Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

How Can I Chose A Sample Size? PLEASE HEEEELP - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Chose A Sample Size? PLEASE HEEEELP (909 Views)

FUTO Lecturer's Message To His Student Who Chose Kaduna For His IT / A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos) / How To Calculate A Relaible Sample Size Using Taro Yamane Method (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Chose A Sample Size? PLEASE HEEEELP by intrepid: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hello everyone here.I am seriously in need of assistance on this as it has kept me from progressing with my research for almost 2 months now.

My population is just 120.

And i read that there is a formula to calculate the sample size for small populations,however i have searched the internet well without finding such.

What sampling method can i use for such a small population and is there a formula i can use to support what i did?

thanks everyone
Re: How Can I Chose A Sample Size? PLEASE HEEEELP by Klins2000(m): 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
The population is not that large enough to consider sample size. I suggest you use all.
But if you insist on using sample size, then google the formula of Yaro Yamanne (1969), and apply it and get your sample size.
You can also use the statistical table of Krejcie and Morgan (1970) to derive your sample size.
Good luck.
Re: How Can I Chose A Sample Size? PLEASE HEEEELP by intrepid: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
Klins2000:
The population is not that large enough to consider sample size. I suggest you use all.
But if you insist on using sample size, then google the formula of Yaro Yamanne (1969), and apply it and get your sample size.
You can also use the statistical table of Krejcie and Morgan (1970) to derive your sample size.
Good luck.

Thanks a lot brother. I was considering using all but I needed to back it up with a reason. Any reference that supports using all of a population in a research?

I read census method but I haven't yet seen any literature that defined it or talked about WHEN it should be used. You know I have to be able to defend what I used and why I used it.

Once again. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

5 Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions / A Must Read: JAMB Result Upgrade And All You Need To Know - The Latest / WAEC Releases 2017 May/june Results; 214,952 Results Withheld - See Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.