Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Good Night Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Night Christianity (421 Views)

Why Should I Believe In Christianity? / Tips On Getting A Good Night’s Rest / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Night Christianity by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2016
Oreofe Williams
GOOD NIGHT TO CHRISTIANITY
People are gradually getting ashamed of the Gospel.
Churches are busy raising money!
Ministries are competing with muscles!
People go on facebook telling us how many times they have been to London and America in one year...
Mission work is gone!
From one big hall to another big hall, they pay between N850,000 and N2million to host 'great' programmes, and many of the hosts are secretly in debts! They have abandoned village evangelism. If and only if they convert the resources they use in renting halls to mobilizing people to storm villages to preach, more souls could have been won.
People only use the title of an Evangelist, while the work of evangelism is gradually disappearing!
We are flying across the globe making dollars and yet we return home to deceive people we were on a mission work!
We no longer serve Jesus. We feel he won't come back again?
People who don't serve want to reap
They clamour for glamour instead of glory
They have no zeal for evangelism, no passion to save souls
Check their facebook and instagram, it's all about lies, lies, lies...
Nothing about Jesus on their walls
Nothing about Christ, about Kingdom projects
It is all self promotion full of lies
Jesus!
This generation is gradually failing you... And the elders we once respected have joined the wagon!
When last did the least of us go on a village evangelism?
When last did we go on missions?
The best of facilities are in our hands to promote Jesus Christ
But we are busy feeding the world with lies of what we are not
We upload our cars, houses, our pictures in latest brand of attires... Glamour! Glamour! Glamour !
How many Senior Pastors, Evangelists and founders still go quietly on village missions...? I mean real village missions... No noise! No protocols! No security! Going exactly the way they began in the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Things have changed! Competition has jumped in. That stupid 'demon' called RECESSION has messed up many things for zealous people.
People are busy distributing cars and helicopters for distribution of evangelical materials in Africa, we are busy saying heads will roll if people don't pay tithes.
People are tired of giving towards Kingdom works. I am not a pastor but when I host programmes once in a while , we receive offerings. There was one we held. Many attendees but guess the offering : N1,220. It is not up to 5 USD. They gave N20 so generously. One even gave a torn N20 note. I discovered later that some of my mentees had N500 notes with them. I asked one 'I know your offering is between you and God, but tell me... How much did you give? '
'Twenty Naira' he said. He picked N20 from a collection of N500 notes. He has his plans for those notes. Yes! That's what happens when people are already feeling defrauded!
People don't want to do Gospel again. Gospel musicians are jumping straight out. I saw one young man upload a personal gospel video on his wall. I was happy. Are there still young people like this?
Filmmakers nko? Don't talk about us. Gospel films that shook the world in the 90's are gone. Most Drama Evangelists are now mingling with pastors and General overseers. They now preach. They now behave like General overseers. They now attend conventions to sit in the midst of Senior Apostles. I see Leaders of Drama Ministries sit on the altar among Senior Pastors. They help them to receive offerings. Yet, the entire programme goes without a SINGLE MINISTRATION ON SALVATION from their primary calling. They are already getting tired. It's called packaging. They want to be respected and honoured. When you wear suits, you look like a G.O. They now use the altar to build connections.
'Pastor Stamina', the Lord will give you the financial stamina to invite us to your church in Canada very soon. The Gospel must reach Canada very soon. You will book flight ticket for me, my wife, my children, my cousin, my nephew. Don't worry about our house maid. She has no zeal for global outreaches! ''
The great men of God do not know the differences between Global Evangelism and Family picnic!!! He wants to reach out to foreign nations but his own village that is under bondage has not been visited for evangelism in the last five years!
What they never did when they started!
Those powerful stage plays have disappeared. Mission films are gone! They now invite me, OREOFE WILLIAMS, to attend big services where I will preach like a pastor. They guard me with protocols as if I would be kidnapped. They put me in hotels and ask hefty men to stay at the door. Iranu! Abasha! Rubbish! I asked a Pastor one day to free me and ask his men to go, I want to meet with the youths personally. NO PROTOCOL! They can't harm me!
People are already leaving their core missions, flying about doing other things.
Yes, it is good, very good to also impact lives that way... Very good to preach on church altars when invited by pastors ... But we must never 'throway' the primary calling.
People go to the altar to share testimonies about new cars, visas, new jobs, marriage, etc. And we all clap, clap, claaaaaaaap... But when anyone comes up stage to share a testimony that he won five souls last week, we don't clap because we are waiting for the actual testimony he has come to share!
Either you like it or not, Jesus still wants you to preach the GOSPEL!
And the Gospel is not in cars and banks...
The Gospel is in the death and resurrection of my Lord and saviour JESUS CHRIST.
Now, don't be too eager to defend your church. In humility, just ask God to help you. As far as some of us are concerned, a day will never come that because of our character, someone will rise and say 'good night Christianity '!!!
OREOFE WILLIAMS
whatsapp onlyhi

Source :https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1462379927123077&id=100000532502016&refid=7&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6360893244172567246%3Amf_story_key.2813307932304327446&__tn__=%2As
cc:lalasticlaa'mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Good Night Christianity by Nutase: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2016
Word.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Order Members To Drink 'gutter' Water (photos,video) / The "All" Of Belief / Warning! Atheist That Fears The Truth Should Avoid This: Amazing Evidence Of GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.