Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,287 members, 7,954,146 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:04 PM

Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano (2760 Views)

I Wasn’t Gang Raped; I Agreed To Have Sex With Them, 16-yr-old / Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State / Female Corps Member Missing (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
Two female corps members raped in Kano
From DESMOND MGBOH, Kano

Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Pain and anguish have continued to trail the cases of two female members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), who were raped at gunpoint to a state of semi consciousness by a gang of 14 young men at their place of primary assignment in Fagge area of Kano State.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/11/506.html

The corps members, whose identities are being kept secret by the relevant authorities, are of the Yoruba extraction, Daily Sun can confirm. One of them is a native of Lagos State while the other victim hails from Oyo State.

The brutal assault, it was gathered, took place at the home of the female corps members, which is situated at the official ‘Corpers lodge’ of Adamu Vice Secondary School, in Fagge. This lodge is located within a walking distance from the secretariat of the Fagge Local Government Council and of a similar distance from the Fagge Divisional Police Station in the heart of the state capital.

An eye-witnesse told the Daily Sun that the tragic incident, which occurred after midnight, on the November 3, 2009, had the entire 14-man gang sleeping with the ladies in turns. The raping took place after the gang had scared off the school’s gate men and the male corps members in their midst, locking up the former in a nearby female staff quarters and the latter in a small room in the compound.

Spokesman to the Nigeria Police Force, Kano State, Superintendent Baba Mohammed confirmed the ugly incident in a chat with the Daily Sun on Tuesday. He disclosed that, so far four suspects have been arrested in connection with the incident, even as he pointed out that those in the custody of the police have since denied the commission of the act.

Speaking also to the Daily Sun on Tuesday, the principal of Adamu Vice Secondary School , where the heinous act occurred Alhaji Mohammed Garba, said that although the corps members were domiciled in his quarters, they were actually engaged for their primary assignment by a nearby Women Centre , where they are teaching.

According to his account of the abuse, “On the 3rd of November, 2009, when my watchmen were outside and their fellow corps member were making free calls, they were suddenly invaded by a gang of about 14 men.
They asked the maiguards (watchmen) to go inside the female staff quarters and also got the male corps members locked up in one room. The female corps members were already a sleep at the time. At first, the female victims refused to the open their doors, but they were later persuaded by the watchmen and the fellow corps members, who pleaded with them to open the door and avoid being killed”.

He went further: “Later on, they opened the door. The gang first collected their money, then their handsets, their wrappers and their foodstuffs, which was in the carton, because one of them was about to travel and had arranged her things.

And thereafter, they raped all of them.

“When my maiguards (watchmen) saw what had happened, they sneaked through, jumped the window, and went out to inform the police, He said the school had so far shouldered the bills of the medication of the ill fated corps members, who were rushed, after the incident to the Murtala Hospital in the state.

Sources close to the Daily Sun revealed that the ladies had since moved out of the lodge to an undisclosed location inside Sabon Garri area, where it was speculated that they were squatting with their Yoruba relatives, many of whom felt aggrieved.

Ironically, the Fagge Local Government Chairman, Alhaji Tukur Mohammed, who is supposed to be the guardian of all the corps members posted to his domain, has demonstrated the coldest indifference to the plights of the rape victims. According to the principal, “Up to this time that I am talking to you, the Local Government Chairman has not turned up to take any responsibility for the medication of the victims. It was the school that took them to the hospital and it is the school that has been paying their bills.

The NYSC State Coordinator in Kano State, Nuhu Kwage is away for the orientation exercise in Karaye local council but his officials have been on top of the development.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
A pathetic price to pay for serving your country. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by Fhemmmy: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2009
I wld like to know what would happen to the criminals . . . . .hope sharia law will have their dikcs cut off
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2009
Catch them first.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by mekusxxx: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2009
NYSC should simply be stopped. It has outlived its usefulness and southerners are the ones bearing the brunt. How many Northern (especially hausa fulani) girls go to school, how much less serving?
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by finemocha(f): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2009
so im presume those men are muslim. so they should get their things cut off right.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2009
Again, find them first. The chairman of the area no send the raped women sef.

Ironically, the Fagge Local Government Chairman, Alhaji Tukur Mohammed, who is supposed to be the guardian of all the corps members posted to his domain, has demonstrated the coldest indifference to the plights of the rape victims. According to the principal, “Up to this time that I am talking to you, the Local Government Chairman has not turned up to take any responsibility for the medication of the victims. It was the school that took them to the hospital and it is the school that has been paying their bills.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by Fhemmmy: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Again, find them first. The chairman of the area no send the raped women sef.

It is just pathetic that people are sent into all these rural places all in the names of serving the nation for some peanuts and all they get is being raped?
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2009
Why are we sending our youths on service when their lives are not guaranteed,,,is event like this not enough to warrant scrapping off this suicide mission.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by puskin: 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2009
Why is that every week one tragedy befalls serving Corps members across the country, mostly in the North.
This story is so pathetic.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by naijaking1: 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2009
mekusxxx:

NYSC should simply be stopped. It has outlived its usefulness and southerners are the ones bearing the brunt. How many Northern (especially hausa fulani) girls go to school, how much less serving?

The NYSC has continued to supply the northern Hausa/Fulanis with fresh young, educated, and beautiful southern girls to rape, kill, and forcefully convert to their henious way of life. How do you say One Nigeria shocked
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by texazzpete(m): 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2009
naijaking1:

The NYSC has continued to supply the northern Hausa/Fulanis with fresh young, educated, and beautiful southern girls to rape, kill, and forcefully convert to their henious way of life. How do you say One Nigeria shocked

And the same NYSC has continued to supply high quality teachers to millions of primary and secondary school students especially in Rural areas.

