Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie (13944 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Others Fail To Pay Party Levies — APC / Sowore: Tinubu, Others Used To Hide While We Faced The Military In The 90's / Nnamdi Kanu Attacks Bola Tinubu, Others Over ‘one Nigeria’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by tunderay(m): 7:41am On Dec 09, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Defender of corrupt octopus
Give me facts, don't just rant

1 Like

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by 9jaBloke: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2016
Supported, but names from all parts of the country shud be there.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by MarshRiley(m): 7:43am On Dec 09, 2016
Infact,arrest all the previous leaders that held office in various capacities.
From 1999 till date.
Don't forget abacha's family too
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Mujaheeeden: 7:44am On Dec 09, 2016
tunderay:
Give me facts, not ranting
Take a stroll through Lekki Epe expressway then come back and tell me how much a governor earns that can make him to afford such assets

Lover of corruption

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by AbelPraize1(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Nigeria law is met for the poor Nigerians,E F C C is an agency for revenge, Buhari is not fighting corruption he is only wagging war against those who opposed him before he came on power,so alaye go sit down Obasanjo Ke! how will u say the dog should bite the owner,rule of law which mean supremacy of the law over all citizens doesn't work in Nigeria some people are above the law.
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by tunderay(m): 7:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Take a stroll through Lekki Epe expressway then come back and tell me how much a governor earns that can make him to afford such assets

Lover of corruption
you are still ranting Mr man.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Mujaheeeden: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2016
tunderay:
you are still ranting Mr man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by emynike2001(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2016
who first?

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 09, 2016
tunderay:
My interest is on that of Tinubu, what exactly did he do? He left Govt in 2007 when PDP was in center as the ruling party, he was tried at the CCB, nothing was established against him. Its now clear that some people just hate the man for no reason.

Note: don't quote me if you have nothing sensible to say.
Don't mind them. I still wonder why attention is always being focussed on tinubu whenever corruption is mentioned in Nigeria. He's been tried severally by the then ruling party, at the time when he didn't even have any influence that could have worked in his favour on those allegations levelled against him. In the end, he prevailed. What I see here is 'bad belle'. If anybody governs Lagos for just 2 years and earns salary alongside all the accrued benefits legitimately, his generation up to the 5th one, can never be poor again if the wealth is well managed. Lagos(a state for that matter), is the 3rd largest economy in africa. The state is richer than the whole of Nigeria put together, any many countries in africa. Considering where tinubu is coming from, a chief accountant at Mobil for many years....his worth shouldn't be a strange thing to many. My cousin, a graduate of engineering who was retained by Shell where he served as a corper 5 years ago, earned close to 2m naira monthly as a total package then. By now, his salary package must be close to 2.5m. If you're an ordinary driver in any of the foremost oil companies in Nigeria and you don't eat with all your ten fingers, you could actually own a mansion at Lekki, yes! A matron retired from one oil company recently was paid 350m naira as retirement benefit. Imagine what a chief accountant of a company like Mobil and a two-term governor of a state like Lagos,must have earned in his entire life. People should just put aside their disgruntled feelings and face the realities on ground.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Billygee2u: 7:55am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by LorDBolton(m): 7:56am On Dec 09, 2016
tunderay:
My interest is on that of Tinubu, what exactly did he do? He left Govt in 2007 when PDP was in center as the ruling party, he was tried at the CCB, nothing was established against him. Its now clear that some people just hate the man for no reason.

Gbam! Efcc ccb icpc have all investigated him, found nothing.

People just hate him cos he reeks of achievement

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by varmint: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

Lover of corruption
I'm very sure Jonathan took a stroll, still couldn't come up with anything. Like he said, present facts and not assumptions. I'm also puzzled why only politicians in APC were mentioned, is he trying to say GEJ has no corrupt dealings? I beg to disagree.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 09, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

Lover of corruption
which assets...Oriental hotel whose owner I know very well? Kanu's hotel? Estates on both sides owned by private developers and oil companies like femi okunu, eleganza(chief okoya), Chevron,etc? Which assets are you talking about? Please list them and I'd tell you who owns some of them.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by tunderay(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2016
LorDBolton:

Gbam! Efcc ccb icpc have all investigated him, found nothing.

People just hate him cos he reeks of achievement
Exactly , and they are just wasting their time

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by tunderay(m): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2016
awelekiti:
Don't mind them. I still wonder why attention is always being focussed on tinubu whenever corruption is mentioned in Nigeria. He's been tried severally by the then ruling party, at the time when he didn't even have any influence that could have worked in his favour on those allegations levelled against him. In the end, he prevailed. What I see here is 'bad belle'. If anybody governs Lagos for just 2 years and earns salary alongside all the accrued benefits legitimately, his generation up to the 5th one, can never be poor again if the wealth is well managed. Lagos(a state for that matter), is the 3rd largest economy in africa. The state is richer than the whole of Nigeria put together, any many countries in africa. Considering where tinubu is coming from, a chief accountant at Mobil for many years....his worth shouldn't be a strange thing to many. My cousin, a graduate of engineering who was retained by Shell where he served as a corper 5 years ago, earned close to 2m naira monthly as a total package then. By now, his salary package must be close to 2.5m. If you're an ordinary driver in any of the foremost oil companies in Nigeria and you don't eat with all your ten fingers, you could actually own a mansion at Lekki, yes! A matron retired from one oil company recently was paid 350m naira as retirement benefit. Imagine what a chief accountant of a company like Mobil and a two-term governor of a state like Lagos,must have earned in his entire life. People should just put aside their disgruntled feelings and face the realities on ground.
You too get sense my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by koladebrainiac(m): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2016
If only FG will arrest Jonathan n Patience jonathan join. N wike n This formal Akwa Ibom governor.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by klassykute(m): 8:15am On Dec 09, 2016
softMarket:
Future Impossible Tense! grin grin

who will arrest OBJ?.......EFCC?

