Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (28179 Views)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers / Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by WenysAD(f): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Off topic

I must confess I dey trip for dis Explorers of a guy and I wouldn't mind dating him for a day (datz if u are single ooo) cos I have a thing for intelligent people which is y I love myself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by iluvpomo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
It will not work because Nigerian airlines will sell the parachute when there is no money for fuel.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by iluvpomo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
WenysAD:
Off topic

I must confess I dey trip for dis Explorers of a guy and I wouldn't mind dating him for a day (datz if u are single ooo) cos I have a thing for intelligent people which is y I love myself.

oga explorer - no leave her hanging oh!
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by sleepyeyez(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Explorers:

Even if it fits, most plane crashes occurs so sudden, like power or electrical failure. Situation like these will make the plane to lose stability, so there wont be time to move about 200 passengers or more to emergency exit(If they've all been trained to jump).

Note, there will be nursing mothers on board, crying kids, fathers, mothers, couples hugging each other, old men&women, disabled, sick people and so on.

For 30mins or more, crews will be struggling to fix the jump gears on the passengers and crash impact is less than 2mins.

What about these parachute-like seats of fighter jets I see in the movies where d pilot presses a button n is promptly ejected from the top. Any future plans to have that on commercial planesv
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by yinkslinks(m): 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Explorer is also like researcher. He googles it.
illuminated93:
Explorer ,no harm intended,but I'd like to know what you studied in school,cos you sure do educate folks.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by sleepyeyez(m): 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
hahn:
That is why I always pack a poly bag handy

cheesy grin

The person wey do u dis tin eh, e no go better for am.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by hahn(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
sleepyeyez:

The person wey do u dis tin eh, e no go better for am.

Same to you smiley
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by tico1212(m): 1:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
kazzonline:

Nice idea,but wot about the pilots nd co pilot,na die be dia own destinies??

I ran into it online sometimes ago, what i deduced was that they will all move to the detachable cabin before ejection.

Before nko? Dem pilots no get access to Normal plane cabin?.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by sleepyeyez(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
hahn:

Same to you smiley

Lol
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by sleepyeyez(m): 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by sleepyeyez(m): 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
WenysAD:
Off topic

My friend, will U get back to the topic at hand!
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Pylony(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
shumuel:

@Bolded, i beg to disagree bro, i think the best way to have enough for every passanger is to incorporate the parachutes into the seats, i mean it looks more like a bag/backsack and its not even as big as a camp bag, so i believe they should be able to fit it into the seats, i have the idea already grin
And how do you expect many people on a passenger plane to get Ejected off the craft should the parachutes gets incorporated into their seats as it is in a fighter jet planes?
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Pylony(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
UchaNwababa:
Have u hear about a Biafra baby plane built with the best technology, it can't crash
says who? Can you give us a demo to prove that pls?
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Pylony(m): 2:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kyllahmc:
lmaooo dude you are funny o... Something weighing all that tons?
I don't see any thing funny about his idea, this Idea you think is laughable could be what will revolutionise the world of aviation. Besides, america even before the gulf war in Iraq back in the 1990's already have place a vital use for parachutes on some of their high speed fighter Jets, one which is it is use to reduce speed of the plane after a successful landing.

And if he has this idea on the use of Parachute on passenger plane, it do not necessarily mean a single parachute is capable of taking the whole weight but could mean several numbers of Parachutes when place on a plane could be just enough to take the weight and greatly reducing the impact associated from a plane's free fall, as he puts it.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by KillJoy62(m): 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
den d army should provide or include civilian in its basic airborne course in jaji, lols e no easy to train as corper den na airborne u wan go do? wel it is a good idea sha but u need d guts to do dat. remember in airborne ders no packing space in the air. lols all the way airborne 4 life....... CHEST MAJOR.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Cannonleo(m): 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jafar1:
SIMPLE, NO ONE TO PROVIDE
attempting to use parachutes on a commercial airliner is as good as making each seat ejection capable. very impossible
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by mexzony: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Explorers:
7. Whole Plane Parachutes May Save Lives In Future.