Fhemmmy:

I wld like to know what would happen to the criminals . . . . .hope sharia law will have their dikcs cut off

I'm not 100% certain, but i think under sharia law the accuser has to provide 3 witnesses - and the three witnesses must be credible and upstanding muslim members of the community who can attest to have witnessed the rape.
If na by sharia law, these people will get off scot-free.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by skfa1: 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2009
texazzpete:

I'm not 100% certain, but i think under sharia law the accuser has to provide 3 witnesses - and the three witnesses must be credible and upstanding muslim  members of the community who can attest to have witnessed the rape.
If na by sharia law, these people will get off scot-free.

What if they have camera evidence. Will they disqualify the evidence because the camera is neither an elder nor muslim?
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by mastry: 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
the rapes going on the the south- are they being investigated?

and why was the victims' tribe mentioned here?

More yellow journalism?

oh- the thread was started by aloy emeka.

"nuff said.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 11:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
mastry:

More yellow journalism?

"nuff said.

tpia rebaptized as mastry. Who is banning you? grin grin grin
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by MrCrackles(m): 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2009
mastry:

More yellow journalism?

"nuff said.
Are you a Tilapia fish
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by mastry: 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

tpia rebaptized as mastry. Who is banning you? grin grin grin

answer the question.

As per the ban- it seems your "lovely" Sarah and her many supporters cant stand anybody who doesnt grovel.

Though one would wonder- if you dont want criticism, why start stupid threads wink

MrCrackles:

Are you a Tilapia fish

you're a coward- go and face your many detracters and quit jumping up because you think you see a soft target.

I know how you were shivering in fear over mrscrackles.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 11:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are you a Tilapia fish

Thats her new handle. Imagine claiming tribalism against victims of a heinous crime. Of course the journalist shouldn't have mentioned their name since they are yet to get justice but how is that nairaland tribalism?
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2009
mastry:

answer the question.

As per the ban- it seems your "lovely" Sarah and her many supporters cant stand anybody who doesnt grovel.

Though one would wonder- if you dont want criticism, why start stupid threads wink

So Sarah banned you from her coven in UK or is it that Seun is dating Sarah. Which one is it?
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by mastry: 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Thats her new handle. Imagine claiming tribalism against victims of a heinous crime. Of course the journalist shouldn't have mentioned their name since they are yet to get justice but how is that nairaland tribalism?

why was their tribe mentioned?

People also get raped in the south without it being blown up and their tribes named and I'm starting to get suspicious of these reported rapes in the north.

It may also be southerners doing the raping for all one knows.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by mastry: 11:25pm On Nov 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

So Sarah banned you from her coven in UK or is it that Seun is dating Sarah. Which one is it?

I was referring to whoever started the thread.

If you dont like your idol being scrutinized then set up her shrine in your bedroom where you can worship her daily with no interference.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by MrCrackles(m): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2009
mastry:
you're a coward- go and face your many detracters and quit jumping up because you think you see a soft target.

I know how you were shivering in fear over mrscrackles.
Oh i see. . . . Tilapia fish AKA Mastry!
Dang but why did you have to hide under a new ID grin
So you noticed the stark raving lunatic called Mrs Crackle chasing me all over the place grin
I tire oo. . .Come tilapia what should i do to the idiot Mrs Crackles stalking me undecided
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2009
mastry:

why was their tribe mentioned?

People also get raped in the south without it being blown up and their tribes named and I'm starting to get suspicious of these reported rapes in the north.

It may also be southerners doing the raping for all one knows.

How does that change the fact that they were raped?. You seem to care about Yoruba more than the raped women. These women may have contracted HIV from that rave. Have mercy for once in your life.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2009
mastry:

I was referring to whoever started the thread.

If you dont like your idol being scrutinized then set up her shrine in your bedroom where you can worship her daily with no interference.

You can grind that one out with the OP and you are the one dragging it out of proportion. Both women are 500X hotter and younger than you, so I don't know why you care so much. If you disagree, that doesn't mean you should force your own choice down others throat after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by bibiking1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
where is texaspette? Let him come and defend the relevance of this obsolete and self-destructive scheme?
The NYSC has lost its purpose, IT SHOULD BE SCRAPPED!
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by bawomolo(m): 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
texazzpete:

And the same NYSC has continued to supply high quality teachers to millions of primary and secondary school students especially in Rural areas.

at what cost though. I really don't see how a revolving door of NYSC teachers helps students in the long run. Continuity is needed at some point.

I hope the culprits are caught
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 12, 2009
^^^

won't happen

they should scrap it, since the governemnt cannot protect the corpers who are their wards

last year it was some corpers in the niger delta

the worst part of the whole thing is that NYSC is a complete failure - posting people to rural areas exposes them to the worst nigerian tribes have to offer, hardcore xenophobes

most people i know who served in remote villags or places of that nature came back sweaing that all the things u heard abut so and so tribe are true those people are fked

enough with nysc.

we have given enough to this bloody country already
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by victorazy(m): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2009
nysc should be stoped thats all cuz if my sis or fiance been raped cuz of this bushit call nysc, i will commit murder, i sway.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by AloyEmeka6: 1:03am On Nov 12, 2009
Corpers help in rural Nigeria and I don't think  it should be banned because of few ugly cases.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by puskin: 1:12am On Nov 12, 2009
True.
I don't subscribe 2outright banning of the scheme.
Re: Two Female Corps Members Gang Raped In Kano by bawomolo(m): 1:16am On Nov 12, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Corpers help in rural Nigeria and I don't think  it should be banned because of few ugly cases.

Well provide security if you want them to risk their lives.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Arrested For Drug Trafficking In Thailand. / Anambra Crime: Student Kills Senior Prefect / Herdsman Shot Dead for Kidnapping Tipper Driver in Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.