Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

"On Becoming" - By Toke Makinwa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "On Becoming" - By Toke Makinwa (630 Views)

Ruggedman Shades Toke Makinwa For Dating Married Billionaire, Festus Fadeyi. / Festus Fadeyi: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Rumor Of Dating 70-Year-Old Billionaire / Festus Fadeyi’s Children Warn Toke Makinwa: "Leave Our Father Alone” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"On Becoming" - By Toke Makinwa by sauta(m): 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
“Not a Tell All but a Must Tell”
On Becoming...

PROLOGUE

Who am I? Everyone ponders this question at some point in their life. Do we know who we are? Do our roots or the things we have seen, places we have been, form us? Are we caught up in the life we have lived or the things our dreams are made of? Is that where we find ourselves? What is responsible for our individual patterns? Our peculiar loves or the thoughts that take center-stage in our minds? Are we led to believe that we are who we are by the inner voice that speaks to us, shapes our minds and guides us through life? I would like to believe that we are the sum of all our experiences, and that since our lives are constantly unfolding, we are incapable of totally understanding who we are. We learn ourselves as we grow, and only when we are dead and gone and our memories are all we have left in this world, then will the question ‘Who am I?’ be replaced with Who was I? What did I live for? What did I do? What did my life stand for? Hopefully, then, the puzzle surrounding the question will be solved. We are told who we are supposed to be from the moment we are born. Grownups reel out a list of names that distinguish us, names that may tell a deeper story. They tell us if we are male or female. We learn about the colour of our skin from them and they introduce us to foods they think we ought to eat. From the choices they make for us when we are unable to think for ourselves, a sense of what is expected of us is born. We grow up believing all of it, and as we come of age we begin an almost desperate quest to find the answer to this question. The question of who we are is a journey to an unknown destination, yet we choose to believe that we are familiar with this destination. We choose this because it is ultimately what keeps us growing and going. It is a sign of hope. Hope that keeps us holding on even though we can’t see the end of the tunnel. We grasp that hope because it is all we have till we finally end up where we are supposed to be. Welcome to a world of me, on a mission to find out who I am. I am Becoming. All of it. The rise and fall... the pain and victory. This book is born out of pain, confusion, betrayal and scars that run deep. From a place where I only hear my voice as I navigate murky waters to victory. To becoming. To wholesome. This is not a tell-all but a must-tell. To everyone out there who is as lost and in pain as I was when I conceived the idea of this book, choose to believe that the sun will shine again. On Becoming, Toke

Source: http://sauta97..com.ng/2016/12/on-becoming-toke-makinwa-full-story.html

Cc: ijebabe, MissyB3, Fynestboi, Enoqueen

Re: "On Becoming" - By Toke Makinwa by sauta(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
Posting the story is to long so I've put it on my site

Cc: Enoqueen
Re: "On Becoming" - By Toke Makinwa by fijiano202(m): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
Is she paying u guys to keep posting this ish on NL,its '' ON BECOMING'' Too much
Re: "On Becoming" - By Toke Makinwa by enoqueen: 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
sauta:
“Not a Tell All but a Must Tell”
On Becoming...

PROLOGUE

Who am I? Everyone ponders this question at some point in their life. Do we know who we are? Do our roots or the things we have seen, places we have been, form us? Are we caught up in the life we have lived or the things our dreams are made of? Is that where we find ourselves? What is responsible for our individual patterns? Our peculiar loves or the thoughts that take center-stage in our minds? Are we led to believe that we are who we are by the inner voice that speaks to us, shapes our minds and guides us through life? I would like to believe that we are the sum of all our experiences, and that since our lives are constantly unfolding, we are incapable of totally understanding who we are. We learn ourselves as we grow, and only when we are dead and gone and our memories are all we have left in this world, then will the question ‘Who am I?’ be replaced with Who was I? What did I live for? What did I do? What did my life stand for? Hopefully, then, the puzzle surrounding the question will be solved. We are told who we are supposed to be from the moment we are born. Grownups reel out a list of names that distinguish us, names that may tell a deeper story. They tell us if we are male or female. We learn about the colour of our skin from them and they introduce us to foods they think we ought to eat. From the choices they make for us when we are unable to think for ourselves, a sense of what is expected of us is born. We grow up believing all of it, and as we come of age we begin an almost desperate quest to find the answer to this question. The question of who we are is a journey to an unknown destination, yet we choose to believe that we are familiar with this destination. We choose this because it is ultimately what keeps us growing and going. It is a sign of hope. Hope that keeps us holding on even though we can’t see the end of the tunnel. We grasp that hope because it is all we have till we finally end up where we are supposed to be. Welcome to a world of me, on a mission to find out who I am. I am Becoming. All of it. The rise and fall... the pain and victory. This book is born out of pain, confusion, betrayal and scars that run deep. From a place where I only hear my voice as I navigate murky waters to victory. To becoming. To wholesome. This is not a tell-all but a must-tell. To everyone out there who is as lost and in pain as I was when I conceived the idea of this book, choose to believe that the sun will shine again. On Becoming, Toke

Source: http://sauta97..com.ng/2016/12/on-becoming-toke-makinwa-full-story.html

Cc: ijebabe, MissyB3, Fynestboi, Enoqueen

Just finished reading 4 & 5 from ur blog.

(1) (Reply)

New Photos Emerge On Zahra Buhari’s Wedding Day / Headies 2016: Full List Of Winners!!! / Read This Before You Shower Money On Pastors - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.