Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (28180 Views)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers / Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by mecussey(m): 4:14am On Dec 14, 2016
Kingsasian:
Then parachutes should be attached to aeroplanes in order to reduce the speed of free fall of planes.

Simple !!!!
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by sirnaked: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2016
to me, d safest means of transport is by road... u can call it poverty, na u sabi..
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Xmen149(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
sleekydee1:

how can u b wondering? if u re a science student(no offence to art n commercial folks), envisage a crashing airplane it now and answer dis questions

(1) if dey hv parachutes. whr will dey pass out?(remember no eject button)

(2) a plane crash wud most likely b out of balance eida sideways or nose dive, in situations like dt, how do u get to d exist to use ur parachute?

only way a parachute will b possible in commercial airlines is if we hv a new advanced airplanes, dt has eject buttons and uses same tech convertible cars uses, roof slide open, eject button activated.

"prototype this" this sir is your new project cool
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by delishpot: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

Sounds like it would work.

You can try it out in an experiment and then come and share the video here grin

Thank you for your kind response, when I gather enough money dedicated to the test flight, I would do it and let you know the outcome. Can I open the plane door and jump out mid air or?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by hahn(m): 12:15am On Dec 15, 2016
delishpot:

Thank you for your kind response, when I gather enough money dedicated to the test flight, I would do it and let you know the outcome. Can I open the plane door and jump out mid air or?

Cool

That is exactly what you should do. And don't bother putting on the parachute because you will get one when you land grin
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by delishpot: 10:24am On Dec 16, 2016
hahn:

Cool

That is exactly what you should do. And don't bother putting on the parachute because you will get one when you land grin
Now you confusing me bro, no be wear dem dey wear parachute again?. grin grin so you dey plot my death with me since? I no do again. THANKS sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by hahn(m): 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
delishpot:

Now you confusing me bro, no be wear dem dey wear parachute again?. grin grin so you dey plot my death with me since? I no do again. THANKS sir.

cheesy tongue
Re: Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? by Bioboy1213(m): 8:54am On Jan 24, 2017
Kingsasian:
Then parachutes should be attached to aeroplanes in order to reduce the speed of free fall of planes.
though it sounds funny, bt you av a point sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Around Ibusa Asaba Express Rd, Delta State / Woman Escapes Death As Van Somersaults, Explodes (photo) / IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.