Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal (1101 Views)

How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? / How To Withdraw Payoneer And Paypal Funds Into Nigerian Local Bank Account / Desing A Web (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by CarlosVent(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2009
As an importer who shops from all around the world. I have learnt that these two sites are very much great with great security department and tracks ip's and also secures their members.

Now can Nigerian Designers do something like this and then it will be a home where people wil buy and sell anything they want in Nigeria without stepping out of their door.

Pls Nigerians whats your view about this.

---------------------------------
THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by Afam(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2009
www.itsyourcms.com was built from ground up to do just that. Real e-commerce functionality.
Re: Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by allabout(m): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2009
Every successful website today start from small idea.Big names like ebay.com and paypal.com , thay all have a single small tiny idea.

I would comfortably say yes to this questions that we can make it happen.

Do not forget it started from IDEA.

FIND NET ANSWER
Re: Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by scottN(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2009
Of course we can, it's a question of whether Nigerians do have the habit of shopping online.
Re: Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by yawatide(f): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2009
For me, the easy part is the online payments and Nigerians shopping online.  The hard part, at least to me is the delivery.  In other words, if I, in Potiskum, buy my favorite lace from a site based in Lagos:

1) How will they deliver it to me?  If perishable, how does it get to me such that it still is fresh upon delivery?
2) Assuming #1 is answered, with all the yahoo boys out there, should I trust that I will actually get my goods?
3) Assuming #1 is answered, what is the method of delivery such that the company still turns a profit (car, plane, bicycle, mail, etc)?

IMHO, the 3 points above are of more concern to me than online payments and shopping cos trust naija, we will shop and we have the brains to implement just about any online solution.
Re: Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by CarlosVent(m): 11:15am On Nov 14, 2009
Many do not seem to understand what am saying here.

I also love some comments of those who said its all idea.

Ebay started like nothing 12yrs ago and came to lime light 7yrs ago.

4yrs ago they bought pay pal and customized it.

My worry is can Nigerians grow this commerce home which will see that any payment cleared for an item is shipped and the buyer gets the delivery and in a case where buy the buyer do not get it he can petition the seller and his or her money wil be returned.

Can the commerce home secure the plat form to be very good and ok.
Ebay will tell you that you are pay pal protected which means no shaking.

I shop regularly there and one OYIBO scammer did not send tracking number to me after 3 working days i petitioned and pay pal seized all the money he has and his account was suspended on ebay and he mailed and was begging me I said no until I get the Item in my (Office in New york)he gave me a fake tracking number and so on but after everything he was forced to get the item I paid for and sent it to me and When I confirmed from my Sec in the USA I mailed pay pal with proof of delivery and both pay pal and ebay released him.

This is example of what I mean. Pay pal even asked me if I wanted my money back so they can collect it from the Man's account I said no that I need the item and the man was forced to deliver and meanwhile he was given 4 working days or else you know FBI security Internet fraud intelligence Unit will knock on his door.

Can Nigeria develop a genuine internet E-commerce site that will be good as these.

Please Nigerian we all need your views and who knows something might be done of it.

I once emailed pay pal and asked them why Nigeria wasn't among their list of countries and the reply I got was, (will tel you later) just need your comments on the main issue we have here.

-------------------------------
THANKS A OT NIGERIANS
Re: Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by CarlosVent(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2009
Many do not seem to understand what am saying here.

I also love some comments of those who said its all idea.

Ebay started like nothing 12yrs ago and came to lime light 7yrs ago.

4yrs ago they bought pay pal and customized it.

My worry is can Nigerians grow this commerce home which will see that any payment cleared for an item is shipped and the buyer gets the delivery and in a case where buy the buyer do not get it he can petition the seller and his or her money wil be returned.

Can the commerce home secure the plat form to be very good and ok.
Ebay will tell you that you are pay pal protected which means no shaking.

I shop regularly there and one OYIBO scammer did not send tracking number to me after 3 working days i petitioned and pay pal seized all the money he has and his account was suspended on ebay and he mailed and was begging me I said no until I get the Item in my (Office in New york)he gave me a fake tracking number and so on but after everything he was forced to get the item I paid for and sent it to me and When I confirmed from my Sec in the USA I mailed pay pal with proof of delivery and both pay pal and ebay released him.

This is example of what I mean. Pay pal even asked me if I wanted my money back so they can collect it from the Man's account I said no that I need the item and the man was forced to deliver and meanwhile he was given 4 working days or else you know FBI security Internet fraud intelligence Unit will knock on his door.

Can Nigeria develop a genuine internet E-commerce site that will be good as these.

Please Nigerian we all need your views and who knows something might be done of it.

I once emailed pay pal and asked them why Nigeria wasn't among their list of countries and the reply I got was, (will tel you later) just need your comments on the main issue we have here.

-------------------------
THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Can Nigerians Desing An E-Commerce Website Like Ebay And Paypal by PresidKing(m): 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
I believe by now, you can see that Konga, jumia, vconnect have come to stay and have answered your questions

Also lookout for www.OgaOnline.com, an ads website, world free best free website

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get The Best Free Web Templates / Where Are The Hackers In The House,why Is The Website Scholarsponsor Still Up / The Truth About Blogging For Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.