Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,531 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:49 PM

How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? (36122 Views)

Magic Or Witchcraft: Human Electricity Power Conductor? / 4 Factors To Consider Before Switching To Solar Electricity Power In Nigeria / Anybody With The Lumos Solar Electricity Powerd By Mtn.please Enlight Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by stuffs4me(m): 5:30am On Dec 17, 2016
kingphilip:
yes its very much possible. i am an accountant and i'm also a good solar engineer

You are just a quack engineer. You might be an installer but not an engineer.

Its like a road side chemist guy calling himself a Doctor.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by HilcomTech(m): 5:34am On Dec 17, 2016
fm4real2k6:
I'm currently in Ilorin, Kwara state, I need a 3.5kva Inverter + Batteries.
I do not have money for solar Panels for now.
I do want to know which Generator capacity can charge this without any hassle if there is no electricity?

And please I need sound enginner that can guide/sell for me QUALITY AND DURABILITY is the watchword.

You fab contact me whatsapp ONLY: 08066920770

We have several years experience in solar and inverter installations. Check my profile for my phone number and email and contact me for a professional job you will enjoy.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by kingphilip(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2016
stuffs4me:

You are just a quack engineer. You might be an installer but not an engineer.

Its like a road side chemist guy calling himself a Doctor.
you may have to prove that
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by stuffs4me(m): 8:36am On Dec 17, 2016
kingphilip:

What is there to prove again.
You are basically an installer.

You don't have the required qualifications to call yourself an engineer. End of story.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by kingphilip(m): 8:52am On Dec 17, 2016
stuffs4me:

What is there to prove again.
You are basically an installer.

You don't have the required qualifications to call yourself an engineer. End of story.
what qualifications qualifies one to be called an engineer
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by stuffs4me(m): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
kingphilip:
what qualifications qualifies one to be called an engineer

Don't get yourself worked up, Nigeria is basically a lawless country where anyone can call himself anything. In other seriuos countries, you could find yourself behind bars for calling yourself what you are not.

I'm just telling you what the law says. I didn't write the laws anyway, so if you have an ax to grind, you can head to the nearest COREN office. I m sure they will handle your case effectively. As an advice though, make sure you have your bail money in your pocket before going.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by DMerciful(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Solar is not as expensive as being portrayed and besides NEPA is relatively cheap because it is not available and you cannot run generator 24/7 and compare it to solar apart from being highly inconvenient. I installed a 1000W solar system in May 2016 and i have not run generator since then neither has anything failed. People meet quacks who knows little about solar designs and when they are given poor systems they start making generalizations that solar doesnt last.
Start using solar and you will never go back...yes its additive cos it feels great to control your own energy.

3 Likes

Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by chris81964(m): 10:58am On Dec 18, 2016
kingphilip:
We have a fixation on titles. Maybe people should look at the dictionary and see what it says an engineer is.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer
Maybe this will settle this once and for all. There are people who have the experience and know how that outperform engineers.
You don't need a designation to be good at what you do.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by stuffs4me(m): 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
chris81964:

We have a fixation on titles. Maybe people should look at the dictionary and see what it says an engineer is.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer
Maybe this will settle this once and for all. There are people who have the experience and know how that outperform engineers.
You don't need a designation to be good at what you do.

There are no such people bro.

Apparently, you haven't read the link you posted yourself because there is nothing in the write up to say you can call yourself what you are not.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by alsudaes1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
DMerciful:
Solar is not as expensive as being portrayed and besides NEPA is relatively cheap because it is not available and you cannot run generator 24/7 and compare it to solar apart from being highly inconvenient. I installed a 1000W solar system in May 2016 and i have not run generator since then neither has anything failed. People meet quacks who knows little about solar designs and when they are given poor systems they start making generalizations that solar doesnt last.
Start using solar and you will never go back...yes its additive cos it feels great to control your own energy.

Please what is the total cost for the 1KW solar system?
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by chris81964(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
stuffs4me:

There are no such people bro.

Apparently, you haven't read the link you posted yourself because there is nothing in the write up to say you can call yourself what you are not.

