Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,079 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu (1383 Views)

Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Gives Birth To Twins At 51 - Frontlinenews.com / Kebbi Is The Most Peaceful State In The History Of Nigeria – Gov. Okorocha / Fulani Cattle Breeders List Condition For Peace In Southern Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by BornStunner1: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Gov. Ekezie Ikpeazu of Abia has said that if there is any group of people in Nigeria, in need of peace, it is the Igbos, who are found in all parts of the country doing business. Ikpeazu made the remark when he received the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai, who paid him a courtesy call.

“If Nigeria is perpetually in trouble, it will not augur well for the Igbos, who are republican and found every where in the country,” the governor said. According to Ikpeazu, Igbos are desperate for peace in Nigeria.
He said the people of the state would continue to support President Muhammadu Buhari in his efforts to move the nation forward.
The governor, who donated two Hilux vehicles to support the army operation in the state, commended the military for degrading and decimating the Boko Haram terrorists in the North East.
He also commended the army for curbing violent crimes in the state, as well as pipeline vandalism. Earlier, Buratai informed the governor of the ongoing “Exercise Python Dance” in the South East, explaining that it was meant to train troops on internal security.
He further explained the exercise in addition to other exercises and operations going on across the nation were aimed ensuring security, safety and peace for the unity of the country to enable the citizenry go about their lawful businesses.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/igbos-desperate-peace-nigeria-gov-ikpeazu/

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by BornStunner1: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2016

IGBOS IN THE HOUSE IS THIS TRUE??

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Aufbauh(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
There are two kinds of Igbos that won't understand this fact;
Those that have not traveled out of their enclave before and those who felt that they have no stake/ investment in other parts of the country.
majority of the above kind of persons are the followers of the imprisoned toothless warlord Kanu who is cooling off in the maximum trap domicile in the northern caliphate of kuje.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by babyfaceafrica: 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
They will call him afonja

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Corrinthians(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
I pray their wish comes true.
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
winkI
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by ojun50(m): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ibo kwni
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by CSTR13: 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
They will call him afonja
There is not afonjaistic about him.
Unlike the regular afonja politician, he is not looking for peace on his knees, or as a subservient to some established order or people, or the false notion of stooping to conquer in the Nigerian jungle like afonjas like to talk about cheesy which is more or less a way of masking cowardice .
He is looking for peace that comes from justice, equality and the rule of law.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by babyfaceafrica: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
CSTR13:
Unlike the regular afonja politician, he is not looking for peace on his knees or as a subservient to some established order or people.
Na so
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
BornStunner1:
Gov. Ekezie Ikpeazu of Abia has said that if there is any group of people in Nigeria, in need of peace, it is the Igbos, who are found in all parts of the country doing business. Ikpeazu made the remark when he received the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai, who paid him a courtesy call.

“If Nigeria is perpetually in trouble, it will not augur well for the Igbos, who are republican and found every where in the country,” the governor said. According to Ikpeazu, Igbos are desperate for peace in Nigeria.
He said the people of the state would continue to support President Muhammadu
Buhari in his efforts to move the nation forward.
The governor, who donated two Hilux vehicles to support the army operation in the state, commended the military for degrading and decimating the Boko Haram terrorists in the North East.
He also commended the army for curbing violent crimes in the state, as well as pipeline vandalism. Earlier, Buratai informed the governor of the ongoing “Exercise Python Dance” in the South East, explaining that it was meant to train troops on internal security.
He further explained the exercise in addition to other exercises and operations going on across the nation were aimed ensuring security, safety and peace for the unity of the country to enable the citizenry go about their lawful businesses.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/igbos-desperate-peace-nigeria-gov-ikpeazu/

As if you people have any other choice, even after been tagged 5%.

We hope you will also vote for your now accepted president too,come 2019? grin

Wonder shall never end undecided

Loolz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

Loolz

You dont even know how to make fun of people. This attempt is desperate and weak. Go and learn
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Opakan2: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
CSTR13:
Unlike the regular afonja politician, he is not looking for peace on his knees, or as a subservient to some established order or people, or the false notion of stooping to conquer in the Nigerian jungle like afonjas like to talk about cheesy which is more or less a way of masking cowardice .

like the one your people got in South Africa right?

if not for Nigeria.. igbos guts can make any gentleman xenophobic #fact
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
timsTNA:

You dont even know how to make fun of people. This attempt is desperate and weak. Go and learn

O really? grin

That wasn't funny anyway it's the truth dude kiss
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Opakan2:
[s]

if not for Nigeria.. igbos guts can make any gentleman xenophobic #fact [/s]
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

