Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing (12563 Views)

Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / MTN Newly Introduced Data Plans For 2019 + Free 4GB Data / Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by AmuDimpka: 6:44am On Dec 08, 2016
The Commission held a Media Briefing on the Data Price Floor as a Regulatory Tool of the Commission on wednesday, December 07, 2016 at the Commission’s Headquarters, Abuja. This is to sensitize the ICT Correspondents on the Policy.

The Price Floor is the Minimum Price for a good or Service; in this case Data Services.The Commission removed the Data Price Floor to facilitate Broadband Penetration and encourage more subscribers to use Data Service. The Commission in performing its regulatory function re-introduced Price Floor to prevent Predatory Pricing prevalent in the market. The Price Floor is also not applicable to smaller operators and new entrants in the Data Services Segment.

The Commission is responsible to Consumers, Operators and Governement, creating a balance of all their views. The Commission does not set prices for Operators but it only sets regulatory guidelines.

Present at the Briefing include; Director, Public Affairs-Tony Ojobo; Director, Policy Competition and Economic Analysis, Ms. Joesphine Amuwa, Head, Public Relations- Mr. Reuben Muoka, Deputy Director, Policy- Mr. A.K. Yakubu.

https://etimesafrica./2016/12/08/ncc-briefs-the-media-on-data-price-floor-as-a-regulatory-tool/#more-3248

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Atiku2019: 6:51am On Dec 08, 2016
embarassed sad lipsrsealed

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by FSBoperator: 7:04am On Dec 08, 2016
A price floor is the opposite of a price ceiling.

While a price ceiling sets the maximum price of a good or service, a price floor sets the minimum price a good or service can be sold.

In short a price floor is a cartel pricing mechanism.

What concerns the useless NCC on setting prices for telecommunication companies?

These idiots are supposed to encourage competition which will lead to best value for the customer but here we see them trying to increase prices for the telecoms.

If this useless Buhari APC govt could charge for the air we breathe, they would have since increased it.

Bloody vagabonds

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by sinistermind(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2016
The idiots have been bought over by the Spectranet and their likes. Spectranet increased their data price by over 70% also some ISP is withing the same price. But GSM service providers gave Nigerians affordable data prices with almost the same speed. So why not NCC mandate the ISPs to review their data prices to make high speed data affordable to Nigerians instead of trying to mandate GSM service providers to increase theirs. Competition should be encouraged.

18 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by RentALodge: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2016
"Why would NCC increase tariff without extensively engaging all the stakeholders?"

To start with, what's their business with telecom service tariffs? Telcos are private entities that should determine the tariff for their services without the help of NCC. There has to be ulterior motives to the NCC move.

If this PMB/APC govt want to continue to enjoy some level of support left from the Nigerian masses, they should henceforth, put on hold all forms of increment in taxes, fees, tariff etc.

The cost of living is already over burdening the masses and the govt should bring out policies to reduce the cost of goods and food items.

Left to me, I believe it's time to start signatures collection for the impeachment of PMB. This gross insensitivity to the plight of the citizenry is unbecoming of an elected leader. Since the change we all voted for and celebrated is now becoming a nightmare, Nigerians, we all must now be prepare to get rid of Buhari and Osibanjo through NASS impeachment.

I AM AFRAID FOR OUR COUNTRY. Forget about the MSM, lies, the US, UK and EU are still suffering from the effect of the 2008/9 recession. These are countries that deployed massive fiscal and monetary policies in their recovering runs but all we are hearing is Buhari daughters getting married and their husband being appointed to head govt MDA as a reward.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by herzern1(m): 7:46am On Dec 08, 2016
#SayNoToDataTariffIncrease

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by ayusco85(m): 7:46am On Dec 08, 2016
I just dey pity those Vaseline Crew when this data price is hiked. Omo no more xvideos streaming or download...

