Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Should We Move Out? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should We Move Out? (21619 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Move Out? by seyoops4u: 12:53am On Dec 09, 2016
Mimzyy:

Phewww. Thank you. I was almost beginning to believe that everyone on this thread is superstitious when it's just money management that the intending couple lack.

u don't believe in spiritual things or do u ?

Maybe u need to sit and read his story again.

Well, I don't support share things like this because definitely we human can't explain them.
Re: Should We Move Out? by bobbynelson: 1:18am On Dec 09, 2016
bro for me i dont moving out of the house will solve it , all this are projection from hell all tou need to do is to be very prayerfull and find a true God serving church. and key your prayer to God , as your enemies think they are making you frown , just smile and make the know that God is in control ,
Re: Should We Move Out? by Mobsync(m): 2:06am On Dec 09, 2016
Acidosis:

I know because majority of the landlords in Nigeria invite their priests for "house warming", car dedication, etc. Some people go as far as placing a rosary behind their screen.

How is the rosary different from the pot beneath the foundation?

And what do you mean by "priests"? So far, I know landlords call mostly alfas or pastors, depending on their religious alignment. So please clarify the word "priest" because you make it sound as if they call some occult people.
Re: Should We Move Out? by Mobsync(m): 2:14am On Dec 09, 2016
TheTrueSeeker:
Let me share an experience...!!!

In 2013 had a very successful business and felt to set up more branches in Ph and Uyo. I had set up two more before I saw a business someone was willing to sell off and had to use my savings and a borrowed money (N300k) from a private money lender at 20% interest, with my Infiniti Jeep as collateral to buy....!!!

Not only did that new business with lots of prospect go down within three months of buying off, I kept paying interest for that N300k for over two years. (you can do the maths to know what extra i had to pay as interest). I also had to close down remaining two purchased earlier.

As if that was not enough, i couldn't renew my two bedroom apartment rent and had to move in to my office. I slept in my office for two years (wasn't married then).

One day, my cleaner who used to clean both my beautiful apartment and office pressurized me to come see her pastor cos she couldn't stand coming to work in the morning and seeing 'oga' hiding somewhere behind his desk as his bed. i had laid her off but she refused to stop working insisting even if I do not pay her anymore, she would still be cleaning for me.

I reluctantly went during one of their night vigil and the Pastor told me during the service that the person i borrowed some money from was the reason for my predicament. (i didn't tell her or my cleaner i borrowed money from anyone).

She volunteered to come and pray with me in my office and the very next day after her prayer in my office, the money lender visited my office for no reason. (he had never been to my office before).

few months later, i had all his N300k and interest to pay him and retrieved my car back from him.

Guess what he told me the day i went to collect my properties, 'the only man who had been to the lion's den and returned'

After that experience, i vowed never to have anything to do with private money lenders....!!!

You have a nice plot here. Unfortunately, you and not the money lender is the cause of your problems. How can you even borrow money at 20% interest? DO you know what it means?

The first step in living a fulfilling life is staying away from debt, which I have decided to do. The so called debt you take from banks and the likes always put one pressure on you that you end up making wrong business choices. Ask people paying LAPO loans what they go through and you will be surprised.

Unfortunately, many never learn.

Your problem had nothing to do with the money lender and absolutely everything to do with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Move Out? by Ibime(m): 2:19am On Dec 09, 2016
foyeks2001:
My brother, let me tell u dis secret... try and get ursef ' a daddy in d Lord' not d flamboyant and get rich quick pastors but someone u know Christ dwells in him...abt 3yrs ago, wen hubby and I were looking for 'house to rent', an agent took us to a beautiful building ,immediately I fell inlove with d place, in d evening, after church service, my hubby only informed our pastor dat, we ve seen, an apartment, b4 my hubby cld say jack robbinson, he told him dat house is not a house, he shud look for another... when hubby told me wat daddy said, I was like , u shudnt have informed him in d first place(was selfish cos already liked the apartment) , hubby said he only wanted to tell him dat , we wld soon leave where we were occupying to another... nevertheless a message was already given, dis is a pastor I know God dwells in him, still was not convinced, I called my mom to give us her pastor's number, called d pastor and told him abt an apartment we interested in, he told us to call back d next day, also remembered a mummy -pastor, called her again and explained, she also told us to call back d next day... so we called both d next day, my mum 's pastor told us same thing, d mummy-pastor asked us to see d owner first b4 we make payment, told her dat she doesn't need to hide anything from us, dat she is our mummy, she den told us d same thing also, she went further explaining to us dat, so dat it will not get to a point where we resort to selling off our property to feed.... immediately it dawned on me to remove dat 'love for d place' from my memory, so then looked for another.
NB:the 3pastors were all CAC pastors... one in Abuja, my mum 's pastor in Ekiti while d mummy in Lagos
So my brother, next time, always seek d face of God in whatsoever dealings u know might have any impact on u be it negatively or positively...