Who created EFCC? grin grin......they don't have respect again? grin grin
leave dat man mk e dey talk..e nor knw were dey pain am
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by klassykute(m): 8:17am On Dec 09, 2016
MrcuteOscar:
Beggars would ride.
only beggers.. boss cripple go climb nd ride dem self
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Epsilon92: 8:17am On Dec 09, 2016
That will take the country backward and at the end nothing will be achieved, so is better we focus on how to end recession than going after wind.
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by JUHABACH: 8:23am On Dec 09, 2016
tunderay:

its not that the CCB didnt have a case against tinubu. the tribunal made a procedural error by failing to invite tinubu before commencing a trial against him which tinubu used as justification to have the case thrown out. it should be noted that this same error was made in saraki's trial but the CCT chose to ignore its own precedent, even admitting that it acted i n error with regards to tinubu s case.
http://m.guardian.ng/news/cct-admits-error-in-freeing-tinubu-okays-sarakis-trial/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/17/i-defied-pressure-in-tinubus-trial-and-did-the-right-thing-cct-chairman/
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by AreaFada2: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2016
Only a man prepared for martyrdom can do that. Like Thomas Sankara. Rawlings luckily got away with it. But only just.

Nigerians like Igbadun too much. Nobody wan leave enjoyment go die. Even poor man nor wan die sef. angry cheesy
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by shegra58: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2016
balanceofterror1:
Buhari and APC don't have the bolls to do this.
GEJ should have done that undecided
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by frubben(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2016
Don't come here and lament oooo when u lose u job. As ur mouth no let u keep.
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by riczy(m): 8:32am On Dec 09, 2016
Wishing d imposicant,Dat means Naija will crash! Efcc can't bite d fingers Dat fed it, Dat prof is a"wailer"
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by IamISRAEL(m): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Was this one saying?
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by tunderay(m): 8:48am On Dec 09, 2016
JUHABACH:

its not that the CCB didnt have a case against tinubu. the tribunal made a procedural error by failing to invite tinubu before commencing a trial against him which tinubu used as justification to have the case thrown out. it should be noted that this same error was made in saraki's trial but the CCT chose to ignore its own precedent, even admitting that it acted i n error with regards to tinubu s case.
http://m.guardian.ng/news/cct-admits-error-in-freeing-tinubu-okays-sarakis-trial/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/17/i-defied-pressure-in-tinubus-trial-and-did-the-right-thing-cct-chairman/
Thanks for that, what about EFCC?
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2016
nerodenero:
I believe OBJ has all the facts and evidence against everybody in power both past and present, the reason he is feared. If OBJ goes down, Buhari goes too and many more polithiefcians will go down. A neutral, powerful and fearless politician with no history of any wrongdoings in government is the only remedy to sending all these thieves to Kirikiri. Hard as it may seem to believe or accept, some people are simply untouchable!

As the polithiefcians will always believe, Nigerians will always have their say, they will have their way. Pathetic!
the bolded is the only solution to end this corruption, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands

1 Like

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Obipat(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2016
balanceofterror1:
Buhari and APC don't have the bolls to do this.
balls, thank me later

1 Like

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by buchilino(m): 9:13am On Dec 09, 2016
5starmilitant:
After seeing this news, buhari will suddenly develop ear ebola again. grin

VERY FUNNY.
Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Ngokafor(f): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2016
awelekiti:

....Lovers and defenders of corruption and corrupt individuals....see the epistle you are writting to defend thembecause you guys are yoruba and he is one of you and your demi-god..

...in the same vein,you lots expect Dieziani who had equally worked in Chevron as one of the Executive Directors before her appointment as Minister of PETROLEUM,with all the benefits attached to that office to be lynched for owning luxury items......Hypocrites everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2016
Ngokafor:

....Lovers and defenders of corruption and corrupt individuals....see the epistle you are writting to defend thembecause you guys are yoruba and he is one of you and your demi-god..

...in the same vein,you lots expect Dieziani who had equally worked in Chevron as one of the Executive Directors before her appointment as Minister of PETROLEUM,with all the benefits attached to that office to be lynched for owning luxury items......Hypocrites everywhere.
She was a director at Chevron for 3 years. Tinubu was Chief accountant at mobil for almost a decade. Did diezani serve as governor for a year, not to talk of 8 years? I agree she owned some assets legitimately but most of what she acquired are illegitimate because the records have shown. I put down the said epistle so people like you could rest. Enough of all these media lynching of tinubu

1 Like

Re: Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie by shotster50(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2016
I am quite surprised by the negative comments here. If we truly mean to fight corruption, the men mentioned are the figureheads... In a country with twisted ideologies.. we are celebrating the causes of our misery instead of bringing them to justice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State / Boko Haram Attack At Bale In Maiduguri: 15 Killed, 55 Persons Injured / Osun '18: PDP Screening Committee Successfully Screens, Clears 11 Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.