O really? grin

That wasn't funny anyway it's the truth dude kiss

The 5% speech was made out of the esctasy from winning the election, something he has come to regret and has shown that by his actions. Moreover the SS and SE have come to like the 5% tag, they even use it to brag, you see statements like "5% feeding 97%", "5% making Nigeria proud", etc
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
timsTNA:

The 5% speech was made out of the esctasy from winning the election, something he has come to regret and has shown that by his actions. Moreover the SS and SE have come to like the 5% tag, they even use it to brag, you see statements like "5% feeding 97%", "5% making Nigeria proud", etc

And who are the so called " 5%"?
lipsrsealed

Oga quit been emotional and waka with you aba made stats abeg.
No vex ooo

1 Like

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

And who are the so called " 5%"?
lipsrsealed

Oga quit been emotional and waka with you aba made stats abeg.
No vex ooo

Lmfao @ emotional. I am the most logical being you have conversed with in your life.
plus, Judging by your reply, I can see you are a copy and paste junkie who cant come up with an original point-of-view in your life. Zombie

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
timsTNA:

Lmfao @ emotional. I am the most logical being you have conversed with in your life.
plus, Judging by your reply, I can see you are a copy and paste junkie who cant come up with an original point-of-view in your life. Zombie

Predictable as usual.
I am sure you are from anambra.
You replied my first comment, for what purpose?

You are just been emotional and pained. Anyway I am happy now that finally you people have succumb to you new master after cursing him for years now,ofcourse new sheriff in town : buhari grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by abu12: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
d governor just said d plain truth, 80% of ibo want one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

Predictable as usual.
I am sure you are from anambra.
You replied my first comment, for what purpose?

You are just been emotional and pained. Anyway I am happy now that finally you people have succumb to you new master after cursing him for years now,ofcourse new sheriff in town : buhari grin

Your lack of intelligence becomes more obvious with each word you type
For the record, I am not from Anambra, but if you have issues with them, I'll be willing to tag a few of them to come roast your ass to ashes
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
timsTNA:

Your lack of intelligence becomes more obvious with each word you type
For the record, I am not from Anambra, but if you have issues with them, I'll be willing to tag a few of them to come roast your ass to ashes

O really? grin

Wonder shall never cease sef.

Before I embarrass you Mr intelligent where are you from? grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

O really? grin

Wonder shall never cease sef.

Before I embarrass you Mr intelligent where are you from? grin

What is the aim of this banter sef?
You are just a fool lacking focus, drifting from one issue to the other like your drunk father
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
timsTNA:

What is the aim of this banter sef?
You are just a fool lacking focus, drifting from one issue to the other like your drunk father

What a kid @ at the bolded grin
Good question,and that's why I asked why you quote in the first place?

Come here don't run already where are you from my friend? grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by jmoore(m): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Opakan2:

if not for Nigeria.. igbos guts can make any gentleman xenophobic a terrorist #fact
undecided
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

Good question,and that's why I asked why you quote in the first place?

Come here don't run already where are you from my friend? grin

You where are you from. Ladies first Lmfao
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
timsTNA:

You where are you from. Ladies first Lmfao

Thought I asked you first dumbo

grin

Answer me or..

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by timsTNA: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

[s]

Thought I asked you first dumbo

grin

Answer me or.. [/s]

Thrash. Only b*tches ask people to do what they aint comfortable doing themselves.
So now i know you are a dumb, aimless, spineless b*tch

RIP

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
timsTNA:

Thrash. Only b*tches ask people to do what they aint comfortable doing themselves.
So now i know you are a dumb, aimless, spineless b*tch

RIP

Like seriously.. undecided are you really that hurt uh?
Eyah poor thing cry
grin
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by dikerebel(m): 10:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
Twistaray:

Loolz
pls can someone tell him to receive sense
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Twistaray(m): 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
dikerebel:
pls can someone tell him to receive sense

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kk
Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
.. Yes.Genuine peace that leads to development and economic prosperity. Most especially, peace as a sign of strength that comes from natural justice and equality.

However,operation python dance is in a wrong place. This is because Igboland is historically as peaceful as a dove and olive branch. Any attempt to use this "python dance" to extort, harass, cowed or solicit bribes from law abiding citizens going about their daily routine by over zealous soldiers during this yuletide will be resisted. Hope the Governor made this point very clear to the COAS.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Desperate For Peace In Nigeria – Gov. Ikpeazu by Reminez(m): 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
CSTR13:
Yes..just like the crying oaf of a governor from Enugu or the herdsmen bribing uncle Tom from Anambra .Honesty and bravery are virtues missing from the people of the gully land .The joke is on you !!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN! Why I Visited Nnamdi Kanu Today In Kuje Prison - Orji Uzor Kalu (photos / Time To Question The Pot Bellied Amaechi's Sanity By Reno Omokri / BBC Mocks Nigeria Over Buhari’s Medical Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.