There is hope, however. Over the past few years, many small planes have been equipped with whole-plane parachutes that slow the craft’s descent.

As of late 2013, the largest planes equipped with these safety devices carry five people, but plans are in the works for putting them on larger crafts.

As one manufacturer said, “There is no doubt that big commercial airlines of the future will be equipped with some kind of parachute recovery system.”

Source: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/02/dont-commercial-airplanes-parachutes-passengers/

https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-airlines-have-parachutes-for-passengers?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3947283052
Let them do this one sharp sharp joor.
Make man pikin dey enter plane with swagger day nothing dey happen.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by MrYeezyB: 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
Whole plane parachutes make more sense sha. The single passenger parachutes aren't feasible in anyway. Nice thread OP
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Nuel25846(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
That is why witchcraft is the best way to fly.......visit our headquater in Benin for flight reservation. grin
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by shumuel(m): 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pylony:
And how do you expect many people on a passenger plane to get Ejected off the craft should the parachutes gets incorporated into their seats as it is in a fighter jet planes?

Well, how to have about 200-300 passengers to jump off the plane is what we should be discussing, that of Jet fighter is not what i have in mind, but the parachutes to still be in bag form and should be easy to eject out of the back rest of the seat to be worn and not to shoot out like that of Jet fighters, further to back the idea, i think planes should have more backdoors like four or six, most plane has just one.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by dewaskillz: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=sleekydee1 post=51721583]

how can u b wondering? if u re a science student(no offence to art n commercial folks), envisage a crashing airplane it now and answer dis questions

(1) if dey hv parachutes. whr will dey pass out?(remember no eject button)

(2) a plane crash wud most likely b out of balance eida sideways or nose dive, in situations like dt, how do u get to d exist to use ur parachute?

only way a parachute will b possible in commercial airlines is if we hv a new advanced airplanes, dt has eject buttons and uses same tech convertible cars uses, roof slide open, eject button activated.

I see nothing difficult here or specifically for science students comprehension
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Dare2Try(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
hahn:

cheesy grin

I don laff tired, bro abeg join Alibaba show coz u are a talented comedian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by hahn(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Dare2Try:

I don laff tired, bro abeg join Alibaba show coz u are a talented comedian

Still working on my skills cheesy grin
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by kennyjam: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
i will always wear mine when taking a flight... i will buy mine, for private use only.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by charlesucheh(m): 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
just put it in like that!!! life is sacrosanct.
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by delishpot: 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
hahn:

cheesy grin

Your own dey your body grin grin grin . But you make some sense sha, shey big Ghana must go bag go work for me? grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by SalemPrince(m): 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kingsasian:
Then parachutes should be attached to aeroplanes in order to reduce the speed of free fall of planes.
Got it! That's just what Op is providing in no 7
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by uvalued(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kingsasian:
Then parachutes should be attached to aeroplanes in order to reduce the speed of free fall of planes.
best solution to our quest to be like birds
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
i feel its possible for airplanes to have parachutes. this can only happen if the roof of the plane is detachable with the presence of an ejectable seat which launches the parachute upon detachment from the plane
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by hahn(m): 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
delishpot:

Your own dey your body grin grin grin . But you make some sense sha, shey big Ghana must go bag go work for me? grin grin grin

Sounds like it would work.

You can try it out in an experiment and then come and share the video here grin
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Caseless: 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
illuminated93:
Explorer ,no harm intended,but I'd like to know what you studied in school,cos you sure do educate folks.
we use to have one de-explorer in romance section then, he's creative too. I don't know if he's the one here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Car Away In Asaba, Tricycle Rider, Passengers Escape (video) / Fatal Accident Around Ibusa Asaba Express Rd, Delta State / Woman Escapes Death As Van Somersaults, Explodes (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.