Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian (957 Views)

Court dissolves Five Year-old Marriage Over Husband’s Impotence / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by HungerBAD: 4:11am On Dec 09, 2016
By Editor

An Ibadan Customary Court in Oyo State yesterday dissolved a six-year-old marriage between Femi Bankole and his wife, Modupeoluwa, following the man’s consent to her request for divorce.

The plaintiff had sought the dissolution of the marriage, accusing the man of embarrassing, molesting and threatening her life because she was always bed-wetting.

Dissolving the marriage, the judge, Mukaila Balogun, ordered that the only child of the couple should be with the plaintiff. Mr. Balogun also ordered the defendant to be providing N4,000 monthly for the upkeep of the child and warned the parties against fomenting trouble against each other.

The plaintiff had told the court that her husband was in the habit of disgracing her in public because of her condition. She said she earlier told her husband of her health challenges before they got married.

“His bad attitude toward me can no longer be endured; he beats me always and I have no rest of mind due to the way he treated me. I had been warned not to marry him due to his bad character but I did not listen because I loved him. I pray the court to separate us so that I can start my life afresh since I am still young,” she said.

http://guardian.ng/news/court-dissolves-six-year-old-marriage-over-wifes-bed-wetting/

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by Bishop4bella(m): 4:33am On Dec 09, 2016
This is serious. Miracle working God will heal you ma. You have been told about his habits but you insisted in marrying him.

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by udemejack(m): 5:04am On Dec 09, 2016
when pampers is still on sale?
Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by 40kobo77: 5:08am On Dec 09, 2016
Maybe its spiritual.
Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by Ishilove: 6:16am On Dec 09, 2016
Sad. This is part of the reasons I am not one of the those lauding Toke Makinwa. You see all the signs before marrying but you insist of 'chooking' head, and when you finally start facing the repercussions in marriage, you come out to give sob stories.

The lady above was told of his bad character but she went ahead, now she wants the marriage dissolved over the same bad character she was warned about from the outset.

Love is blind but na inside marriage eye dey clear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by cassidy1996(m): 6:48am On Dec 09, 2016
GOD will heal you....
Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by JoeBlocks(m): 7:09am On Dec 09, 2016
Ishilove:
Sad. This is part of the reasons I am not one of the those lauding Toke Makinwa. You see all the signs before marrying but you insist of 'chooking' head, when you finally start facing the repercussions in marriage, you come out to give sob stories.

The lady above was told of his bad character but she went ahead, now she wants the marriage over the same bad character she was warned about from the outset.

It's also the reason I believe those who are rejoicing over Toke's book and giving it nonsense review need serious brain surgery.

The signs is always there for people to see, but they never see it cos they usually hold on to this nonsensical believe that 'change' will happen.

The zeal for most women to get married at all cost is making them overlook obvious negative signs that might save them unnecessary headaches.

Then again, it's their world, how does it affect me.
Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by YUNGLURD(m): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2016
i think the woman is selfish for saying she has been warned not to marry him cos of his bad character...How would a grown woman still be bedwetting @ this her age without seeking an ending solution to it b4 now?..Did she tell her husband of her predicament b4 they got married?..I think the husband reacted as a result of that cos if i were to be in his shoe i might even do worst...
Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by Ishilove: 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
JoeBlocks:
It's also the reason I believe those who are rejoicing over Toke's book and giving it nonsense review need serious brain surgery.

The signs is always there for people to see, but they never see it cos they usually hold on to this nonsensical believe that 'change' will happen.

The zeal for most women to get married at all cost is making them overlook obvious negative signs that might save them unnecessary headaches.

Then again, it's their world, how does it affect me.
It affects us one way or the other because they keep on producing dysfunctional children who end up flooding Romance section on Nairaland to perpetuate their fuckery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by shegxi(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ishilove:
Sad. This is part of the reasons I am not one of the those lauding Toke Makinwa. You see all the signs before marrying but you insist of 'chooking' head, and when you finally start facing the repercussions in marriage, you come out to give sob stories.

The lady above was told of his bad character but she went ahead, now she wants the marriage dissolved over the same bad character she was warned about from the outset.

i feel you are not totally correct as per the toke episode and her book. granted she made a mistake, having courage to rise up from her mistakes must be commended. so many people make mistakes and never come out of it.
i agree the emphasis should be on not making mistakes in the first place, but when people fall and rise again, commend them.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by Ishilove: 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
shegxi:
i feel you are not totally correct as per the toke episode and her book. granted she made a mistake, having courage to rise up from her mistakes must be commended. so many people make mistakes and never come out of it.
i agree the emphasis should be on not making mistakes in the first place, but when people fall and rise again, commend them.
Okay
Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by 40kobo77: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ishilove:

I love you.

I will take care of all your needs. Leave that hungry boy alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by Richy4(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
The lady must be the most strong willed person ever...Despite her condition, she still wants out...I wish I could see her and give her a daddy's hug. she is really good.... Some without conditions will rather wanna die in an abusive relationship than remove that MRS title...

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by Ishilove: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
40kobo77:

I love you.

I will take care of all your needs. Leave that hungry boy alone.
With a username with 'kobo' in it...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves Six-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Bed-wetting:the Guardian by HungerBAD: 4:25am On Dec 10, 2016
Ishilove:

With a username with 'kobo' in it...

lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What A Five Year Old Requested For / Baby Looks Like Neighbour’s Son’ (photos) / How To Behave When Accommodated By Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.