Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) (1023 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Ibrahim Coomasie, Son Of Abacha’s Police IG Shows Off Wealth (PHOTOS) / Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Enjoyment1(f): 1:11am On Nov 12, 2009
We’ve arrested Pa Soludo’s kidnappers – Onovo
From LAMBERT TYEM, Abuja
Thursday, November 12, 2009

Police authorities in Abuja on Wednesday disclosed that they had arrested all persons involved in the kidnapping of Pa Simeon Soludo, father of immediate past governor of Central Bank of Nigeria [CBN] and gubernatorial flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] in the 2010 governorship election in Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Soludo.

Inspector General of Police IGP), Mr. Ogbonna Okechukwu Onovo,who disclosed this while addressing senior police officers from the rank of Commissioners of Police and above, added that details of the kidnappers are kept under wraps for now for security reasons.

According to him, “On the issue of Soludo’s father, we have gotten the culprits. I was supposed to make a press conference today on the issue Soludo’s father. We have made some arrests and investigations are on. I believe that this crime of kidnapping will soon stop. It is still thriving because our people are paying the ransom.

“If our people refuse to pay ransom, they will stop,” he said. The IGP, however, lamented police inability to combat high profile crimes such as kidnapping and assassinations due to lack of modern facilities as well as poor working conditions.
Mr. Onovo further directed the Police Commissioners to embark on high police visibility patrol across the country as well as mounting checkpoints at high risk areas especially at Lagos – Benin, Lagos -Ibadan, Abuja – Lokoja highways among others.

He warned against extortion and other unholy practices, mandating the Commissioners of police to select and train personnel properly on courtesy and other good conduct before posting them to the checkpoints. He explained that the roadblocks were a measure to cope with high crime rates associated with the yuletide season.
According to him, “The last two months of this year will usher in Christmas and Sallah celebrations. This is a period of increased traffic on our roads and an expected upsurge in crimes. The mandate and mantle lies on us to ensure a crime-free season.

“This meeting is an opportunity to brainstorm and re-strategise on our crime prevention modalities.
“Kidnapping, armed robbery and other violent crimes must not be allowed to persist this season. I hereby order that command Commissioners of Police to embark on high visibility patrols of their areas. Officers posted to hot spots or directing traffic must adhere to the ethics of our profession and show diligence, courtesy and kindness to citizens. Officers must be neat and polite, and at all times conduct themselves professionally.
“As the police cannot do it alone, I enjoin you to partner with well-meaning members of the public and stakeholders, particularly vigilante groups,” the IGP noted.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/nov/12/national-12-11-2009-003.htm
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Enjoyment1(f): 1:14am On Nov 12, 2009
Kudos to the Nigerian Police force for a job well done, but it is just a case of 1 caught kidnappers group compared to 99 still out there. So, please postpone your press briefing, for it is not worth it.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by bibiking1(m): 1:34am On Nov 12, 2009
chei!! shocked Some innocent jaywalkers have been set up!
NPF!!!!!!!!! Nothing is impossible with them?
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Enjoyment1(f): 1:38am On Nov 12, 2009
bibiking1:

My broda!. I suspected the same oh!. Chei !!!!!!!!!! My eyes just dey open oh!!!!!!.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Oboma1(m): 2:20am On Nov 12, 2009
bibiking1:

I am sure, we are about to watch the part two of the drama Ehindero did not show, when he brought out a man with mask, as suspect for Bola Ige's death. Nigerian Police, we are not in 1972 please. This is 2009. Nigerians are wiser, by day.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by victorazy(m): 2:48am On Nov 12, 2009
mmmmmm
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by mccloud224(m): 3:02am On Nov 12, 2009
I guess some nite clubbers are in for a bad time with the Nigerian justice system.This sounds like another Alfred Rewane playback.Last time i checked, only 3 of the several "suspects" are still alive today.Even the family of the slain man have come out to protest the jailing of the innocents.9ja sucks big time.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by victorazy(m): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2009
thanks and hope he is not innocent
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Oboma1(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2009
mccloud224:

I guess some nite clubbers are in for a bad time with the Nigerian justice system.This sounds like another Alfred Rewane playback.Last time i checked, only 3 of the several "suspects" are still alive today.Even the family of the slain man have come out to protest the jailing of the innocents.9ja sucks big time.

