our own family. In December 2014, same year I moved into the house, I got sacked by the company for no reason and this is a job I have been doing for almost 3 years and since then I have not gotten another job till this moment because I feel that someone with my experience shouldn't be finding it difficult to get another job because I have worked with 3 major oil and gas firms with close to 8 years experience. In 2015, my fiancé got back from the states hoping to start a business and before we know it we started spending the money on nothing tangible till it finished and ever since she tried going back but no luck due to no money to finance it and nobody is willing to assist us with money, it's like helpers are running away to assist. We struggled to pay this year's rent ( 300k ) which will expire by June next year. Just recently someone told us to move out of the house that the owner might have done something to hinder our progress while he progresses and also I was told by someone in the neighborhood that a labourer died in the building while building the house and we are the first occupant of this house. I and my fiancé have concluded to move out of the house.

I will advise you to relocate from there and any other u find pray and always spend wisely.
Re: Should We Move Out? by lekonso: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Richy4:
My brother, Nothing was wrong with where you were living....You did not know how to be prudent in spending......If you and your girl knew how to manage money, you would not have been in this situation...Your girl was in states and she doesn't watch Suze Orman show...

I suggest you move out. not because of the landlord, but because you cannot afford the payment anymore. get an affordable apartment man, when things became ok again, then you can decide to buy or live in an affluent suburb...Everyone needs wisdom in terms of money management...

One last advise, In future, choose your friends wisely...Do not go for all weather kind of friends....They are not good for keeps..

Shut up, you are still a baby sucking brest you don't know anything.
Re: Should We Move Out? by arthurshelly: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
snappyicee:
heartless
You are just a small mind...
Re: Should We Move Out? by arthurshelly: 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
Adeoba10:

Awon ti Lambe inside...
It's kutonu inside
Re: Should We Move Out? by yetseyi(f): 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
ojuolu:

i completely agree with you on this point. When my mum was alive, she use to ask us to pray about everything including job offer, house for rent even course of study. This has been a practice in my family till today. The first house i rented in Ibadan was a very beautiful house. I did not pray about the house at all. The location seemed okay. A new house, rent as far back as 8 years ago was 250k for a 3 bedroom, but because i was financially comfortable at that time, it was considered cheap. I took it, but did not complete 1 year rent circle in the house. Within one year, a neighbor was killed in the house in the presence of his family,( nothing taken from him), other serious incidence i dont want to mentioned here, but to cut the long story short, I was robbed 3 times in the house within a year( please note that i was not flamboyant at that time, i own no car and i lived normally among the people, no obvious display of riches by any tenant) . I lost my wife, almost my life too, Thank God for my late mum's prayer. After the last incidence being the demise of my late wife,I moved out, prayed and got another accommodation. The story that followed this new house is that everybody that packed out of the flat or house always move to their own private house among other although the owner is very strict. Believe me honestly, within 7 years 3 co tenants moved to their own houses, one relocated abroad and i moved to my own house in September this year. Please note that nobody ever packed out without reasonable land breaking achievement. I think the Op should pack out, pray and move closer to God, get a good accommodation under the inspiration of God and trust Him for full restoration...my opinion based on experience. Those who think there is no spirituality in everything should have a re think...Aye o ti se won ri ni o...lol.

People tend not too take some things serious, people should learn to ask questions from those living around , be observant and make spiritual enquiry before moving into an apartment.

Observation will make you notice strange symbols or patterns in designs of a house. You see a landlord that owns many houses and uses an occult symbol on all those houses and you think its a coincidence or it doesn't matter? I would rather pass. And there are some blessed houses you live there and things go smoothly.

Some of us think renting an apartment is just about the physical aspect, there's a lot more to it than that in this Naija , especially this Lagos.

Our former landlord had to tell my mother face to face that " You are the first tenant that will ever move to their own home" we were shocked with the accusation, it was an accusing tone he used according to my mum and after that the jinx was broken, other tenants began to move to their own houses.
Re: Should We Move Out? by michaelIb1(m): 4:03am On Dec 13, 2016
I jst dont like stuff lik landlord did thos landlord did....This is just how you re destine to liv...and sometimes mis.management and over confident kills us alot.

1.you were too confident with your qualification and experience to get another place of work.

2.your wife knowing she is cuming bck here to settledown sud av put in place wat to do business to keep herself busy and support the home..
3.Stop attaching your pridicament on landlords and there house....Cos before you know you Tag dat house with a bad name Den you destroy d source of living of dat landlord and put him on this ur present state..Who ll dis landlord blame..?

My bro jst hope to utilise d next opportunity in Life...o bliv u ll av one soon
Stay bless and stay positive
Re: Should We Move Out? by Omisport01: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
My maama is a trader being jobless for 9months now and someone who want to help will be selling off her old goods for auction told her to pay#35000 but can bring #20000 in advance that after sales during festive period should balance but we gat nothing even feeding is Gods grace and dad be like i cnt kill myself that why am here if anyone who view this thread that can kindly help out with anything plls assist in any way you can i will appreciate and i will love to say am not creating a thread here to appear like a beggar or being taking people for granted no but i wish some people can understand me cos they have being through this before or understand what i meant. thanks for understanding m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity / The Finishing Of Osun State Edifice By Rotech77 / FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.