Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,575 members, 7,955,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections (586 Views)

Breaking Wike Declares Rivers State 100% Christian State / Rivers Re-run Elections: Makarfi’s PDP Rejects Magnus Abe’s Victory / Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by ceomike(m): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2016
The Rivers Government has declared a three-day fasting to seek God’s intervention for peace and order in the state, ahead of the Dec. 10 rerun elections

Mr Austin Tam-George, the state Commission for Information, stated this in a statement he issued on Monday in Port Harcourt.

According to the commissioner, the fasting will span between Wednesday, Dec. 7 and Friday, Dec. 9.

He said that Gov. Nyesom Wike pleaded with residents and churches in the state to actively participate in the spiritual exercise.
“The fasting will involve churches and residents of the state; the essence is to seek God’s divine intervention in the election.

“We know that when we seek the face of God, He will cause our state to have a peaceful rerun election and no principality or power can stand Him.’’

He enjoined Rivers people to engage in acts capable of promoting peace during the election.

http://latestnews.com.ng/governor-wike-declares-fasting-river-re-run-elections/
Re: Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 06, 2016
After committing atrocities and now he is haunted by his misdeed! Fasting or no fasting, my PVC is ready to vote against PDP. Nonsense!
Re: Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2016
Fasting?

If I blow yah mouth

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by mykemiley(f): 10:51am On Dec 06, 2016
EastGold:
Fasting?

If I blow yah mouth
as in ehn..... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by Godprotectigbo2(f): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by Justiceleague1: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Wike,watch and pray. But be at peace for the Lord shall put the enemies to shame.
Power2DPeople.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by Justiceleague1: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
PHC1stBorn:
After committing atrocities and now he is haunted by his misdeed! Fasting or no fasting, my PVC is ready to vote against PDP. Nonsense!
thou shalt not jugde.

The devil ye know is better than the angel ye dont know.

And do not throw the baby away with the bath water. Be wise

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Declares Fasting For River Re-run Elections by Franky826: 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin

Fasting and they wield sophisticated weapons in their hand and fast with the stomach?

Is there a better fasting than repentance and good governance?

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Agric Commissioner Resigns / Buhari To Pay One Day Working Visit To Bauchi State On Tuesday / I Have A Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.