Brainwashed nonsense. If you can't afford the house, just tell us.

Africans always looking for witches and wizards under the carpet.

Even house sef done turn winch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Move Out? by bensowe(m): 3:26am On Dec 09, 2016
I think is spiritual battle, try and see my pastor, Pastor James. Contact him on this line 08109868412. God will answer you
Re: Should We Move Out? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:38am On Dec 09, 2016
Acidosis:
Could any of you criticizing OP for going spiritual ask for his address and spend some days, or better still, relocate to his home?

Do not force him to remain there if his spirit no longer agrees with the home and the associated ill luck.

OP, in so far as your spirit no longer agrees with the home you live in, whether a voodoo lives there or not, please move out.
Majority of these landlords are occultic. I once lived in an apartment with a lot of engraved & artistic images and flowers. I didn't know they had implications until after 2 years when the landlord openly listed the reasons he planted those "flowers".

There is a particular thread on a dead headless woman on the front-page. You think the killers used the head of the innocent woman for pepper soup?

Another one here: www.nairaland.com/3372477/theres-room-house-makes-skin/4

U nailed it. Nigerians link to claim ignorance of spiritual things when such things are real. Whether they believe it or not ocultic and diabolic powers exist in this part of the world. Most of these guys claiming atheist have encountered or seen diabolic powers. Don't behave lik American when u r in Nigeria. If they tink there s no diabolic power they shud better ask most politicians.

This is Nigeria, a country filled with people with evil intentions. If you won't join them in their evil deeds, you need to brace yourself in order to resist their ways. I can tell you of a fact that 9 out of 10 landlords in this country did something "spiritual" on their lands/home. To some, it is prayers from a priest, some buried pots, dead animals, etc. You are an ordinary tenant, you can't afford to live clandestinely.

It is true Nigeria is too spiritual.. but do westerners cut their neighbours head for rituals? Did Trump bath in the middle of the night with an animal's blood to win the US presidential election? Do UK politicians distribute money in red coffin, like Dino Melaye did in Kogi state?

There is no comparison here, Nigerians and indeed Africans are wicked.
Re: Should We Move Out? by AgentOfAllah: 5:03am On Dec 09, 2016
How can a house be responsible for your predicaments? Even if your hocus pocus bogus were true, and your landlord had magical powers, have you considered that it is in your landlord's best interest for you to be successful enough to pay your rent? Why then would they curse you?

Please, stop looking for people and things to blame for your failures. Of course, people can be unlucky sometimes...it's probabilistically plausible. So accept your failure as one of those things life throws at people, shed that foolish ego that makes you feel entitled to a job in an oil or any other company, do away with stagnating superstitions, move out of the house to a cheaper place to make life less difficult for yourself, keep looking for jobs or become creative with worthy business ideas that would save you from being at the mercy of employers.

Life happened to you my friend, so start telling yourself the cold hard truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Move Out? by sammhi(m): 5:30am On Dec 09, 2016
Op
It might not be the house but your relations or your wife relations not interested in your rise .
As Africans , blacks and Nigerians, jealousy runs deep in the family . That your aunt that seems so new very or uncle or broda may actually have planted things in you or your house and leading you to loose sense of money management and wasteful spending
First , rule out spiritual affect by getting a sound pastor
Evil lurks everywhere. I just wonder why you choose to get bak here instead of going out.
Re: Should We Move Out? by sammhi(m): 5:34am On Dec 09, 2016
Mobsync:

You have a nice plot here. Unfortunately, you and not the money lender is the cause of your problems. How can you even borrow money at 20% interest? DO you know what it means?

The first step in living a fulfilling life is staying away from debt, which I have decided to do. The so called debt you take from banks and the likes always put one pressure on you that you end up making wrong business choices. Ask people paying LAPO loans what they go through and you will be surprised.

Unfortunately, many never learn.

