Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Newsflash: Nigerian Links Finally Support Psn And Xbox Live Gold! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Newsflash: Nigerian Links Finally Support Psn And Xbox Live Gold! (1809 Views)

How To Unban Your PS3 And Log Into Psn On A Jailbroken PS3. / Nigerian Online Ps3 Gamers Community - Pls Drop Your Psn Id Here / Pro Evo Mini League On Psn And Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Newsflash: Nigerian Links Finally Support Psn And Xbox Live Gold! by dakmanzero(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2009
Yesterday, after about 30 minutes configuring ICS, bluetooth tethering and Windows XP port forwarding, I went online with a prepaid account with an allowance of 50 megs and funded with 500 Naira for a sole purpose: To determine whether or not, as has been alleged by certain people, online gaming has indeed come to Nigeria in an affordable way. You probably know what the answer is already (since I took the pain to explain my setup, heh heh…) but this is such exciting news that I feel I need to drag my verdict out a little…, just to add a bit of drama!

I actually used MTN's 3G connection, which can be seen detailed on my blog here:

http://www.portlagos.com/?p=12

For the techie geeks, pinging the central dns is a consistent sub-300ms value, so games can be played online at acceptable (not prime) quality!!!!
Re: Newsflash: Nigerian Links Finally Support Psn And Xbox Live Gold! by iykedee: 11:29am On Nov 12, 2009
Followed ur link, brilliant!!!. I use swift broadband and for mk vs dc universe, it is riddled with lag even with an excellent connection icon. For pes 2010, don't even attempt it but for uncharted 2, it is basically lag-free and utterly awesome although it might take a while to connect. All this is on the PSN. For the 360, I play GoW2 and it's ok for the most part. I think this basically has sth to do with the fact that PSN and Xbox Live don't have dedicated servers in this part of the world.

I was in sweden a while ago and enjoyed gaming heaven there. Nice Analytical write-up. Kudos
Re: Newsflash: Nigerian Links Finally Support Psn And Xbox Live Gold! by ogagusps3: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2009

cool
all games play online flawlessly

(1) (Reply)

SOLD OUT..Cash And Carry Brand New 500gb Ps4 ( Playstation 4) From Usa For 82000 / Fifa 18 Career Mode: Everything You Need To Know / Playstation 4 Fifa 19 And Pes 19 For Sale! Sale!! Sale!!! At #5,000 Each...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.