Read what I wrote slowly. If you don't get it, let me break it down. You don't need to be an engineer to be good at work engineers do.
Read about Henry Ford and many men like him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford

PS. I am not your bro.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by DMerciful(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
Depends....Whatsapp me on 08035415969 if really interested so I can guide you
alsudaes1:

Please what is the total cost for the 1KW solar system?
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by 360command: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
Mightyraw:

Yea dats what we do,
We isolate the heavy system so that it wont run down the inverter,
When u said u installed 2.5kva for 260k dat gat me confused
Cos an average 12volt battery now is above 100k depending on the producer
12volt battery is above 100k! What is the size of the battery I mean in AH?
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by 360command: 10:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Kingsley1000:
yea....rocking for 8months now,with good inverter system(battery)
please tell me the specs of your solar panel kits and where you bought it. Let me know the price too?
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by 360command: 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
idsolar:
1. Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp
- NEW

2. Emel inverter 1,500va, 24v (used) for sale

call/whatsapp - 08033735359
how much?
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by Mightyraw(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
360command:
200Ah
Luminous, quata, genus, etcetera
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by Mightyraw(m): 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
360command:
Even the 2volts 1000Ah price are *2
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by MightyFortress: 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
durodee:
I wrote this analysis actually a few months ago to answer a question about using solar setup for an hair saloon or so. I have modified to reflect current market scenario. Pls enjoy!##

I will attempt to answer this. I have a business that must have power supply 24/7. This is my 6th year and 10th generator (6 petrol, 4 diesel including two 3.5kva, one 5.5 Lister and the biggest is a 15kva diesel.) About a year ago I installed a 5kva inverter coupled to 4 deep cycle batteries and 1.4kw solar panels. This decision I have not regretted as I will analyse below.
First: The CHEAPEST power source in Nigeria is the National grid (Nepa of Old) BUT this is almost always unreliable for business.
Secondly: A good business centre should run from 8am to 6pm or even 8pm if in a school area, increasing the fuel use by 50%.
Thirdly: For his power need he will have to get a bigger gen set than a 2.8kva!!!! Otherwise the generator will be dead in 3 months carrying that load for 8 hours a day. A 5kva gen is more realistic.
Finally: the worth of anything you purchase is more meaningful is considered over a reasonable lifespan. So my calculations will be based over 3 years of usage since the common deep cycle batteries in Nigeria's lifespan is 3 years .
Now to calculations:
Gen 5kva petrol :130-150,000
Fuel@150/L X15L/dayX300 working days per year X 3 years = 2,025,000
Maintenance cost (oil/servicing/parts)@ 50,000X 3= 150,000
Total = @ 2,325,000
That is 2.3 million to provide NOISY power for 12 hours.
////////////////////////////////////////////////
Now to solar - inverter set up that can last for 24 hours or more of heavy usage.
5kva pure sine wave inverter : 200,000
2 X 60amp charge controllers : 200,000
12X 250w Mono solar panels@ 60k: 720,000
8 X 12v 200amp deep cycle batteries : 840,000
Installation costs/ accessories @ 200,000
Total : 2,160,000
That means for the generator person to enjoy 24/7 power over the first 3 years, he will pay 2.3 million X 2 =4.6million compared to solar setup of @ 2.2million with change.
Since solar panels can last 25 years or more, the cost benefits keep accumulating yearly. The only component that you need to change as efficiency reduces is the batteries.
The ONLY negative of solar - inverter power system is the INITIAL cost of purchase and installation. After that comes the enjoyment!!

gud analysis
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by stuffs4me(m): 5:45am On Dec 19, 2016
chris81964:

Read what I wrote slowly. If you don't get it, let me break it down. You don't need to be an engineer to be good at work engineers do.
Read about Henry Ford and many men like him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford

PS. I am not your bro.

Stop embarrassing yourself bro.

Go back and read both links you posted. Its not anybody's fault you failed your exams in school. If only you had the tiniest ability to read, you would have realised that my point was about people claiming to be what they are not. Did you even read in the link you posted where Henry Ford became an Engineer and even rose to become chief Engineering? Oh I forgot. You are quite disabled in the aspect of reading and comprehension.

Even in the hospitals there are people who carry out medical functions and are good at what they do like nurses, but that does not mean they are Doctors. I'm sure your empty scull will find that too difficult to understand.

Your type are those babalawos that claim to be Doctors on Nigeria.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by chris81964(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2016
stuffs4me:

Stop embarrassing yourself bro.

Go back and read both links you posted. Its not anybody's fault you failed your exams in school. If only you had the tiniest ability to read, you would have realised that my point was about people claiming to be what they are not. Did you even read in the link you posted where Henry Ford became an Engineer and even rose to become chief Engineering? Oh I forgot. You are quite disabled in the aspect of reading and comprehension.

Even in the hospitals there are people who carry out medical functions and are good at what they do like nurses, but that does not mean they are Doctors. I'm sure your empty scull will find that too difficult to understand.

Your type are those babalawos that claim to be Doctors on Nigeria.

I don't blame you. Just because we find ourselves pissing in a urinal a child feels his dick is the same as his father's.
I wish you luck kid.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by stuffs4me(m): 10:16am On Dec 19, 2016
chris81964:

I don't blame you. Just because we find ourselves pissing in a urinal a child feels his dick is the same as his father's.
I wish you luck kid.