Your problem had nothing to do with the money lender and absolutely everything to do with you.
Stop being childish .... Evil lurks everywhere
Yes, maybe he made error going for 20% interest but don't rule out evil people

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by sammhi(m): 5:40am On Dec 09, 2016
TheTrueSeeker:

In 2013 had a very successful business and felt to set up more branches in Ph and Uyo. I had set up two more before I saw a business someone was willing to sell off and had to use my savings and a borrowed money (N300k) from a private money lender at 20% interest, with my Infiniti Jeep as collateral to buy....!!!

Not only did that new business with lots of
prospect go down within three months of buying off, I kept paying interest for that N300k for over two years. (you can do the maths to know what extra i had to pay as interest). I also had to close down remaining two purchased earlier.

As if that was not enough, i couldn't renew my two bedroom apartment rent and had to move in to my office. I slept in my office for two years (wasn't married then).

One day, my cleaner who used to clean both my beautiful apartment and office pressurized me to come see her pastor cos she couldn't stand coming to work in the morning and seeing 'oga' hiding somewhere behind his desk as his bed. i had laid her off but she refused to stop working insisting even if I do not pay her anymore, she would still be cleaning for me.

I reluctantly went during one of their night vigil and the Pastor told me during the service that the person i borrowed some money from was the reason for my predicament. (i didn't tell her or my cleaner i borrowed money from anyone).

She volunteered to come and pray with me in my office and the very next day after her prayer in my office, the money lender visited my office for no reason. (he had never been to my office before).

few months later, i had all his N300k and interest to pay him and retrieved my car back from him.

Guess what he told me the day i went to collect my properties, 'the only man who had been to the lion's den and returned'

After that experience, i vowed never to have anything to do with private money lenders....!!!
Please I need to contact that your pastor who did this for you . Kindly send me his phone no or send me a mail
I have send you a mail message from nairaland
Re: Should We Move Out? by PstBiola: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2016
otunbaa:

In June 2014, I moved into this house in ikeja while working with an oil and gas firm and my fiancé was living and working in the states and was planning to relocate back to Nigeria so we can get married and start our own family. In December 2014, same year I moved into the house, I got sacked by the company for no reason and this is a job I have been doing for almost 3 years and since then I have not gotten another job till this moment because I feel that someone with my experience shouldn't be finding it difficult to get another job because I have worked with 3 major oil and gas firms with close to 8 years experience. In 2015, my fiancé got back from the states hoping to start a business and before we know it we started spending the money on nothing tangible till it finished and ever since she tried going back but no luck due to no money to finance it and nobody is willing to assist us with money, it's like helpers are running away to assist. We struggled to pay this year's rent ( 300k ) which will expire by June next year. Just recently someone told us to move out of the house that the owner might have done something to hinder our progress while he progresses and also I was told by someone in the neighborhood that a labourer died in the building while building the house and we are the first occupant of this house. I and my fiancé have concluded to move out of the house.
So fellas what do you think?

Dear Otunba,
I greet you in the name of Jesus. It is well with you sir. I have meditate on your predicaments and I have a goodnews for you. Please relax, as you shall run, overtake and recover all the enemies have stolen from you.

Please, what is your dream like? You were attacked because you once neglected your responsibility to your guiding angels (your parent and someone who had help your destiny). The enemy took advantage of this and stood on that as a legal ground to attack you.

Please my God is able and ready to restore unto you all your wasted opportunities, if only you can retrace your steps (fiancee) back to the Almighty and ensure you restitute your ways with your guiding angels.

I am praying for you sir. Let me know if you have any questions. May the Lord have mercy on you and accept your restitutions. Amen

Yours in His Vineyard,

PstBiola
Re: Should We Move Out? by holocron: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2016
Opakan2:
@OP it's very true

the owner might not be living with you guys.. this world is full of evil people who don't care what becomes of others

Good thing you've identified some of the signs, just move if possible before the rent expires for your own good.. A friend of mine had similar experiance, he is doing well now after moving to another place

lemme give you and other NLers a quick peek into what they do.. they use landed properties or vehicles including tricycles, motorcycles for 'oshole' (rituals).. any tenant living in those houses can't progress.
The vehicles will have accidents from time to time in order to replenish their wealth etc. etc.

you see why you have to be very prayerful and vigilant

How does the impoverishment of their victims or the accidents of the vehicles replenish their wealth? For God's sake!
Re: Should We Move Out? by Otitemmanu: 6:13am On Dec 09, 2016
Move out before you loose you wife to be,the house is cursed.
Re: Should We Move Out? by sonnie10: 6:20am On Dec 09, 2016
Let me play ignorance a little. Op, do you think that if Nigeria was like the US where if you loose your job, the unemployment insurance would pay you almost the same amount you were making every week for the next 6 months, do you think we would be having this discussion today?