A country where a slain victim's family come out to openly protest the jailing of the innocent? Na wah oh! sad sad sad sad
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by selingel: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2009
mccloud224:

Naila I hail thee!. grin grin grin grin
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by chidichris(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2009
is it not this same pdp/nigerian police organised movie show that presented some movie actors in the name of bola ige killers?
onovo, i know u are only a director in this powerful movie but the script writers are no other than the same writers in the bola ige movie.
shame to these pdp criminals. a nigerian police that arrests goat robbers is capable of arresting fowl kidnappers.
naija, a country where impossibilities are made possible.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by selingel: 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2009
chidichris:

is it not this same pdp/nigerian police organised movie show that presented some movie actors in the name of bola ige killers?
onovo, i know u are only a director in this powerful movie but the script writers are no other than the same writers in the bola ige movie.
shame to these pdp criminals. a nigerian police that arrests goat robbers is capable of arresting fowl kidnappers.
naija, a country where impossibilities are made possible.

Please, where can I get a copy of this movie? grin grin grin
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by MrCrackles(m): 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2009
Onovo should shut the fuc.k up!
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by scottN(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2009
Onovo u don come again o! Even your good morning sef. . . . . . . . . . . . . .  lipsrsealed
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by selingel: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2009
scottN:

Onovo u don come again o! Even your good morning sef. . . . . . . . . . . . . .  lipsrsealed

What do you mean bros? Do you mean that, one should confirm Onovo's greetings by checking the weather outside first?. shocked shocked shocked
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by scottN(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2009
selingel:

What do you mean bros? Do you mean that, one should confirm Onovo's greetings by checking the weather outside first?. shocked shocked shocked

shocked No b 4 ma mouth u go hear say OBJ resemble K/KONG. I just say Baba, if u add gida u r on ur own o!
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by selingel: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2009
Anyway, what could the title of the movie be?.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Oboma1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2009
We are waiting for the press briefing! grin
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Enjoyment1(f): 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2009
scottN:

shocked No b 4 ma mouth u go hear say OBJ resemble K/KONG. I just say Baba, if u add gida u r on your own o!

You dey fear! grin grin grin. Wait and see, whether you will not hear that those guys were set up. This is Nigeria. Anything can happen.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by wirinet(m): 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2009
My only question is since Pa soludo's kidnappers had been found, What about pa Soludo himself? Where is he?
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Oboma1(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2009
I learnt they want to fly the man abroad for medical check up.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by chidichris(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2009
wonderful nigerian police.
always arresting offenders who end up running away from your nets.
shame to you onovo for getting involved with pdp and their african magic displays.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by dean2725: 2:25am On Nov 15, 2009
.  . .Series of kidnapping has been going on in the country and i dont think the NPF has came out like this to   announce the arrest of the culprits undecided 

. . . But they were able to arrest those involved in Pa Soludo's case. . . .

. . . and yet those involved are being kept under the wrap for security reason . . .

. . . .so the nest thing is to keep it under the wrap towards the election jamboree so that a very stuborn opponent of PDP in Anambra that appears to be giving them problem will be framed up with the so called culprits. . .

Nigeria . . .Great Nation grin grin
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Fhemmmy: 2:32am On Nov 15, 2009
bibiking1:

Your thot is as good as mine.
Re: We’ve Arrested Pa Soludo’s Kidnappers – Onovo (police Ig) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2009
chidichris:

wonderful nigerian police.
always arresting offenders who end up running away from your nets.
shame to you onovo for getting involved with pdp and their african magic displays.

Your clumsy outlook to most things in life only breeds confusion and makes a clear solution to any problem invicible.

I am really sorry for members of your family.

(1) (Reply)

My Letter To Beaf And "our Already Rigged-in President" / 15,000 Benefit From Osun Free Eye Treatment / The Many Sins Of Osama Bin Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.