Olodo wey you be.. Dundee United..

Intellectuals discuss scientific issues with facts and figures while failures like you talk about their father's genitals. If you had any respect for your father, you would not be discussing his genitals on a public forum. Stoopeed olodo rabata basstarred child.

The law on forgery and impersonation is still effective in Nigeria and I pray the long arm of the law catches up with liars and fraudsters like you.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by Bmedels26(f): 10:33am On Dec 19, 2016
Solar/Electric Rechargeable Lamp with extra 3 led bulbs to power 3 xtra rooms

Contacts : 07065804088
Nippo lantern

Led Lantern rechargeable

Features:

Flood torch Light,

Lantern

Powers light into 3 rooms with bulbs.

Charged via solar panel hanged on window side and electricity outlet.

FM scan radio

Super bright Led flashlight

USB charger phone Charge

Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by lizqueen24(f): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2016
Place order for your Fullriver range of batteries ranging from 12V5AH to 1660AH for your UPS,INVERTER,BATTERIES and SOLAR PANELs.... Please call 08030402120.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by chris81964(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
lizqueen24:
Place order for your Fullriver range of batteries ranging from 12V5AH to 1660AH for your UPS,INVERTER,BATTERIES and SOLAR PANELs.... Please call 08030402120.

Please email me information on your 1660AH batteries
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by Lanjonath(m): 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Kindly email me your price list and warranty info. Lanjonath@hotmail.com

lizqueen24:
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by idsolar(m): 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
MERRY XMAS

FOR SALE
1. Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp - NEW

Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by idsolar(m): 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
MERRY XMAS

FOR SALE

1. Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp
- NEW

Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by perloomey(m): 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
iyiolaoluwa:
Its possible to get a portable one @ affordable price instead of epileptic power that we have in Nigeria!
Yes u cn get an affordable one
As low as 90k without solar panel,meaning you use gen or NEPA to charge
And 195k with solar panel plus installation
Call or Whatsapp 08068783141 for more information
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by perloomey(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
why do you pay so much for unreliable source of energy when you can generate your own alternative reliable and renewable energy for less than what you think, do you think that it is too expensive yo generate your own energy such as solar, wind, inverter etc. come will we give you at reasonable amount with guarantee.
with the deplorable state of power generation and distribution from the national grid, coupled with the high cost of running generators which has negatively impacted and still unleashing untold hardship yo every sector of the economy we are providing a relief through renewable energy system.
a renewable energy system will never run out of fuel. it requires little or no maintenance. it's durable and reliable. it will help reduce the amount if greenhouse gasses emitted by generators due to these characteristics the renewable energy technology has been universally called the "THE ULTIMATE ENERGY SOURCE FOR THE 21st CENTURY "
owning a renewable energy system is like owning a house which is all about developing equity and retaining value. using the national power source where constant bills are paid or running a generator is like renting a house which is never ending expense.

MATERIALS
Batteries
100Ah deep cycle =N50,000
150Ah deep cycle = N70,000
200Ah deep cycle = N105,000

Solar Panels (all mono crystalline)
150 watts = N48,000
170 watts = N56,000
200 watts = N65,000
240 watts = N75, 000
Inverters (all are pure sine waves)
1.0 kva = N37,500
2.0 kva (12V) = N86,500
2.5 kva (24V) = N128,000
4.0 kva (24V) = N220,000
5.0kva (48V) = N260,000
Charge Controllers (all are Mppt)
12v/24v 30A = N30,000
12v/24v 30A (advanced) = N35,000
12v/24v 40A = N50,000
12v/24v 60A = N120,000
12v/48v 60A = N150,000
Panels rack
Rack for one panel = N3,000
Rack for three panels = N8000
Note: We install
solar street light, double and single faced
inverter power back up
solar home and office systems
solar traffic lighting
solar fan
solar sign and billboard
solar boreholes
solar telecom system
solar medical application
emergency lights
stabilizer/ups
solar fridge
solar CCTV
solar lighting kits
contact us on 8b Badejoko complex basorun road Ibadan
call or Whatsapp 08068783141
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
lizqueen24:
You sent me a PM for which I have replied. Still waiting for your response.
Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by DMerciful(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a brand new epever 12/24V 40A MPPT solar charge controller for sale. There is also option of MT50 remote meter all at affordable price.
If interested Whatsapp me on 08035415969

Cheers...

Re: How Efficient Are Solar Electricity Power Systems? by DMerciful(m): 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
DMerciful:
Hi Guys,

I have a brand new epever 12/24V 40A MPPT solar charge controller for sale. There is also option of MT50 remote meter all at affordable price.
If interested Whatsapp me on 08035415969

Cheers...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit / Blue-eyed Boy Can Read And See In The Dark / Strange Rainbow Seen In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.