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by LEXYCOM: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2016
k
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nutase: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2016
Nigerians must fight against some selfish individuals trying to manipulate the system in their favour. PHCN was privatised and sold to ex presidents and they have been taking us for a ride since the phony privatisation.
They should leave the Telecom sector to be run by the real private sector and let market forces determine the price of data. Period.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by 0955eb027(m): 7:48am On Dec 08, 2016
I am coming to comment.
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by jaymejate: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2016
Awon werey

How many explanation we wan hear?
Minister don explain, so thank you. Go die

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Unsad(m): 7:48am On Dec 08, 2016
sad
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by acunon: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2016
They are just writing thrash!!!!

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by deebrain(m): 7:48am On Dec 08, 2016
See them trying to cleverly penetrate the minds of Nigerians and government to possibly accept the increase.

Where they not the ones that sent messages of particular new prices of data service to consumers?

Where did "Price Floor" talk come from?

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Saint52(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2016
I dont think these our leaders are for the masses, if there is no competition, i wonder how the telecommunication business will be.
Imaging what DSTV is doing to Nigeria.... At the End they will start saying MMM is a Ponzi scheme. This Government is a SCAM... Zombies if you like attack me. tongue

4 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by holluwai(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2016
Trying So hard to justify their bullshyt

5 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by dartsidius7(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2016

Crap.

Unadulterated CRAP.

7 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2016
confused people.
so they believe i will pay more for the horrible data services that glo provides?

they must be joking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by gurunlocker: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2016
One thing is the reason for all this proposed price hike which is 4G LTE..... I think the price the GSM networks are planning to offer there 4G service is lesser than the CDMA networks which makes them kick about chasing them out of market....

I just hope they resolve this...

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by ayusco85(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2016
0955eb027:
I am coming to comment.

U are Cuming? shocked
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by ayusco85(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2016
jaymejate:
Awon werey

How many explanation we wan hear?
Minister don explain, so thank you. Go die
He needs transport fare grin

3 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by danowena: 7:51am On Dec 08, 2016
These shows how insensitive our regulatory bodies can be. Rather than give a price ceiling, they are give a price floor. Why can't they say data service must not be above N1,000 for 5GB? angry
This is how those incharge of pensions suffered pensioners forgetting that the day is coming when they go will be pensioners.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by loadedvibes: 7:51am On Dec 08, 2016
Beast

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by ogaprime(m): 7:51am On Dec 08, 2016
Ogas above have commented already, so adding my own will be waste of typing bar ink

2 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by gratiaeo(m): 7:52am On Dec 08, 2016
There is absolutely nothing good about this Buhari government, the worst is that people are living in fear

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Endi(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2016
Very dull Ojomo and the rest. When NCC claimed they lowered the floor, more than 40m subscribers started using data. So what makes them believe more will logon if they increase prices?

Lower prices encourages subscriber increase. Higher prices discourages that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by amoduganja: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2016
I was reading about the poorest countries in the world. Please click the link below to view the image they assigned to Nigeria.

http://country-facts.findthedata.com/stories/22362/poorest-broke-gdp-countries-nations?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=content.rec&utm_campaign=i3.cr.tb.dt.11256#53-Nigeria
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2016
there's really nothing we can do at this point. data prices will be increased. all these explanations and press releases certainly point to that...

too bad!
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by brodalikeme(m): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2016
I've decided not to sit and fold my hands doing nothing about this planned data hike, I will be writing a petition to the national assembly. it is very wrong for us to sit down and have this kind of counter-productive policy thrown at us. They are complaining of unhealthy completions, I bet they are all still making profits. This is beyond social media or profit making. The thought alone is satanic and barbaric. Nothing has brought about more creative, innovation and rapid development like the internet, any person/country thinking of depriving its citizenry access to if belong to the stone age.

Nobody should sit down and be quiet, lets all stand up and be counted!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Mutuwa(m): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2016
angry

WHERE THE HELL IS NIG COM SAT?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC Approves Harmonized Short Codes, Directs Implementation / Mtn Bis Is Now N500 / Modern Combat 5:weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.