Sometimes, I think the problem Africans are facing is basically lack of structured system that is consistent with the challenges and realities of modern life. If there were systems in place like subsidized housing for low/no income people, unemployment insurance and robust legal avenues to seek redress in the event of wrongful termination of employment, the problems mentioned here would have been resolved without bringing in the landlord.

Like I said at the beginning, I am only playing ignorance of evil.

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 09, 2016
If all these spiritual fathers, alfas or pastors that you all run to find solution to your predicaments are that powerful or influential, how come they all have not join forces to find solution to Nigeria's numerous problem?? Or don't they care about the development of the country? Too much bologs & nonsense in this thread abeg embarassed
Re: Should We Move Out? by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 09, 2016
PstBiola:

Dear Otunba,
I greet you in the name of Jesus. It is well with you sir. I have meditate on your predicaments and I have a goodnews for you. Please relax, as you shall run, overtake and recover all the enemies have stolen from you.

Please, what is your dream like? You were attacked because you once neglected your responsibility to your guiding angels (your parent and someone who had help your destiny). The enemy took advantage of this and stood on that as a legal ground to attack you.

Please my God is able and ready to restore unto you all your wasted opportunities, if only you can retrace your steps (fiancee) back to the Almighty and ensure you restitute your ways with your guiding angels.

I am praying for you sir. Let me know if you have any questions. May the Lord have mercy on you and accept your restitutions. Amen

Yours in His Vineyard,

PstBiola
This one can read someone's destiny and proffer solution via nairaland.. Na wa ooo..
The OP didn't even give enough details as we all know their are 3 sides of a story.. But The Lord has spoken to you.. Lol
Re: Should We Move Out? by TheProfe: 6:31am On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=Mimzyy post=51731417]It is really pathetic.

It is only in Nigerian churches that the pastor/G.O. will have numerous bodyguards and will tell his members to buy anointing water for protection over their lives.

How ironic.

Ur comment seems unrelated to the topic
Re: Should We Move Out? by MARKone(m): 6:43am On Dec 09, 2016
People saying that OP, is not a was wise spender, was he not a wise spender before he moved into the house. People should be able to troubleshoot to an extent where a problem is coming from. Things turned upside down for the OP immediately he moved into the house. OP when ur Rent is due jejely pack out that house, u shouldn't have even renewed the rent sef, June far o.
Re: Should We Move Out? by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Acidosis:

I get the points, but I'd still advise OP to go ahead and fortify himself. Some atheists will jump on this thread, read your comments and mislead innocent people. I actually don't take them seriously. They mostly claim they don't believe in God but what we don't know is that their parents are back in the village praying and fasting earnestly for their success. Even our Seun on Nairaland has misled a lot of ignorant people into his beliefs. What they don't know is that the name "Seun" actually means "Oluwaseun" (meaning: God thank you). What this tells me is that Seun's parents may actually be the serious prayer warriors behind his success.

I have a very wealthy Uncle today who, I'm sure must have misled a lot of people with his wayward life. Today, they all celebrate him, spend his money, but what these people don't know is that my uncle spent a month in MFM when he nearly died of poverty. Today he is wealthy and have totally forgotten about God or Church. If he claims atheist today, a lot of his followers will abandon God.

Today, everyone envy Don Jazzy. What they don't know is that Don Jazzy hails from Celestial Church. While he no longer attends Cele, I'm 100% sure he has links with those priests who continually fortify him, in spite his wealth.

smh....
Re: Should We Move Out? by Bonj(m): 6:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Please leave!

It could be bad money management or the house. Salvage your situation from both ends.

So many arm-chair critics are quick to throw their opinions around with absolutely no idea what it is you're talking about.

My personal experience still has me reeling: I've been there!

I was of the opinion that "Aiye" only existed in nollywood until they came......started in a house I rented. The neighbors only started to talk
after all four tenants in the house were clearly seen to be struggling.

I also believed no one born of a woman, with blood and water flowing in their veins could touch me; as long as I did good and was at peace with all men. WRONG!

The full story would come across as something out of a typical nollywood movie script.

You don't need any "Daddy in the Lord". Find a good christian - not from any of these new generations business centres. And it shouldn't cost you a dime. You have a whole of praying to do.

Find a new place and get it together.
Re: Should We Move Out? by Acidosis(m): 6:58am On Dec 09, 2016
messenger4891:
Are you a pastor?
No sir. Why?
Re: Should We Move Out? by Acidosis(m): 7:01am On Dec 09, 2016
Mobsync:

And what do you mean by "priests"? So far, I know landlords call mostly alfas or pastors, depending on their religious alignment. So please clarify the word "priest" because you make it sound as if they call some occult people.

Okay, Clergy seems appropriate.

The word priest was otherwise used to refer to: Alfas, Ifa priests, Pastors, Prophets (whether diabolic or pentecostal), etc.

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by Acidosis(m): 7:02am On Dec 09, 2016
Joavid:

smh....
hmm...smh....
Re: Should We Move Out? by Bonj(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2016
Adeoba10:

Awon ti Lambe inside...

Flesh and blood did not reveal that to you ......that axis is very troubled.
Re: Should We Move Out? by deenee: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2016
You have worked in oil and gas for 8 years, still single and yet no savings at all. Why is this so?

You fiancee is planned to do business after relocating back from the states but spent all the business money on intangible stuff. One question. Didn't you guys do a feasibility and back ground study before the decision to invest. Abi you just decided to do naira bet style of investing and hope to hit it big.

Oil and Gas isn't doing well now because of the fall in crude oil prices so it's quite understandable that there are some lay offs in the sector.

Pls move out of you house since you think the landlord is the reason for you misfortune. Get a pastor to bless your new abode, pray and fast but note this caveat. Nothing will change if you don't get you money management and business skills right.

God bless.
Re: Should We Move Out? by cucumbar: 7:55am On Dec 09, 2016
TheTrueSeeker:

Not only did that new business with lots of prospect go down within three months of buying off, I kept paying interest for that N300k for over two years. (you can do the maths to know what extra i had to pay as interest). I also had to close down remaining two purchased earlier.

Hmmm! I can relate. Not personal experience though. Collect money from these lenders, and you will never be able to pay back, but a lot of peeps still believe people don't possess certain evil powers. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Should We Move Out? by homesteady(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2016
masseratti:
Don Jazzy is not Cele but C&S, there is a difference in the two churches, Just like Redeem and winners

Please what are the differences between both of them?
Re: Should We Move Out? by homesteady(m): 8:18am On Dec 09, 2016
Valkyr:
I could say there's no causal element because time has interfered. If the events were proximate like while parking in, your car was snatched and so and so, one could be certain.
The art of bewitchment seems real. At least, one bright brain I know is researching it. He wouldn't waste his time chasing such shadow for nothing. Man lives in two worlds and these two worlds do act on each other...

I'm being talkative? Go buy incense. U no need ordination to do that. Just bless it, burn it. If you can speak Latin do cos that's what the devil listens to attentively..na spiritual first aid before pronouncements of experts.

Ahhh grin
Abeg ohh!

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by foyeks2001(f): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2016
Ibime:

Brainwashed nonsense. If you can't afford the house, just tell us.

Africans always looking for witches and wizards under the carpet.

Even house sef done turn winch.

I'm sorry for ur ignorance....anytime u r in 9ja... take a trip down to Kuje-Fct.... there are two buildings standing next to each other...one is a storey building while d oda is a bungalow....everyone knows abt these two buildings.... according to wat I heard abt d bungalow was, even if u av more than a hundred vehicles ,b4 u moved-in, u won't know how to give accounts of wat actually happened to them. As for d storey building, at midnight, d former occupants experienced strange things like hearing pple pounding, foot-steps, talking etc.... in fact a Redeemed Church had to abandon d building after paying d rent, maybe they didn't seek d face of God b4 making payment...those two buildings have been on sale now for yrs.... well maybe u can get ursef 'pampered' by acquiring one of them for Christmas....
Re: Should We Move Out? by masseratti: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2016
homesteady:

Please what are the differences between both of them?
alot,few similarities white garments and candles are the few similarities, one wears shoes with their white garments, the other dont, one use different color of candles for prayers the other use strictly white, one clap during praise and worship the other doesn't, their mode of worship is very different. Just like catholic and Anglican.
Re: Should We Move Out? by otunbaa(m): 8:48am On Dec 09, 2016
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. But I think having plenty spiders and cobwebs in a house is not a good thing because that's what we noticed too in the house and they appear within 3 days of cleaning them( sorry I didn't include that in my initial write up ). I think am prudent enough because I had a barbing salon and a viewing center but all gone now. The building have 6 flats and 4 tenants left last year ( I met them there ) and we are the first occupant of the flat we are staying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity / The Finishing Of Osun State Edifice By Rotech77 / FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.